“Good range of meals at reasonable prices”

Stone's Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 97 Restaurants in Minehead
Cuisines: British
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 July 2014

If you arrive out of main eating hours then service is fast friendly and efficient. Meals of good quality.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stones this year was a complete disappointment because my husband likes one particular meal we did visit and what he ate was good but the food was inconsistent portion sizes .Running out of food. One of my meals I found a piece of silicone spatula among my mushrooms I did complain and got my money back but the manager was not concerned in the least my regret Is I did not save the foreign body. and then another meal was ruined by a group of ladies 7 of which had ordered Lamb shanks and all sent them back as were tough. It went on for quiet a while in the end the whole party did not pay. we were told that they had staffing problems. are they running a buisness??

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great atmosphere if you dine early. After 9 the pub turns over at weekends to party time for youngsters. The Menu is quite large and we have eaten here many times. They have a specials board and the food is well cooked at reasonable prices as are the drinks.
Service has always been good and attentive.

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Don't like posting negative feedback but unfortunately I was asked to take a seat and order will be taken soon. Sat waiting 5 mins ...10 mins two couples walk in. They get drinks order taken. I'm sat a further 5 mins their food order gets taken. I still haven't had my drinks order taken. Another couple looked at me smiling wryly, slightly embarrassed. Waited another 10 and called it quits, walked out. 30 mins I sat waiting, they were not busy at all - 3 couples of which 2 were finished. Never mind, found a lovely curry house down the road instead !

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Called in for a drink, service was fine. It was very quiet when we were in the bar so cannot comment further