“Very poor”

Ranked #46 of 94 Restaurants in Minehead
Somerset
“Very poor”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I agree with Haavard. Th quality of the meal was poor and the staff appeared tired and totally disinterested. My wife ordered the £16 menu, with three items. The soup was like slightly greem vomit and tasteless. He had the main meal and then the desert. Since she allowed me to eat the soup, the waitress said I had to pay for my soup separately, and charged an extra 95p for the privilege, even though it was covered by the menu option. Obviously, this place is struggling to stay open, and has now lost three potential customers. The place is tired, cramped and the staff are on auto-pilot. The place is NOT worth it. Never again.

• Visited May 2013

South Wales, Great Britain
“Lovely cream tea”
Reviewed 5 April 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely warm scone and cream. Made to feel welcome. Walked around Minehead and it was blowing a gale. Nice warm room and lady made us feel welcome.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank AREEBA_7
Stord, Norway
“Will not recommend the restaurant”
Reviewed 24 August 2012

The Gascony is a B&B hotel with restaurant facilities, centrally located in Minehead.
We were tempted by “Fresh baked cod with provencale sauce with new potatoes or jacked wedges and vegetables…..£10.50”, and wanted to give it a try, ref. attached photo.
After the order had been taken I for some reason said to my wife; “let us double-check that the meal will be served with new potatoes”. The answer from the waitress was surprising, as we were then told there were not enough new potatoes left, so we could choose between chips and vegetables. We found this a bit strange, but we had already started sharing a bottle of nice white wine, so we decided to continue. When the meal had been served we immediately found that the “fresh baked cod” was no more than a below-average pub battered cod & chips meal, except for the price: A few days earlier we had a far better meal at “the Hobby Horse Inn” down at the Esplanade at the price of 6£. So of course we did not bother to try the Gascony again. This review does only apply to the restaurant, as we did not stay at the accomodation.