“Great Food”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We recently had a take away from here, and well, what can I say except the food was exceptional. Piping hot and plenty off it and very good value for money. We will definatley be returning.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Ate on New Year's Eve. Service was a little slow, but the food was very tasty. The menu had a good selection of items. Restaurant, but not the food, was a little cold.

Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

So my review is focused on the takeaway side if the business, I ring up and place the order - reply... Yes Sir 20minutes. (and I'm writing this because it's the same every time!) so I get there - they are very quick to take your money and then that's where it goes wrong!! I wait a further 10/15/20.. 25 minutes before my meal is given to me, again on this visit many others were there complaining, one girl said she had waited 45mins!!
The food (of which of coarse we are suppose to be reviewing) is very good, though not as good as it has been, they have over the years received an Egon Ronay award but I think (hope!) it was a good few years ago! (Though I note it's still used on the menus!)
My feelings are if they put an extra member or two of staff in the kitchen some of the issues above could be sorted.
Note to business.. "Must try harder!!"

4  Thank JeremyK483
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We ate at this restaurant in October 2013. The food was excellent. We had king prawn and chinese veg, chicken currry, and mixed satay with sauce. This is some of the best food we have had. We like our chinese food and have had bad, this was not. Cost wise was what you would expect to pay in a restaurant. The staff were friendly and attentive. Wish we could have gone again during our stay.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

We went to the golden house Chinese restaurant in Minehead and the food was fantastic. The hosts were very polite and welcoming on our arrival nothing was too much trouble for them.Only downside is that it was a bit expensive but you get what you pay for. Would definitely recommend it to anyone .

1  Thank piglet1985