“Best fish and chips in Minehead area”
Review of Alcombe Fish Bar

Alcombe Fish Bar
Ranked #29 of 96 Restaurants in Minehead
Cuisines: Fast food
Nether Stowey, United Kingdom
“Best fish and chips in Minehead area”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Whenever we have fish & chips when we visit Minehead we always go to Alcombe Fish bar. Just tucked away off the main road into the town on the left, not much parking but I would always be happy to walk from a near by street. The fish and chips is just so tasty you must give it a go! We then drove dopwn to the seafront and ate them there. I'm going back again soon.

• Visited July 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“U cant go wrong!!”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Excellent fish & chips, the fish taste so fresh I'm sure it was caught that morning!!
The prices I thought was cheap for the standard of food.
Customer service was second too none, what a lovely couple.
I would recommend this chip shop to anyone!

1 Thank Adrian T
“One of the best”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I'm no Hercule Poirot, but an 'off the beaten track' chippy, with enough cash flow to maintain such a tidy establishment in a seaside town with dozens of choices had to be doing something right. Visited before reading the reviews and can definitely understand how this place has such a reputation. Cooked to order, whilst still a reasonable wait and friendly owners to chat to. The fish was the best I've had in years, and the way the chips are done is a winner for me. Do yourself a favour, stop off if traveling along the A39 or if staying in Minehead, go fetch them from here and then park up on the Esplanade whilst enjoying the view.

3 Thank brendan s
“Best Chippy Around!”
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Have been here many times and can say everything I've tried is delicious! Fast and friendly service with a smile! Very reasonably priced and the portions are good too!

2 Thank Eleanor S
“Would highly recommend ”
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Wouldn't get fish and chips from anywhere else locally. They are always fresh and so tasty, not too greasy either. Would highly recommend a visit xx