“A little gem!”
Review of Peri - CLOSED

Peri
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We were in Minehead for the day and were looking for somewhere to have a light lunch, away from the fish and chip shops and the like. We spotted Peri and as we like our crepes and waffles, thought it seemed perfect.

And it was. The service was extremely friendly and helpful, and the food excellent. Will definitely return if we are in the area.

Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

A small French patisserie located in Minehead in Somerset.
A small family run patisserie where you can get fresh homemade waffles, crèpes, baguettes and the like with great hot and cold drinks.
Very peaceful despite being in Mineheads main avenue it has a leisurely feel about it that is relaxing and comfortable. I was served the best waffles I have ever tasted and probably will ever taste my wife's crèpe was awesome ( I had to try a little ;-) and the white chocolate cheese cake was to die for and all made on the premises by the owners wife.
To summarise, if you are in Minehead, pop in. You won't regret it.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Visited with my mum and daughters , they enjoyed hot chocolate and cake while mum and i had coffee. The coffee was lovely and hot which sounds strange but sometimes in cafes it's luke warm. The girls had big slices of chocolate cake and one of them couldn't manage it all. The staff were lovely and friendly. If you're in the area give it a go !!

Reviewed 21 July 2013

I came upon this restaurant by chance wandering down the high street and liked the look as being french themed it offered something different from the usual coffee shop chains and tea shops/cafes. The owner was handing out free pastries to passers by which was a good start. I had a reasonable cup of coffee, and a nice slice of spicy ginger cake which was tasty. Nice ambiance and staff v. attentive. There is Indoor and outdoor seating, I chose to make the most of the weather and sat outside. There is a good range of pastries, crepes,sandwiches etc. and I treated myself to a nice fruit tart on leaving. It's not the cheapest of places however it's certainly not expensive and the owner only charged me a fiver (cheaper than menu price). He's moved down from London and had only been open a week or so. He's very pleasant and seemed like a genuine character who cared about the service he was providing. My experience was such that I intend to travel the 35miles from my home town to eat there again tomorrow which gives you some idea of how I feel about the place.There is a varied menu so I am intending to have something more substantial this time and would recommend anyone else to do the same.

2  Thank gavin1954
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Breakfast crepes at 10am. So good we went back for savoury crepes for lunch. Great food, superb tea and served with a smile. This cafe is going to do really well

2  Thank GW130857