“Best”
Review of Peri - CLOSED

Peri
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

I like peri because it has got a nice atmosphere also l'll let all my friends know too ,,..............................

Reviewed 28 August 2013

If you want to make a success of a bistro, modelling yourself on Basil Fawlty is probably not the best way to do it. My elderly mother-in-law invited us to Peri's for lunch on August Bank Holiday Saturday. We ordered quiche and were told that it would take twenty minutes. One table came, ordered, ate and went. It filled up again. We waited. After FIFTY minutes we asked if it would be much longer and Basil told us very aggressively that we had been told that it would take at least twenty minutes. We pointed out that it was more than twice as long since we ordered and he flounced off. Later he asked if it had been worth the wait - a rather patronising question - and I mentioned that the feta in my crepe was definitely becoming fizzy and it would be a good idea not to use any more of it. More flouncing. We should have been warned - locals had told us that his bad manners were spectacular and the newly-appointed kitchen pitifully small, so that waiting times are anything up to an hour. The bistro was very under-staffed for a prime position on a Bank Holiday Saturday - I'd like to think that the rudeness was down to stress rather than a general manner, but I shan't be back to find out.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

We were in Minehead for the day and were looking for somewhere to have a light lunch, away from the fish and chip shops and the like. We spotted Peri and as we like our crepes and waffles, thought it seemed perfect.

And it was. The service was extremely friendly and helpful, and the food excellent. Will definitely return if we are in the area.

Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

A small French patisserie located in Minehead in Somerset.
A small family run patisserie where you can get fresh homemade waffles, crèpes, baguettes and the like with great hot and cold drinks.
Very peaceful despite being in Mineheads main avenue it has a leisurely feel about it that is relaxing and comfortable. I was served the best waffles I have ever tasted and probably will ever taste my wife's crèpe was awesome ( I had to try a little ;-) and the white chocolate cheese cake was to die for and all made on the premises by the owners wife.
To summarise, if you are in Minehead, pop in. You won't regret it.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Visited with my mum and daughters , they enjoyed hot chocolate and cake while mum and i had coffee. The coffee was lovely and hot which sounds strange but sometimes in cafes it's luke warm. The girls had big slices of chocolate cake and one of them couldn't manage it all. The staff were lovely and friendly. If you're in the area give it a go !!