“Definitely not worth a penny”
Review of Peri - CLOSED

Peri
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I went with my couple for a dessert and a coffee in the afternoon. We sat outside and ordered a crepe and waffle, and after 10 minutes they brought it to our table. The crepe could not have been smaller and they change you almost 5 pounds. When they waitress came I was curious to ask about something in the menu, and she corrected my pronunciation with sarcasm (I am Spanish). Definitely not the way to treat customers and too expensive for what you get. Will never come back.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Visited for coffee and french strawberry tarts which were absolutely fantastic and having just returned from a prolonged visit to France can state they were better than a lot I actually ate in France. My coffee was large and hot and my friend`s crepe looked filling and she said was absolutely delightful. Service was prompt, efficient and friendly.

It is so refreshing to have a different choice of cafe from the run of the mill places on the Avenue and I wish them every success in their venture because they deserve to succeed.

Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

I like peri because it has got a nice atmosphere also l'll let all my friends know too ,,..............................

Reviewed 28 August 2013

If you want to make a success of a bistro, modelling yourself on Basil Fawlty is probably not the best way to do it. My elderly mother-in-law invited us to Peri's for lunch on August Bank Holiday Saturday. We ordered quiche and were told that it would take twenty minutes. One table came, ordered, ate and went. It filled up again. We waited. After FIFTY minutes we asked if it would be much longer and Basil told us very aggressively that we had been told that it would take at least twenty minutes. We pointed out that it was more than twice as long since we ordered and he flounced off. Later he asked if it had been worth the wait - a rather patronising question - and I mentioned that the feta in my crepe was definitely becoming fizzy and it would be a good idea not to use any more of it. More flouncing. We should have been warned - locals had told us that his bad manners were spectacular and the newly-appointed kitchen pitifully small, so that waiting times are anything up to an hour. The bistro was very under-staffed for a prime position on a Bank Holiday Saturday - I'd like to think that the rudeness was down to stress rather than a general manner, but I shan't be back to find out.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

We were in Minehead for the day and were looking for somewhere to have a light lunch, away from the fish and chip shops and the like. We spotted Peri and as we like our crepes and waffles, thought it seemed perfect.

And it was. The service was extremely friendly and helpful, and the food excellent. Will definitely return if we are in the area.