“A la carte meal”
Review of Pips Fish - CLOSED

Pips Fish
Price range: US$3 - US$18
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We source all our fresh fish from Jacqui of El Pescadero who drives the two hours to Brixham Market five days a week to source the freshest fish possible. See our special board for today’s Day Boat catches.Our bass and bream is farmed from the sea to the plate in hours. The fish are tagged and tracked all the way to the buyer, farmed responsibly and sustainably.By looking for the MSC label when shopping or dining out, you can enjoy eating any of these species responsibly. Just make sure to look for the blue label!
Cannock, United Kingdom
“A la carte meal”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We were quite hungry so went in search of a fish supper, we had read good write ups on this restaurant so decided to give it a try! We both went for the baked cod with vegetables. It was all prepared & cooked fresh, In our minds we expected baked fish with a plate of various vegetables, what we got was an A la carte meal, it was very well presented & the food tasted fabulous but, there was not enough! It did not help that we skipped lunch that day! If you are looking for a well cooked & well presented A la carte meal, pips is the place for you! :-)

• Visited June 2014
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

1 Thank Youngpolly

yeovil
“A first time for everything”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

When Paul said we were having a romantic weekend in Minehead......I thought hmmmm ok
When he said our romantic dinner was in what appeared to be the local fish and chip shop.......I was intrigued but it wasn't what I was expecting to be frank.
Oh this was something entirely different, behind the fish and chip counter is a little bistro, it is simple in decor, it has the face of a nice cafe, however the staff were so attentive and helpful, the service on a par with any good restaurant I have ever eaten in.........but it was the food........the menu was not extensive, it relies on local availability, we both chose the hake served with mussel butter....oh and the courgette chips, there are no words to describe how such a simple
Meal was transformed into a superb, perfectly cooked dish of exquisite textures and flavours........if you do just one thing whilst in Minehead then make it a fish dinner with a difference......you seriously will not be disappointed, I wasn't and according to Paul I am pretty high maintenance........pah what does he know hahaha.
Enjoy enjoy and I do hope you have as much of a good time as we did ;)

• Visited June 2014
Wellington, New Zealand
“Greasy fish”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

The outside seating was nice. The chips were ok. Fish had too much batter and was too greasy. We just went their for fish and chips so can't comment on restaurant part.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't eat here!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

They have just refused a table of four because one member of the group was blind and had a guide dog. NO DOGS ALOUD!!! Unbelievable, ignorant staff. Stupid, stupid people. Ignorance of the law as everyone knows is no defense. This establishment deserves no one's money.

1 Thank A M
Mark S, Owner at Pips Fish, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
On behalf of myself and the team, We do hope that you will accept our sincere apologies. There was no intent to cause upset. Do please contact me at mark@pipspubs.com . I would like to speak with you in person.
“No guide dogs allowed? This is illegal. ”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Today my friends and I decided to go to Pips fish to try the much recommended food. Sadly though, this was not or be as I have a guide dog.

Now, my guide dog Finlay is pretty well known around Minehead, and in this day and age you you'd expect business owners to be aware that guide dogs are allowed into any premises. In fact, it is ILLEGAL to deny entry to a guide dog. This is clearly stated in the disability discrimination legislation. It's just like telling someone in a wheelchair they can't come in because they have a wheelchair.

Guide dogs are not legally speaking "dogs" but are mobility aids. They also have a certificate provided by guide dogs UK, stating that guide dogs are not detrimental to hygiene or health a day safety.

So sorry Pips. Denying entry to someone because they have a guide dog gets you one star, and that's only because I can't give you no stars at all.

1 Thank D0kky