“Definitely the 'catch of the day'”
Review of Pips Fish - CLOSED

Pips Fish
Price range: US$3 - US$18
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We source all our fresh fish from Jacqui of El Pescadero who drives the two hours to Brixham Market five days a week to source the freshest fish possible. See our special board for today’s Day Boat catches.Our bass and bream is farmed from the sea to the plate in hours. The fish are tagged and tracked all the way to the buyer, farmed responsibly and sustainably.By looking for the MSC label when shopping or dining out, you can enjoy eating any of these species responsibly. Just make sure to look for the blue label!
Reviewed 21 August 2014

For the best experience of Pips is to eat in the restaurant , good food and value for money. People should not be put off by the prices until they have eaten there. An interesting choice on the menu, with specials on different nights. The haddock was particularly good when available. Everything is cooked fresh as it should be, and not greasy. Very good fish cakes, and the tiger prawns with anchovy salad was excellent. The tartar sauce is the best I have tasted in a long time, and I was told that they make their own.
Good and helpful staff ( Dora served us on both evenings) resulting in a very pleasant evening meal. We will definitely be returning on the next visit to the Minehead area.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Went here a few days ago. Myself and my uncle had scampi and it was ok but overpriced. My dad doesn't eat fish so asked for battered sausage and chips, what came out was an insult really! The stupid woman brought out a kids size portion and the sausage wasn't battered! Won't be going back. Might also add, seems like all the staff are foreign. The paneling in the restaurant is very dirty. My dad also spotted the guy cooking pushing the chips down with his hands which you're not supposed to do! Think the council need to pay them a visit. The 5* food rating sticker should be a 3!

3  Thank James W
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I had fish and chips here. We ate in the restaurant but you can also sit on the benches outside and watch the world go by or get a take-away (I miss the old newspaper days though). The fish is lovely - go for the cod loin. It's a bit more expensive that "Greasy Joe's" but well worth it.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Bought Fish(Cod, I think it was supposed to be) & Chips from the takeaway at lunchtime 14/8/14, the fish was grey, oily and tasteless, the portion size was on a par with a large fish finger by the time I'd fought through the overcooked batter, the chips portion again was small and the chips were no more than hard offcuts. For the price and all the bragging on the chalkboard outside about "quality sea food" I thought the meal was grossly overpriced, undersized and very poor quality. Never again.

1  Thank AnOldFossil
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We ate here last week on holiday. Had a great offer which is on Tuesdays after 6pm 2 fish & chips for £8 which was great and very tasty,my son wanted a fish cake & chips which the waitress said she could do for him. Wasn't until the bill came £7.95 for his fish cake and £2 for his small tray of chips. Very over priced! Would recommend the fish & chips just check the prices on what you order.