“So dad”
Review of Owls Restaurant - CLOSED

Owls Restaurant
Description: Family owned restaurant, under new ownership and very recently refurbished, serving home made foods
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This Was once a lovely place to eat. Not any more. Food is cold and obviously sourced from the local Iceland store. Measly portions and terrible service. What on earth has happened?

1  Thank Squeak440

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Great meeting place in the middle of town, views down highstreet for people-watching, and best English breakfast in town. I regularly visit with friends + family.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Slow to get served, there was nobody at the counter despite three serving staff being on duty and only three other tables occupied.

Tables uncleared and not wiped.

Ordered hit chocolates with marshmallows; instead of the small ones sprinkled in a wide cup of creamy chocolate they were full size marshmallows served on the side of a tall glass??

The coffee I ordered didn't turn up; after waiting ten minutes I returned to the counter to ask for it (it needed only to be poured from a jug of filter coffee not barista prepared).

£13 for 5 hot drinks and 3 cookies isn't too bad but the service was poor.

This well located, large cafe could and should be so much better. As others have pointed out competition from the Wetherspoons and The Hairy Dog mean this place needs to up its game.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I just to be a regular here for morning coffee etc but recently it has become a frozen food place very little cooking seems to be done just reheating the veg is always the same no matter what the season sometimes it is not even hot and the potion size has shrunk so never again

1  Thank 764steves
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I have just returned from my final visit from my once favorite cafe! This place has lost its way, I popped in the other day for a quick cup of coffee and have never been so disappointed in my life. The place felt cold and it was the first time I sat there and left my coat on. It was like sitting in a fridge, I drank my coffee quickly, which has not tasted the same for a while and quickly got ready to leave, unfortunately I made the mistake of visiting the toilets before I left, these were just as cold and looked like they needed a good clean.

I have had enough of watching this once great place spiral into darkness. Bring back Gary, bring back the staff, the mop and bucket and bring back the atmosphere- also learn how to make coffee and buy better quality..