“Nice lunch”

The Creamery
Ranked #2 of 6 Dessert in Minehead
Price range: US$4 - US$8
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Really nice menu offering some great fresh sandwiches, cream teas and breakfast. Also lots of homemade icecream, cakes and vast array of drinks on offer. Creamery also hold cocktail nights from time to time which is a great idea for a small town. Alway seems to be busy which is good to see.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I am not sure why they have bothered to spend a lot of money on an expensive espresso machine but not bothered to give staff training. The coffee was one of the worst I have had. The person serving just put some coffee in and let it run through for a long time until it was almost water coming through. Then overheated the milk despite having thermometer in the jug. It's not that hard!!

11  Thank Nicolas R
TheCreameryManager, Owner at The Creamery, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2015

Hi there, I'm very sorry hat you had a bad experience at our café, I'm afraid I'm not sure why your coffee was so awful, neither myself or my manager remember your complaint so I can only think you were served by an unattended trainee ( very unusual !) again I'm very sorry. I was wondering whether you would consider removing your bad review (as I think we've moved on quite a bit since you were here and its really dragging down our rating) or re-reviewing our café ? either would be greatly appreciated

Kind regards - Anna (owner)

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Had a nice meal in this lovely bright modern cafe. The kids ordered Moules-Frites, which they love. The Mussels arrived and were a good sized portion, with plenty of fries which were excellent. The mussels though, when opened up, the flesh just disintegrated, with each side sticking to it's half of the shell, in effect tearing the mussel in two. We tried 4 or 5 from each of their plates but you couldn't even remove them from the the shells, they just fell apart. We advised the server who seemed a little offended that we had complained but got the Chef to come out. He advised us, 'We've had this problem a few times now, but that's just how they come from their supplier'. We advised that they weren't edible and we didn't want them so he took them away.

Payment had been in advance and they failed to offer a refund or even a free ice cream for the kids when my wife ordered those after the meal.

It was a shame, and really downgraded the experience of what was otherwise was a very nice meal in a lovely bright venue.

I had the Chicken Caeser salad and my wife had Pate, both of which were excellent and I do have to say that the kids both had a massive pile of fries which came with the Mussels to munch through so they weren't overly upset or hungry afterwards.

The ice creams and tray bakes were excellent too. I'd suggest they stop ordering mussels from that supplier though.

TheCreameryManager, Owner at The Creamery, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2015

Hello there

I'm so sorry that this reply is so late, I have only just discovered that we are on here.

I am absolutely mortified at you treatment and experience, our policy to refund and replace any item that a customer is not happy with. To be honest, it doesn't happen very often so when it does we feel it is vitally important that our customers leave satisfied that there complaint has been dealt with properly.

I have spoken with my manager and he is completely unaware of any issue with the moules (which we had on special for 2 weeks last year) my conclusion is that the chef we were employing at the time, who had such a huge ego !! ( part of the reason he only lasted 3 shifts) didn't communicate the situation to anyone . Its so rubbish I'm so very sorry.

If your ever back in Minehead we would love to see you again!! If you would like to make contact through our Facebook page we would like to offer you some complimentary treats to make up for it - We will defiantly make sure your next visit is a fantastic one - Anna (Owner)

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The Creamery is the greatest. All the food is brilliant. Cakes are delicious and scrumptious because they are so soft on top. Everything was fabulous.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

we had a huge cream tea, the scone was warm and freshly baked, the coffee was lovely, i loved the vintage china my scone was served on, the menu is very limited but that doesn't matter, very clean place too