To be honest, when we booked this farm, we didn't pay attention to the fact that it was part of the Stepping Stones and therefore, was showing no stars. We usually choose 3 stars so overall, we were disappointed.
The negative points:
- This is an old farm, 3rd generation, that needs to be renovated to be a good B&B.
- The last bit of road to the farm is actually a long and narrow single track with dense edges. Scary to meet a car coming from the other direction!
- The entrance door is never locked, the landlord told us, and if you want a key for your room, you have to ask for it.
- The front of the house, parking space and gardens are not clean as geese and chickens are free range and do their business everywhere - not easy to walk.
- In the Walnut Room where we stayed, there is no carpet, only wooden floor and skin sheep rugs. It is not as luxurious as it looks on their website.
- The bathroom is very small and dated. The shower cubicle is very small, there is not enough space to dry towels, only 1 small shelf above sink, 1 tiny cupboard on wall, 2 taps cold/hot, 1 broken toilet roll holder, 1 basket as the bin (no lid). No door from bedroom to bathroom, only a curtain.
- No TV in the room, only in the lounge (although with all Sky channels, that was good - but the lounge is a bit smelly).
The positive points:
- Good location to visit Exmoor. Close to lovely places and to Minehead which is convenient for shops and eating places - although the quality of the food was disappointing.
- Easy to park the car.
- Can see a working organic farm. Nice to see the animals.
- The breakfast and especially the meat which is from the farm, is excellent. The tea is delicious. There is a good choice and most products are organic.
- The room is very spacious and has very spacious wardrobes - although their doors don't open and close easily and some are dusty on the inside.
- The farm is dog friendly so you can bring your dog. They themselves have 7 dogs! Careful though with the wooden floor in the room which is very slippery. My dog experienced it several times!
- Can use a small fridge on landing for 1 or 2 items (I used it for my dog's food).
- Good hospitality from the landlady.
- Very quiet place.
- Leaflets to take and maps to borrow.
Overall, there were some good things about this farm but we would not go back there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Real Farm - Real Food - Relax.... Idyllic location on top award winning organic farm, luxury B&B 18th century farmhouse charm with 21st century style and comforts. Food Heros and Beautiful farm award winners. Choose Breakfast from - Homemade finest sausages,own bacon, fresh baked bread, eggs from our chickens, own muesli, fresh fruit & yogurt, also specials. Many farm animals, wonderful walks direct form the door to the coast path and moor, relax in our outdoor Hot Tub bubbles. ... more less