Lorna Doone Guest House
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$191
  • Restaurant
The Beach Hotel(Minehead)
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfriendly ownerssingle roomb bthe west somerset railwayevery morningfull english breakfasthigh streetplace to stayfive minute walkensuite bathroomone nighthome from homea lovely staytea and coffeefresh fruitsea frontpoached eggs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We stayed here at the beginning of the South West Coast Path and had a lovely stay. We were made very comfortable and had a good (quiet) night's sleep and excellent breakfast. A lovely place to stay. We left something in the room and the owners were really kind and brought it on to our next place without us asking - amazing kindness.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My wife and I with our 4 year old daughter, have just spent a week at the Lorna Doone. The service was excellent from the moment we arrived at the Guest house to the moment we left. Our little daughter was amazed by the Disney themed breakfast room and DIsney Bowl, Plate and cutlery that greeted her every morning. The Lorna Doone is only a short walk to the sea front in Minehead and equally close to local restaurants and family friendly pubs for evening meals. The bedroom was cleaned every day and was very clean with Tea and Coffee replenished every day, the bed was very comfortable and easy to sleep in and the en-suite was clean and tidy with a good easy to work shower. The breakfasts were amazing, everything you could eat from cereal and fruit to toast and the "Full Works" Full English Breakfast, which set us up for entire day and was unbelieveably tasty too!! We all can't wait to go back again!!

1  Thank Steve B
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We stayed 1 night here after a 20 hour overnight flight. The B&B was well located and we walked everywhere. The room was clean and spacious but the best feature was the very comfortable bed which we very much appreciated - we slept like logs. The breakfast was great and our hosts very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this B&B

Room Tip: Room at the back was quiet and dark at night
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fleedom
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I've just spent two nights at the Lorna Doone guest house with my three year old son. Our room was lovely and spacious and clean. The breakfast was tasty and filling and a really nice touch was the childrens plates and cutlery for my son.
Sue and Warren were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble.The guest house is very well situated for the beach, shops and restaurants and plenty of parking right outside is handy when carrying luggage and a small child. I would highly recommend a stay here if you are heading to Minehead.

1  Thank weston2
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I've just returned from a 4 night stay at The Lorna Doone Guest House and I have only good things to stay. Warren & Sue were simply great. The room was spacious & very clean, their help navigating and finding places of interest locally was key to making the most of my time there. I will, without doubt be recommending them to my friends and family and when I'm next in Minehead I know where I'll be staying.

1  Thank Ross G