“Excellent value for money.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 92 Restaurants in Minehead
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Restaurant taken over from Zest, with new management. Serving Italian and European Cusine, using local ingredients where possible. Now also serving fresh fish and seafood, and beautiful steaks from a local producer. Our specials board is updated frequently. We cater for small to medium size parties, and our restaurant is ideal for birthdays, anniversaries and other special ocassions. Our restaurant has recently been redecorated and offers a cosy feel, with friendly service and freshly prepared food.
Southampton
“Excellent value for money.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Went in for lunch and had the tastiest lasagne I've had in a very long time. Even the accompanying salad was lovely-with olives-nice touch. Husband had bacon&mushroom pasta and loved it even though he doesn't usually eat pasta! Would definitely go back, can highly recommend it, super value, nice atmosphere, good service. Can't fault it :)

• Visited July 2014
Nicole H, Owner at Fausto's, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Sarah, thank you so much. We also believe our lunch time menu is excellent value for money, there isn't many places where you can get a lunch with such fresh ingredients for the prices we charge. So thanks again and we are so happy that you enjoyed it so much. Best wishes Nicole and Fausto

Derby, United Kingdom
“Fantastic value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We booked here at late notice on Friday while staying in Minehead. Despite it being a busy Friday night the staff were able to find us a table in the back part of the restaurant. All night all the staff were excellent and could not do enough for my wife and I. The food was also excellent and fantastic value for money. We both had mains of pasta and could not believe they only cost approximately £7 each.
Would definitely recommend.

Nicole H, Owner at Fausto's, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear TK2012, thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are so please you did not mind the back of the restaurant. It is not to everybody's taste but the food tastes the same and the service is the same and actually with the natural light coming through it is quite nice. Well thanks again and all the best Nicole and Fausto
Frankfurt, Germany
“Friendly service--Rather average Italian fare”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We chose this place to dine against my better judgement; I've only rarely found Italian restaurants that were worth writing home about and most of them were in Italy. But the reviews here seemed so glowing that I went along with my wife's suggestion we give it a try. I think we both found it a bit hit-and-miss, though I think she enjoyed her dishes a bit more than I did. The servers were accommodating, but the quality of fare and ingredients was a bit sub-par. That said, I suspect that the average patrons who might normally get some greasy fish-n-chips or chain pizza probably wouldn't appreciate (enough) the quality of ingredients I might select and might balk at the price, which would likely be a bit higher. That said, I was surprised that £5 tomato/mozzarella salad, which actually listed basil as an ingredient, consisted of one medium semi-ripe tomato, a small ball of mozzarella, and a single basil leaf. The presentation was better than the flavor, but the quantity and quality of that starter left more than a bit to be desired. Somehow I was hoping for what I'd have made; some cubed vine-ripened tomatoes with chunks of mozzarella, tossed with a light genovese pesto dressing and garnished with that leaf of basil. The stack of alternating round slices of cheese and tomato was attractive, but really not very rewarding to the palate. I guess I fared a bit better with my chicken main course, but still felt the overall gastronomic experience did not live up to the expectations I'd had, based on other reviews we read before coming.

I told my wife I'd just go ahead and review only the places I really liked on this trip and not bother reviewing this place, but she said that would be a disservice to other diners and I should give my honest review here, even if it is a bit below the average of most recent reviews: If you like really good Italian food, you might be disappointed here. This isn't the worst Italian food I've had, but certainly nowhere near the best.

1 Thank LowellMontgomery
Nicole H, Owner at Fausto's, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Sir, I am so sorry our restaurant and it's fare did not live up to your expectations. We like to please all our customers and unlike your idea of who these people might be, they are not some peasant that walked in starving from the street and are grateful for any old rubbish, they are regular customers who are enjoying our ingredients. Maybe if you had chosen something more tasty like the King Prawns in chili, ginger an garlic, or the homemade game terrine, maybe the scallops with black pudding and crispy bacon, in fact anything but a bland boring tomato mozzarella salad (lets face it people eat it because it is rather bland and they do not like spicy food) you might have enjoyed it. And as to your dressing, don't make me laugh, the standard dressing for this dish is extra virgin olive oil, possibly a bit of balsamic vinegar. You also had the option to complain when our waitress askes if everything is alright with your food. We would have been happy to exchange it, add extra basil or whatever sir desired. I suggest that you ever visit our area again, you visit the village of Dunster, there you will be finding slightly higher prices for non Italian restaurants, for also bland dishes but in posh surrounding that will give you the illusion that the people who eat there are of better pedigree with better tastes like yourselves.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“what an amazing find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

We booked this restaurant for my husband's birthday and were not disappointed the service and food were amazing ; such good value for money a nice table by the window complete with balloon birthday card and a drink on the house we felt so special we will definitely return on our next visit to MInehead and would highly recommend this venue !

Nicole H, Owner at Fausto's, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Hi Steve, we are so happy that you had a lovely time and enjoyed the food with us. We are only sad that our service and atmosphere did not reach the same value as the food and the price and if you do come back, please let us know why so we can improve on it. Anyway we are grateful you left a review and look forward to seeing you again in the future. Thanks again and all the best Nicole and Fausto
Wales
“Popular for a good reason”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Having passed it by chance after walking down from Higher Town, we were lucky to get a table in the area by the kitchen. Being packed on a Tuesday night is a good indicator of quality food. We were advised we might have to wait a little for the food, but we were happy to do so. My chicken in a honey/mustard sauce was very well presented with a tasty selection of vegetables and my OH really enjoyed his pizza. He was also very happy with the bill at the end!

Nicole H, Owner at Fausto's, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear KnowAll, thank you for taking the time to write this review and to come and eat in our restaurant. We are happy you enjoyed the food and service and wish what we had to do to get a 5 star. Whatever it was if you are back again let us know and we will do everything we can to improve it. Thanks again and all the best Nicole and Fausto