“Great Stop over”

Hilton Garden Inn Luton North
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Luton
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 July 2012

We stayed four nights for the Grand Prix. Comfotable, spacious and clean room. Good bed. We had meals here which varied from not vey good to good. Staff had a problem this weekend as it was the busiest due to Grand Prix. Staff were good. Would use again

Room Tip: A good stop over
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Stacey B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Luton North, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Dear Frogpool

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review with your valuable feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you had a ‘great stop over’ here at the Hilton Garden Inn and I am delighted that you found our rooms to be comfortable, spacious and clean. I am also pleased to read you enjoyed our Garden Sleep System Bed, unique to the HGI brand.

Thank you for your comments regarding the grand prix weekend, it certainly was a very busy period for us and I apologise if certain aspects of the weekend did not live up to your expectations however I am very pleased that during this very busy time our team met your expectations and that you thought they were of good quality, I will be sure to pass on your comments.

I am delighted to read you will certainly visit us again so thank you again for taking the time to post your valuable feedback and we will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Luton.

Stacey Boast

Write a ReviewReviews (1,271)

Reviewed 12 July 2012

We stayed here for one night before an early morning flight. The check in was easy and the staff were pleasant. The room was very spacious and had a fantastic bed and pillows. The bathroom was very clean and had lovely toiletries. We would definitely stay here again and at such a good price.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Dear vonTrapps4

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a positive review following your recent stay with us.

I am so glad to read that you were pleased with your bedroom and bathroom on your stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn and that you found them to be spacious and clean, I’m also very pleased you found our Garden Sleep System Bed to be ‘fantastic’. Thank you for your kind words regarding our Check-in team I will be sure to pass on your kind words.

I hope you enjoyed your time out of the country and I thank you again for providing such great feedback.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn on your next trip to Luton.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

A hilton Garden inn, it has decent rooms, and is relatively new. You could walk to Stopsley proper, but it is a walk of maybe a mile. Staff is just ok, rooms are just ok. Nothing to say positive or negative of the place really. Oh, it was a quiet room, that was nice.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Dear Jim L

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us.

I am really pleased to read that you found our rooms to be of a good standard and that you found them to be most importantly, quiet and peaceful. The Hilton Garden Inn is located in easy reach of the motorway, 3 miles from the airport and 5-10 minutes from the town centre. Whether you are visiting for business or leisure we are only 11 miles to Whipsnade Wild Animal Park and 23 miles to Woburn Safari Park or 30 minutes train into London’s West end.

We are always looking for ways to improve our guests experience so do feel free to contact us with any further feedback that might give us the opportunity to make your next stay an extra special one.

I hope you enjoyed your time here and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn on your next trip to Luton.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Shambolic is the first word that aprings to mind when thinking about how to describe this hotel. When I arrived it took ages to check in as there was just one person on the desk. When I got to my room, I found water leaking from the air conditoning unit onto the carpet. I then had to wait half an hour for my room to be changed. My experience at dinner was little better. Don't order a drink at the table, it takes them 20 minutes to bring it. Then they brought me the wrong food. I sent it back and after another interminable wait watching the staff stroll around as if they were on holiday and lacking any sense of urgency whatsoever I got the dinner I had asked for. It wasn't that great. When I popped to the loo, there was no loo roll in the one I went into. When I checked out, I had been charged for the wrong meal that turned up as well as the rightone but the really unforgivable thing was that the WIFI didn't work. I had chosen the hotel because it was a business hotel and I had work to do. When I complained at checkout, the girl smiled resignedly. 'We have problems always with the WIFI', she said. 'WE NOW EXPECT COMPLAINTS AS STANDARD'. What????!!!! This was appalling. That a chain like the Hilton just shrugs its' shoulders and expects complaints for permanently dodgy WIFI is totally unacceptable. They should rectify it immediately, make it clear to business customers that the WIFI doesn't work or not market itself as a business hotel. DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU WANT WIFI. Or terribly good service.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Dear Tinks20

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay with us last weekend. I am extremely saddened to read that we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion.

Please accept our sincerest of apologies for the service you have received in the Restaurant, my team and I pride ourselves in the level of service and hospitality we deliver here at the Hilton Garden Inn Luton and I am sorry that you didn’t feel this during your brief stay with us.

I am sorry to hear of your issues with the Wi-Fi. Due to the increase in data download from our customers, our current service is failing to meet demand. This is an issue we are aware of however I am sorry that your concerns were not addressed in a more professional manner. We are scheduled to receive a significant upgrade in our internet service from our supplier in the near future which we believe will completely solve this issue as we understand the need for fast, reliable internet access is essential.

I appreciate your comments and take all guest feedback extremely seriously and will ensure your concerns are addressed.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

I can see how this hotel has got so many good reviews as a large majority of people staying here are about to go on Holiday and only stay for 1 night and are generally all in the holiday mood, so an average hotel seems ok as they are excited about going on holiday.

We have just returned from a Silverstone weekend Fri to Sun room (121). We booked in quickly and efficiently and went straight to our room 2 adults & 1 child. The room was very cramped but luckily we were not planning on spending much time there so was not an issue to us, but please ask for a larger room if you are planning on spending time in your room.

The hotel is clean and tidy and the reception staff were helpful and efficient when we booked in. The temprature in the corridors seem to be continually set on high even in the summer so are extremely stuffy, but the aircon in the rooms is generally good if on high.

We went to the lounge area/bar to relax, this area has a very limited amount of comfy chairs, and instead seem to have lots of uncomfortable wooden table and chairs. The bar staff were friendly but a lot of tables can at times remain uncleared, when busy. The restaurant has a policy of not being able to reserve a table which is ok if run right unfortunately over the 3 days the restaurant seemed to turn into a scene from Faulty Towers.

The first nights dining was ok apart from waiting over half an hour for the food to arrive in between courses, so it did drag on, but we thought just a blip no need to complain. On the Saturday 3 coachs were all booked for Silverstone so the hotel had a pretty good idea how many people would be coming back to eat at the hotel especailly as there is nowhere nearby to eat.

We arrived back and went to our room to change for dinner and came back down to eat. We were seated by the restaurant manager who then just left us as he and the other staff were just running round the restaurant with no one seemingly in authority to maitre de and organised the staff. We eventually rugby tackled the manager to order some bread and to take our order. After another half an hour we asked politely where our starters are to be told in an abrupt manner we are busy! A waiter then turned up with my wifes starter and main course and nothing for me or our son. We sent them back and told him again what we had ordered, happily the starters then arrived with our sons main which was great as by now we were starving. Then after waiting another considerable amount of time and complaining to the manager who did not apoligise for the wait or errors but just said he nade a mistake it happens, our main course turned up but again mine was wrong chicken turned up instead the sausage and mash, it was now getting silly. Eventually the right food came which was really nice I can not fault the food at all.

We finished and left, hoping the restaurant madness could be put behind us. On the sunday similiar story but very frustrating to watch it unfold. The restaurant was again very busy as no one can book a table so it became a who can run quickest from the bar to get a table and the hotel was full by all accounts. What is so frustrating is that there were a lot of tables half empty with only 1/2 or 3 people sitting at large tables, if the manager had just split some of these tables into smaller tables for 2 instead of 4 etc then he could of seated many more people as there were a lot of couples waiting for tables, also when people left a table it took forever for the staff to relay the table. We saw many people complaining and again our food took forever but by this point we thought whats the point. The saving grace was the fact that again the food was very tastefull.

If I could advise the restaurant manager, he needs to stop being a waiter and to start managing his staff who although were busy they were not controlled all doing there own thing and being counter productive, and he seems to have an air of arrogance about him, several people commented on the level of service and mayhem when busy.

My other issue was the beds, when you check in they push with promotional material how comfy the beds are with built in devices for setting the bed. Our bed was a mattress ontop of what looked like boxs, while my son was on a sofa bed which was heaven compared to our bed which apart from affecting my sleep has given me a bad back.

We commented on all these issues when I was checking out and was passed a questionaire by another receptionist which felt very much like a go away, as they did not seem bothered at all, which is strange as Hilton have posters everywhere telling you how you must be satisfied as part of there so called guarantee.

Room Tip: If more than 2 make sure you ask for the largest roomsmas can be cramped.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Dear Bassostaffs

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay with us last weekend. I am sorry to read that we failed to meet your expectations at the Hilton Garden Inn on this occasion and that we were not able to resolve this during your stay.

The Hilton Garden Inn is a focused service brand which prides itself on offering facilities and services that meet the need of the busy traveller so I am saddened that this wasn’t the case for you and your family. Our Self Adjusting Garden Sleep System Beds are unique to the HGI brand, I am sorry that you didn’t find them comfortable.

Thank you for your comments regarding the service you received in the restaurant, I will be sure to speak personally with our Food and Beverage team to ensure they are more efficient and productive in the future. I can only apologise for the service you experienced and would like to assure you that this was certainly not exemplary of our usual standard. It is great to read that you did enjoy the quality of the freshly prepared food that was produced by our kitchen team, something that the chef’s are particularly proud of.

Your feedback is important to me and will be used to ensure that improvements are made. I hope that if visiting the area again you may decide to stay with us again so that we may have the opportunity to restore your faith in our service. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at Stacey.boast@hilton.com

Reviewed 8 July 2012

We arrived very late in advance of our flight the following morning, meaning that we only had about five hours to sleep here, but we were impressed with our short stay.

The room was very comfortable, nice relaxing lighting and decor, comfy beds, and a great bathroom.

I didn't expect to sleep much at all, but found that I had a superb nights sleep due to how comfortable the beds were.

I'm pretty sure that I will be returning for future flights!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Dear Sythe20

I am really delighted to read that you had such a comfortable night’s sleep in our Garden Sleep System Bed and thank you so much for taking the time to upload a photo of your room with the Sofa Bed all set up and ready to go for you. I am so pleased you found our bedrooms to be nice with relaxing lighting and a great bathroom. I am thrilled you have enjoyed your stay here and that you will be back to visit us.

Reviewed 6 July 2012 via mobile

We stayed here before a early morning flight- this was our second stay.
We find the park and fly package excellent value- and so easy to use. The hotel is really nice and not at all what you would call a typical airport hotel. I would happily stay here for longer! We had a nice glass of wine in the bar. Service very helpful and friendly. Rooms really lovely and clean- bathrooms spotless and look brand new. Will definitely stay here again. Felt totally safe leaving out car here for the week too rather than one of those compound parking deals you can get.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank cd1Kent
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Dear cd1Kent

I am really delighted to read that you found our park & fly package excellent value and easy to use and I am glad so pleased you found our bedrooms to be ‘lovely’ and ‘clean’. I am thrilled you have enjoyed your stay here and that you will be back to visit us.