“Friendly staff, great location and generous room size”

Hilton Garden Inn Luton North
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Luton
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 September 2012

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights as we were attending a wedding 10 minutes up the road in Hitchin. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful and we had a lovely room, good size, excellent bathroom with double shower and free wifi. The breakfast was of a very high quality and the bar and lounge areas was clean with friendly staff and a good range of food and drink. The hotel was very reasonably priced so I was surprised by the size of the room, and despite being on a busy main road the room was lovely and quiet.

Probably the only odd thing is the Hilton Garden Inn's have adjustable beds (soft to firm) however the dial to operate this is hidden by the fixed bedside table so if you wish to make use of it you need to lift the mattress. It's a very small point and I it was actually a bit of fun just to see how this worked :)

I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone staying in the Luton area.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Stacey B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Luton North, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2012

Dear Kildare001

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your wonderful review on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay here and you found our team to be helpful and friendly and it’s great to read you took full advantage of our complimentary Wi-Fi and had a comfortable rest in our bedrooms.

I am delighted you were able to test our Garden Sleep System bed, unique to our brand and I am so pleased you found it comfortable after you adjusted the ‘hardness’ to your liking. It’s also great to hear you enjoyed our breakfast buffet.

I am really delighted to read that you would recommend us Kildare001 so thank you for taking the time to provide us with this great feedback, I do hope you had a great time at the Wedding and we will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Warm regards

Stacey Boast

Write a ReviewReviews (1,272)

Reviewed 13 September 2012

Booked a park and fly deal and didn't have very high expectations due to the very reasonable price. However the room was lovely - sofa, great bed, free WiFi and spotlessly clean. Taxi was on schedule and on our return was at the airport to take us back to the hotel within minutes. We'll definitely use the hotel before future trips from Luton - highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Stacey B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Luton North, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

Dear Ben D

I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay here and that we exceeded your expectations and it’s great to read you took full advantage of our complimentary Wi-Fi and had a comfortable rest in our family rooms equipped with Sofa beds.

I am really delighted to read that you found our park & fly package reasonable value and easy to use and I am glad so pleased you found our bedrooms to be ‘lovely’ and ‘clean’. I am thrilled you would highly recommend us and that you will be back to visit us on future trips from Luton.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to provide us with this great feedback and we will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Warm regards

Reviewed 6 September 2012

Check in very good.
Room nice and clean and furniture in good condition.
no mould or the like in the bathroom, cheapish toiletries but apart from the soap would never use them anyway.
internet connection wasn't great but OK.
ate dinner and this was very good and liked the service (with a smile for a change).
breakfast was good as well.
apparently there are only a few Garden Inn's but with this price (£75) I would be tempted if I were Hilton to do some more and judging by the fullness of the car park they should take note.
Parking was a bit of a "mare"
would I stay here again ? Yes without a doubt better value and quality than Travel Inn which I believe they are aiming this niche of hotels at.
Downside-there is nowhere within 2 miles to eat so captive audience and if you have forgotten toothpaste et cetera be prepared to be ripped off by their 24 hour "pantry" prices !

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Stacey B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Luton North, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Dear HarrogateGb

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review following your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that you have enjoyed the brand of Hilton Garden Inn and the many facilities we have to offer, such as the Pavilion Pantry you mentioned which is available 24hrs a day with an extensive range of snacks, ready meals and beverages; however I am sorry to read you found the toothpaste to be overpriced.

Thank you for your comments regarding our clean bathroom facilities and Neutrogena toiletries we have to offer. I am very pleased the room was to your liking.

We are only a drive away from most places, however we are positioned in a quiet location so we do not have any restaurants on our door step but I am pleased you enjoyed your dinner with a smile in our Restaurant.

It’s also great to see that you enjoy the famous Hilton Garden Inn breakfast and I would urge you to try the fantastic waffles on your next visit to the Hotel.

I am sorry to read of your trouble with finding a suitable parking space on arrival. During peak times there can be an influx of guests staying with us, as well as the guests we have using our conference rooms. I will ensure that the front desk team receive this feedback so that we can manage the spaces better in the future. I am sorry for any inconvenience you were caused however I am pleased that this has not deterred you from using our hotel again.

I am delighted to read you had such a great stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn and also extremely pleased that you would without a doubt return and stay with us again.

Once again, thank you so much for taking the time to post such a valuable review of our hotel and I will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Luton.

Reviewed 3 September 2012

Situated about 5-10 mins drive, this hotel is a much better choice than the ones nearer the airport. Rooms are large and well appointed and when booking in advance the same price as the low cost ones by the terminal, but with much much better facilities: customisable bed firmness, onsite gym, restaurant, 24hr pantry, digital tv, etc on top of good Hilton service. What a great hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo

Dear PeddersUK

Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review of our hotel.

It’s great to read you had such a good stay here and that you appreciated all of the facilities we have to offer such as our 24 hour pavilion pantry offering Micro-Meals, light snacks and a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.

I am delighted you were able to test our Garden Sleep System bed, unique to our brand and I am so pleased you found it comfortable after you adjusted the ‘hardness’ to your liking. It’s also great to hear you enjoyed our service and found us to be in a good location just 3 miles from the airport.

Once again, thank you so much for taking the time to send us your wonderful review. I will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Luton.

Reviewed 28 August 2012

We had an overnight stay for an early flight. Satnav took us to a cemetary but it was not hard to find once there. Could have done with more than one keycard. Excellent room with fridge. Faultless stay. Would highly recommend. Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank West66
Stacey B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Luton North, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2012

Dear West66

Thank you for taking the time to send us a great review of your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read you have a great stay here and that you would highly recommend us, we are very grateful for your kind comments.

Sorry to hear about the trouble with our postcode, we have noticed that some Satellite Navigation systems do not recognise our correct postcode of LU2 8DD; this is something we are aware of so we do have a note on our website confirming to use another postcode for most GPS systems. The note on our website asks our guests to try LU2 8DL.

If you ever find a reason to come back to Luton and visit us again please do not hesitate to ask us to provide you with another room key, this is not a problem and we would be more than happy to accommodate you.

Thanks again for providing such a pleasant review of your stay here, I will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you happen to be in the area.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

We had a great stay here for only £63 (ourselves and our son)- exceptionally clean and great hotel breakfast. Unlike lots of rooms for 3 - real sofa bed not 6 inches off floor type!
Only 1 probelm - when using sat nav post code took us to cemetry - very nice man gave us alternative post code when we phoned hotel. This perhaps should be looked at by hotel.
Otherwise amazing value.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Stacey B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Luton North, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Dear AberdeenshireHay

Thank you for taking the time to send us a lovely review of your recent stay with us.

I am so pleased you had such a great stay here and that you found our hotel to be excellent and exceptionally clean. I’m also really pleased that you had the opportunity to try our famous Hilton Garden Inn breakfast.

I’m delighted to read that you appreciated our sofa bed that we provide in our family rooms, we do like to pride ourselves on being a very user friendly brand and providing everything just where you need it.

Thank you for your comments regarding our postcode. We have noticed that some Satellite Navigation systems do not recognise our correct postcode of LU2 8DD; this is something we are aware of so we do have a note on our website (http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.co.uk/lutonnorth) confirming to use another postcode for most GPS systems. The note on our website asks our guests to try LU2 8DL. However, I am very pleased a member of our team was able to provide you with this postcode.

Thanks again for providing Tripadvisor with such a lovely review of our hotel, I will look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our hotel on your next visit to Luton.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

We were going to a wedding close by to the hotel and wanted somewhere reasonable and clean. after ringing in advance we were able to book in early and press up the wedding outfits in the guest laundry room. Thje room was just the right size very clean the only downside was it was on the side closest to the road and as a light sleeper thought it might be a problem and if I hadn't have been in a hurry I would have asked to change but after having a couple of drinks at the reception I didn't hear the traffic. Good breakfast and more to the point by paying in advance got a good price on the room.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Lynda99

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed your time here at the hotel and found it to be a great place to lay your head. It’s great to see you took advantage of one of the many facilities we have to offer here such as our guest laundry room.

I am glad you found the rooms to be just the right size and very clean, however I am sorry to read you thought the noise from the traffic may have caused you problems but it is great news this didn’t bother you after visiting our bar and lobby area.

It’s great to read that you enjoy the famous Hilton Garden Inn breakfast and I would urge you to try the fantastic waffles on your next visit to the Hotel. And I am delighted you felt we were great value for your money.

Thanks again for your valuable feedback Lynda, I hope you had a nice time at the wedding and I will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Luton.

Kind regards