“Disapointed”

Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Luton
Whitehead, United Kingdom
“Disapointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed here from friday until sunday - 2 nights. We didnt expect much of a hotel and we seen it as just a place to sleep. Which was fine. Upon arrival the outside looks nice and the staff were very nice, there is a rock bar around the corner (not my taste) resturants near by as well as a shopping mall and entertainment plaza. Not much to do in the area. Anyway the hotel.. We got into our room and it was very clean but it was more of a prison cell than a hotel room. The bed was clean and so was the bathroom. The room was tiny! Half the size of my bathroom. You could barley stretch you arms out wide in side the bathroom it was that tiny. The room reminded me of a place you would take a prostitue. The TV had basic channels, wifi cost (not much) and the room didnt even have a window!!!! We asked to get the room temp turned down but it actually got hoter. The fans in the room were too loud and it was hard to get to sleep. The room also smelt like smoke and the sink in the bathroom wouldnt drain On sunday our flights were at 10pm but we got kicked out at 10am. Walked around all day trying to find something to do as it cost £20 to store our bags and we didnt have any money left. For £40 per room i 100% will not be back. Very disapointed

Room Tip: There isn't one
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at Easy Hotel Luton.

I am pleased to know that you did find the customer service & cleanliness of the room to your expectation.

However I am disappointed to know that you did encounter some issues during your stay.

Firstly, in terms of size of the room we do have standard rooms available as well and rooms with windows are available as well to book. You may find cheaper deals provided you book in advance.

I look forward to welcome you back at the hotel.

Regards,

Mujtaba

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Polish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

I needed a hotel at the last minute in Luton for work and this was the first place to pop up at a reasonable price. I paid £80 for 2 nights in a room without a window. I found the cheapest way to book it was via www.easyhoteloffers.com (around £5 cheaper than elsewhere). The hotels location is very good! It is pretty much in the centre of Luton and relatively easy to get to. However, I don't think the hotel has parking available which means parking in the train station car park. This is rather inconvenient as you have to pay every 5 hours. Arriving at the hotel check in was quick and I was shown how to get to my room. The hotel has a lift which is handy when you have heavy bags. When I got to my room the door card would not work, so had to head back down to reception. This happened multiple times during my stay & I found it was caused by putting the card too close to my phone- So watch out!! When I did finally get to my room, it was tiny and very claustrophobic. The lighting did nothing to improve the fact there was no window. There was one light making it very dark and uncomfortable. The walls were decorated in an orange and white cloud design which made the room seem even smaller- White would be much more appealing. The bathroom was a very cheap & tacky orange plastic wet room which again was uncomfortable and small- but I guess it did the job. There are multiple problems with the room, however I would like to point out that it was very clean and well kept. Firstly, you have no control over the rooms temperature. This meant my room was extremely hot at night and cold in the morning meaning it was very uncomfortable. There is a notice in the room saying to ask reception if you want the temperature changed, however I didn't really fancy this when I was already in bed. I did go down the next day and they changed it straight away, but a phone in the room to call reception would have been much more convenient. Another problem for me was the water pressure, well rather the lack of it! The water basically trickled out meaning the shower wasn't the most comfortable of things! However, I couldn't complain about the temperature. As well as this, if you need internet during your stay, this probably isn't the hotel for you. Phone signal in the hotel is terrible so getting 3G is near impossible. The hotel does have wifi (30 minutes of which is free), however I wouldn't bother wasting your money- it's so slow that you can't get anything done. The TV is also disappointing without most channels you would expect. Finally, the rooms don't seem anywhere near as modern as other easyHotels. The bathrooms especially seem used and dated and could do with being modernised. So there's my list of problems. In my opinion the hotel needs to make multiple improvements. Phones in the rooms would mean you can control the temperature, increased water pressure would make showering much more pleasurable and a revamp of the rooms would update and modernise them. I have stayed in the easyHotel in Amsterdam which was much more modern and comfortable and a revamp to be like the Amsterdam hotel would dramatically improve the one in Luton. The location of the hotel is extremely good, however I would rather stay at the comfort hotel which is a similar price. If you are going to stay at the easyHotel, book in advance and have a room with a window! Oh, and don't expect tea or coffee..

Room Tip: Get one with a window! However, I'm not sure how loud they might be..
1 Thank Matt H

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at Easy Hotel Luton.

I am glad to know that you did find the room clean, as we aim to provide guest not only budget but we ensure that high level of cleanliness is maintained.

The wifi as you mentioned is free for initial 30 minutes, but the paid wifi has much faster speed. In regards to tea and coffee, we do have a vending machine near our reception area where guests can have a complimentary tea and get coffee as well.

We always welcome suggestions from our guests to improve the comfort during their stay.

Mujtaba

Travellers are raving about these Luton hotels

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

After seeing the previous reviews, I wonder why people have paid £23 and £30.00 when we paid £48.00. We arrived at the reception desk to find friendly staff who were very helpful. The room was basic but I felt that at £48.00, for a room, in Luton this was OK. There were no coffee or tea making facilities in the room but a coffee machine was provided near reception. The coffee machine was not free. Beware of the shower floor which is lethal. I had to put a towel on the shower floor as it was very slippy. The reception was a 24 hour service. Unfortunately, the main road is very busy until late. Behind the hotel is a large car park which is free on an evening and also plenty of car parking spaces. I would stay again if flying from Luton airport.

Room Tip: Try and book a room at the back of the hotel as this is much quieter. The front of the hotel faces...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at Easy Hotel Luton.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

We do have rooms available at the back side away from the side which are much quieter. We do have cheap rooms available provided you book in advance.

I look forward to welcome you back the hotel.

North Shields, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

We stayed there for 1 night in April 2014. It was booked many months in advance through booking.com for £25. Be aware that the standard price for a double is around £35 and we met a women who had booked at short notice through booking.com for £37.

It is located about a 3 minute walk from the main railway station. The basic room had a window (apparently not all do) and the room was about large enough for a night, having a smallish modern TV. The orange colour for Easyjet was prominent and the décor was plastic. The shower room and toilet is a sort of prefabricated plastic container. All fine for a single nights stay. The double bed was comfortable enough and you could get a cheap full English breakfast nearby for around £4+.

The staff were good and they booked us a taxi for £7.50 to the airport for early the following morning. It is a 6 or so minute ride away.

Overall we were satisfied with the stay and would recommend the hotel for a nights stop over and would stay there again but not for anything more than the £25 we paid.

Room Tip: Get a room with a window .... don't pay more than £25 ish if you can.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at Easy Hotel Luton.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

As you rightly mentioned about booking for £25.00, we do have offers running on advance purchase option. I will suggest if you visit our website www.easyhoteloffers.co.uk you can book cheap rooms using advance purchase option and are also entitled to have a free 24 hours wif-fi worth £5.00

We look forward to welcome you back at the hotel.

Mujtaba Rehman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

I use this hotel regularly. It is good accommodation for the price being located centrally in Luton and very close to all shops, pubs, clubs and the Airport. Rooms are clean and warm in winter and cool in summer. All the Team are friendly and polite and nothing is too much bother for them. I would recommend this hotel for the weary traveller who want to be looked after and get a good night’s sleep.

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at Easy Hotel Luton.

We are pleased to know that you enjoy your stay at EasyHotel Luton.

We look forward to welcome you back at the Hotel.

St Albans, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Booked the room as the pictures on the website looked ok.

Ridiculously small.
Bedding old and dirty.
Paid extra for window - could not use as the bed went up to the window so the blind had to be pulled down
TV didn't work. Tried 3 different remotes and still nothing.
Smelt of smoke and could see smoke in the hallway coming from the rooms
Dismissive Manager
It is not a budget hotel at £33 - it's a dirty hostel
Didn't stay.
Walked across the road and stayed at the comfort inn for £50 - much better. That is a hotel, the easy place is a dirty hostel.
I've stayed in hostels but I'd expect to pay half the price and at least I would know what I'm getting.

DO NOT STAY HERE. It's not worth it.

I've also complained 3 times about the stay and not had a response. Rude.

Room Tip: Stay at the comfort inn across the road!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Kochi (Cochin), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

It is a good hotel in Luton town and a good customer service. Especially if you ask a help to the managers they will try their best. One day I needed to rebook the room and I asked to the manager Smrithi, but the rooms were fully booked. She was very helpful and she tried her best to arrange the same room . It is a budget hotel but their price is little bit expensive. I paid around 40 pounds per night and only 30 min free wifi. But overall it is a good hotel in town and I will suggest the room with window for you.

Room Tip: 2nd floor u will get a good view of town

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at Easy Hotel Luton.

We are pleased to know that you found our staff helpful. Your kind words of appreciation have been conveyed to the staff member.

We look forward to welcome you back at the hotel.