“Rundown S...hole”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Luton
Junction 10 Budget Travel Accommodation
Ranked #7 of 11 Speciality Lodging in Luton
“Rundown S...hole”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Arrived to stay here and can only describe it as a run down s...hole! The room was very basic, one towel for two. Bed very uncomfortable, everything very shabby. Bathroom was like something out of the 70's never been upgraded. We had to laugh it was so bad!

Room Tip: Book somewhere else even the taxi driver said its a dump!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank PaulineDavidson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2013

While visiting family at christmas we thought we would stay at the Travel Lodge on Dunstable Road as it was close by. We booked for three nights but one was enough.
If you are used to sleeping in a hammock then this is the place for you. That is how much the bed sagged. We would have had a better nights sleep on the floor.
However, the room was clean, had tea/coffee making facilities, fresh towels and a television.
We left and went to a nice B&B in Dunstable for 2 nights.
If you only need somewhere to sleep then this is not the place for a restful, comfortable night.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elizabeth I

Travellers are raving about these Luton hotels

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Luton travel lodge .reception helpful.location close to motorway and makes travel to airport or London easy. But room was very grubby , stains on carpet, mattress collapsed, window broken, filthy bathroom fan. cheap and so it should be. Feels like it needs a major over haul

Room Tip: Not 321 Can't comment on others back quiter than front.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Carboot2011
Reviewed 21 June 2011

My daughter was put in here, what a dive, stayed 1 night then left, miserable unhelpfull staff, took0 mins to find anyone to get room key. the place is a jok, currently used by DHSS to house families on a temp basis, supposed to be refurbished. god knows what is was like before then. the double bed had an old table to with legs sawn off as a headboars , the base was 2 single wardrobes on their sides ( doors removed ) with a matress dumped on the top, sleep in the middle and youv'e had it ! smelly stained bedding, room smells damp, curtains literally hanging from window, dated back from e 1960's, set of draws (4) yet only one draw in the unit 1 wadrobe only had door one side, no rail and no hangers.
toilet n bathroom shared with everyone , very small no pricay and dirty, no freh running water to be found anywhere, breakfast was a choice of Cornflakes, cornflakes or cornflakes, tv in lounge did not work, just their for show it seems.
This place needs shuting down, have informed health and safety and enviromental health dept about it, book at your own peril, I think even the Rats have moved out of this place !

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank DENNIS9616
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 September 2010

I feared for my life staying by myself for one night in this seedy, unclean place. I had a dorm room which had a foul smell and luckily I only spent 3 hours of sleeping there. The staff weren't helpful and tried to rip me off an the bathroom was disgusting. If you need to catch an early flight, I highly recommend paying a bit extra an staying somewhere else!

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank Jaxx_2010
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2010

We booked this as we were flying to Istanbul on a 6.30am flight from Luton Airport. For 19 pounds this was including an early booking discount. The room was big and it faced the very busy main road. It does stat that you can hear road noise. The room showed signs of wear in the bathroom area. The bed was clean and comfy and we did have a good night’s sleep. There was no tea and coffee making facilities. The staff were very nice and meals could be purchased from a small Bar cafeteria area. It takes only 12-14 minutes to get to Luton airport. (Maybe a little longer at peak times 7-30- 9.45am and 5-7.30pm). For 19 pounds per night you will not get 5 star service. This Travel Lodge is well used as it is close to the Airport and the underground railway station to London. You can stay here cheaper than paying parking in London.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Bridgetown, Barbados
Reviewed 25 March 2010

Let me say first, if you're staying here with someone else then go right ahead. If you'll be staying by yourself, think again. I took the train here from London and overnighted to catch an early EasyJet flight to Paris and although nothing happened to me during my one night stay, the entire time I felt like I was on the set of some made for TV serial killer thriller. Once I checked in and went to my room I stayed there 'till it was time to leave the next morning! The door to my room didn't lock so I lodged a chair behind it, a safety precaution that didn't exactly help me to sleep soundly. I got the impression the lady who checked me in was going to be leaving soon and apart from her the place was deserted. I was too creeped out to go back out for dinner or even come downstairs to order in. Single travellers skip this one!

• Stayed August 2008, travelled solo