“I feared for my life staying by myself...”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Junction 10 Budget Travel Accommodation
Ranked #9 of 11 Speciality Lodging in Luton
Reviewed 15 September 2010

I feared for my life staying by myself for one night in this seedy, unclean place. I had a dorm room which had a foul smell and luckily I only spent 3 hours of sleeping there. The staff weren't helpful and tried to rip me off an the bathroom was disgusting. If you need to catch an early flight, I highly recommend paying a bit extra an staying somewhere else!

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank Jaxx_2010

Reviewed 11 April 2010

We booked this as we were flying to Istanbul on a 6.30am flight from Luton Airport. For 19 pounds this was including an early booking discount. The room was big and it faced the very busy main road. It does stat that you can hear road noise. The room showed signs of wear in the bathroom area. The bed was clean and comfy and we did have a good night’s sleep. There was no tea and coffee making facilities. The staff were very nice and meals could be purchased from a small Bar cafeteria area. It takes only 12-14 minutes to get to Luton airport. (Maybe a little longer at peak times 7-30- 9.45am and 5-7.30pm). For 19 pounds per night you will not get 5 star service. This Travel Lodge is well used as it is close to the Airport and the underground railway station to London. You can stay here cheaper than paying parking in London.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2010

Let me say first, if you're staying here with someone else then go right ahead. If you'll be staying by yourself, think again. I took the train here from London and overnighted to catch an early EasyJet flight to Paris and although nothing happened to me during my one night stay, the entire time I felt like I was on the set of some made for TV serial killer thriller. Once I checked in and went to my room I stayed there 'till it was time to leave the next morning! The door to my room didn't lock so I lodged a chair behind it, a safety precaution that didn't exactly help me to sleep soundly. I got the impression the lady who checked me in was going to be leaving soon and apart from her the place was deserted. I was too creeped out to go back out for dinner or even come downstairs to order in. Single travellers skip this one!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled solo