“Short and Sweet”

Ibis London Luton Airport
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Luton
Reviewed 23 December 2013

My wife and I recently stayed here for one night as like so many others on here we had an early morning flight the following morning.

Not arriving until the evening we didn't exactly get a comprehensive feel for the place.

That said all the facilities were more than adequate for a room that we had booked for £29 a few months ago.

Reception was both friendly and swift while the room was clean and tidy.

We also had a drink in the bar (we were on holiday after all) and despite some fears about the prices they were ok too by hotel standards.

We then made the short, pedestrian friendly walk to the airport.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
IbisManagerLuton, General Manager at Ibis London Luton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Peter11435,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Ibis London Luton Airport. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself during your short time in the hotel. We do appreciate all of the positive comments you wrote.

We hope to be able to welcome you back again next time you are flying from the airport.

Thank you once again.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Stayed here for one night as I was travelling from the airport first thing the next morning.
The reception combines the desk and open plan area for meeting up and relaxing, with the restaurant just off to one side, all together a feel good first impression.
Staff were great, room was modern, clean and I love the pod like bathroom.
Room is designed for travellers, somewhere for your bags, someone to work from, some thought has gone into the design.
Had one meal there in the evening, it was fine, again the staff were great.
Free wifi and there were national newspapers on hand.
Another very useful factor is that the airport is only 10 to 15 minutes walk away, depends on your pace, what you are carrying and how much it is raining.
Of course there are also cabs and regular buses, these will be needed to get to the railway station.
All together much better than many other airport hotels which I have stayed in.

Room Tip: I did ask for a quiet room and was directed to the end of a corridor and was only woken by an early...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
IbisManagerLuton, General Manager at Ibis London Luton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Dear Mick H,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review of your recent stay at Ibis London Luton Airport. I am so happy to hear that you received great service and had a good experience. We really appreciate the encouraging feedback.

We hope to be able to welcome you back again in the future for an even better stay.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 19 December 2013

3 of us met there as my mother was staying overnight so we had drinks & food. Considering this is a budget hotel it has a warm feel, lovely decor, obliging team, good food & drinks.
A real pleasant surprise :)

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear pboswell21,

I am really happy to receive your recent review of your experience at the Ibis London Luton Airport hotel. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, even though it was only for a short time. Your words will really encourage the F&B team to consistently give great service and strive to improve.

Thank you once again and I hope you will come to visit us, next time you are nearby.

Best Regards

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 16 December 2013

I chose this hotel as I had an early flight from Luton airport. The building is modern and clean, the room was fine for an overnight stay, and the bed was comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful and I was pleased when I found I could have breakfast at 4.30am before making the ten minute or so walk to the airport terminal to check in for my flight.

There was no noise from the airport or from passing traffic, so I had a good night's sleep. Excellent value (£39 for the room and £7.99 for the cooked breakfast).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Dear jbarnabasl,

Thank you so much for your recent review of your experience at Ibis london Luton Airport. I am so happy to hear that you had a near perfect experience with us. We really do appriciate all your positive comments and for your recommendation.
I will definitely share your review with the whole team and it will really give them encouragement to continue their hard work.

We hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future for another great experience. Thank you again.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

We stayed here in Dec 2013 and although I have classed it as 'average' I would not intend to stay here again unless I really had to.
It was very handy to Luton airport, within walking distance (10 minute walk) which made it ideal for a business meeting we had to fly in for.
One of the irritants I frequently come across is in Reception area of a lot of UK (and Irish) hotels, for a hotel to be in the hospitality industry why do they insist on having receptionists whose first language is not English, this makes it more difficult for communication than should be necessary. Ibis Luton is not on its own in this matter unfortunately. Check in was relatively quick as we had pre-booked, however having walked to the room the swipe door key would not work, during our two day stay we had to have the key changed three times, not good. The room was very basic but clean and comfortable. The TV (with its 5 channels) would not work properly as it kept 'freezing' and eventually stopped working altogerther, on lifting the room phone to call reception by pressing the '0' I discovered that the '0' button was stuck so another trip to Reception was called for, we had a service guy come to fix both TV and Phone, he was successful with Phone but not TV. By this time I had asked for another room but was told that hotel was completely full and no other room was available.
Restaurant food was good and reasonably priced although their 8oz burger certainly was not 8oz in size, more like 4oz or with a push maybe 6oz but definately not 8oz. When paying for our restaurant meals we brought this to the attention of the waitress taking the payment and her response was 'Very sorry', that was it. Breakfast was good with a decent variety of options.
On check out next morning when asked if all was ok, I brought all this to their attention and they did reduce our bill which helped and the Receptionist asked why we had not asked for a change of room (which we did do) as apparently the hotel was not full at all.
If you are looking for a cheap hotel with a clean bed, close to airport, half decent food, then Ibis Luton will serve the purpose but there is a Holiday Inn Express across the road from it which we might just try the next time.
They say 'First impressions count', maybe Hotel owners and especially Receptionists need to be aware of this fact and trained accordingly.

Room Tip: The minute you arrive in room check that EVERYTHING works and if not, insist on an upgrade or at lea...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Smileandbehappy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Ibis London Luton Airport. Although I am sorry to hear that you did not have a good stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for this. We are aware of the issue with the televisions and I am happy to say all bedrooms will have new televisions installed in January, which will greatly improve the service. I have shared your feedback with the team and made sure that the F&B team are now better prepared to answer guest queries regarding our menu descriptions with confidence regarding pre-cooked weights.

I would like to thank you again for all of your feedback and I want to assure you I have taken each point of yours and investigated how we can improve.

Yours Sincerely