Ibis London Luton Airport
  • Bar/Lounge
US$85
PremierInn.com
2,120 results
All reviewsan early flightluton airportone nightbus stopfree wifian overnight staywake up callterminal buildingten minute walkcomfortable bedtea and coffee making facilitiesshort staygood nights sleepnight's sleepwhat it says on the tindouble roomtaxi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This hotel does as the Cuprinol advert says, it does exactly what it says on the tin, Simple, but effective and good value for money! The staff were friendly, check in and out was very fast and good. Would definitely sty her again if on an early morning flight.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
IbisManagerLuton, General Manager at Ibis London Luton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Gooner501,

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at Ibis London Luton Airport. I am really happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here and that you were happy with the service provided. We really appreciate the positive feedback.

Thank you once again for recommending us and I do hope to be able to welcome you back again in the future.

Best Regards

Reviewed 13 April 2014

It's an airport hotel. OK, I get that, and it was one of the first ones at Luton. But it's now feeling old and tired. Rooms are dated, reception is often unstaffed and the most important thing, access to the airport is poor. Fake parquet flooring in the rooms creaks. Beds aren't comfortable at all. Feels very basic. And it's not that cheap.
There's a free shuttle bus which the staff told us went at 4.50am (early flight) and then every 30 mins (which isn't great at that time of day). So at 4.45am we are in reception only to be told the bus doesn't go from outside the hotel as you'd expect but from outside the Holiday Inn, which is up a hill and across the road. While this isn't far, it's not easy with heavy luggage. So we missed the bus and had to get a normal bus.
There are just better options now at Luton.

Room Tip: Choose the Holiday Inn
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
IbisManagerLuton, General Manager at Ibis London Luton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Zebanuck,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at Ibis London Luton Airport. I was disappointed to hear you did not enjoy your stay. Please accept my apologies for this. We are soon approaching our 25 year anniversary and we are working hard to keep on improving to provide our customers with great value for money. We do not advertise a free shuttle service from the hotel, but our reception team can assist with the variety of options to get there, including a taxi booking service. We are planning to make some improvements to our bedrooms this year, which includes flooring replacement, following the refurbishment of our bar, restaurant and reception last year.

I thank you again for your feedback which is appreciated and I do hope you give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the future.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Got put in room/cell 148, it was for 2 adults yet there was a 3rd child type bed locked down in the sleeping position. Thus there was no table to put anything on, the only chair in the room was a collapsible stool secreted in the open cupboard. The kettle had to be plugged in at floor level, not very safe at all. The room was cramped with just enough room to get between the foot of the beds and the wall, housing the TV. And at the end of a long day the last thing you want is a drowning noise made, I'm guessing by an air conditioning unit servicing one of the larger 'function' rooms below. The air con in our room we set to 10 degrees, but we were still too hot to be comfortable.
I've stopped at an Ibis at Gatwick before and the standard was poor then and it looks to me as if no improvements have been made in the last 3 years.
Probably the last time I use an Ibis hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear bobandmojo,

Thank you for your recent review of your experience at the ibis London Luton Airport. I am very sorry to hear that your experience was not what you expected. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

I will be asking the maintenance engineer to investigate the air cooling unit to see what the problem was. I would encourage you to always speak to reception if you are not totally happy with anything at all and we will do our best to resolve your issue.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

...this is a convenient hotel. Only necessity, I think, would persuade you to stay at this slighly harsh, used-look primary-colour hotel near the airport and its car parks. Prices fluctuate hugely, according to demand, so be careful how you book.

If you're hungry you'll be hard pressed to find something within walking distance, other than another airport hotel, but there's a short and cheapish menu in the utilitarian dining room that will satisfy if not delight.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank abager

Dear abager,

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at the Ibis London Luton Airport. I am glad to see your stay satisfied the purpose, but disappointed we could not provide you with the experience you were looking for. Please accept my apologies for this.

I do hope you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the future.