“Clean, fast, efficient and convenient.”

Ibis London Luton Airport
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Luton
“Clean, fast, efficient and convenient.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had an early morning flight so just needed somewhere close to Luton, with a restaurant. This hotel is five minutes walk from the terminal and very convenient. The room was spotlessly clean, with a shower pod, functional and bed very comfortable. No frills particularly but great value for money.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank golfmadviv
IbisManagerLuton, General Manager at Ibis London Luton Airport, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear golfmadviv,

Thank you very much for your recent review of your experience at Ibis London Luton Airport. We really appreciate the positive feedback. I am really glad to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us and you found us to be great value for money. The whole team will be encouraged by your review to continue improving.

Thank you for recommending us and I do hope to be able to welcome you back for another great stay in the future.

Best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

When we took it down, we found that the spare pillow was badly stained - someone had obviously knocked a cup of coffee all over it. We stayed at Luton Airport because we arrived late and wanted a good night's sleep but were woken up at 09.30 by the cleaning lady knocking on our door - for no apparent reason. Also, we don't understand why the bath mat isn't in the room - the bath was very slippery when we showered but it's a bit of pain to have to ask for the mat.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels

1 Thank du719
Dear du719,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Ibis London Luton Airport. Although I am sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable experience. Please accept my sincere apologies for this. The housekeepers are fully aware that they should not knock on any doors before 12pm if the Do Not Disturb sign is displayed. I will be investigating this with the housekeeping department along with the condition of the spare pillow. Our bath and shower surfaces have non-slippery treatment and we provide 1 bath mat in each rooms as per ibis standards however, we also inform our guests to contact Reception if they require a rubber, non-slippery bath mat; I appreciate that it is not always convenient to do so, therefore appreciate your feedback.

I do hope you give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the future.

Yours Sincerely

Travellers are raving about these Luton hotels

Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

excellent hotel for an airport hotel . Good value , but breakfast really was very poor last time i stayed , so gave it a miss this time. arrived and was very quickly given room key with no fuss - free internet connected well in the room . friendly stafff and excellent value for money

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels

2 Thank Peter A
Dear Peter A,

Thank you so much for your positive review of your experience at Ibis London Luton Airport. I am really glad to hear your stay was great value and offered everything you needed. Your feedback is very much appreciated. I do hope you will choose to visit us again and try our breakfast, as it is improving all the time.

Thank you once again and I do hope to be able to welcome you back again in the future.

Best regards
Edenderry
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Had a two night stay recently, it does exactly what it promises to do. Clean and Comfortable hotel. Had a drink and meal in the Hotel and found the staff to be unfriendly. Food was reasonably good. If the staff were friendlier then this would be a much better review.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank quinlanjohn88
Dear quinlanjohn88,

Thank you for taking the time to review your Ibis London Luton Airport experience. Although you were satisfied with our product and am very disappointed to hear you found the team unfriendly. Our service is usually something that we are very good at, but I am sorry that on this occasion we seemed to have not been up to our usual standard. Please accept my apologies for this.

Thank you again for your review and I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future for a much better experience.

Yorkshire
Reviewed 26 May 2014

It is what it is; an airport hotel used before/after an early/late flight. Rooms are small, but clean and comfortable; staff pleasant and helpful. Breakfast seemed to be of good value but we did not try it as we were away before it was served. Good for Mid Term Parking. If you have an early flight and do not want to drive overnight this is fine. I would use it again in Wintertime.

Room Tip: Go to the Second Floor
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank YorkshireBrigadier
Dear YorkshireBrigadier,

Thank you for your recent review of your experience at Ibis London Luton Airport. I am glad that you seemed to be satisfied with your stay and that you are happy to come back again. We do appreciate the positive feedback regarding our team and the room. This will really help us to improve even more.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the Winter!

Best Regards
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed at the Ibis so it was easier for an early departure the next day. Its something I do often when flying out the next day so you feel more refreshed without sitting in a car for hours, travelling to the airport right before your flight, but on this occasion we would have been better off staying at home.

We arrived at the hotel around 10pm and managed to squeeze the car into a crowded car park so we could check in. The reception area was very busy and you couldn't hear what the staff were saying to you over the desk. No information was giving to us at all about the hotel or where the bus shuttle bus picked you up etc, we were just presented with a key and pointed in the direction of our room. After shouting at each other over the noise for a few minutes, off we went to the room. In the lift there's no sign with which rooms are on which floor. Small niggle I guess, but it was annoying going to a couple of wrong levels, stepping out the lift to read the signs.

The rooms are an ok size for 2 people, the bathroom was a bit small and felt like you were using a caravan toilet\shower room. The extractor fan in the bathroom didn't work and it was like a steam room within minutes. The beds were so uncomfortable, we really didn't get a good nights sleep at all. They were so hard and the pillows were too big with nothing else on offer. You had to laugh at the leaflets they leave on the bed saying "perfect nights sleep". The rooms were quite noisy and there seems to be minimal sound proofing. You could hear upstairs every move and the rooms are quite close to the air field.

We woke up feeling tired and achy. Not quite what we had in mind. We then discovered the airport bus doesn't pick up near the Ibis and was told we need to walk down the road to the Holiday Inn. So with all our baggage were walking across busy roads and walking up step hills to get a bus to a terminal you could see from the Holiday Inn, so in the end we walked to the terminal rather then paying the extortionate £3 each for a bus to take you a few hundred yards. The price we paid was reasonable for a airport hotel but we have stayed in cheaper much better hotels on airports. I wouldn't recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear rich201uk,

Thank you for your recent review of your experience at Ibis London Luton Airport. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay and I would like to offer my sincere apologies. I know that some of the issues you encountered could have been solved at the reception at the point of check-in, if you had received all of the information, although I understand from your review that the reception area was busy.
We have recently refurbished the lift lobby and the signs were removed and it has taken longer than expected to get the replacements. Although we do not run a transfer to the Airport ourselves, we should be explaining that there are a number of options to get there. We can book a taxi for you, which costs £6 or the shuttle stop is a short walk away and should cost £1 per person for the journey. Alternatively the Airport is a 10 minute walk from the hotel.
I would like to thank you for your feedback and there are a number of things we can work on to improve what we do. I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future for a better experience.

Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed here last night. The lady on reception was very nice, polite and helpful and the location for the airport is fantastic and quiet considering how close it was. I could walk to the airport with no problem at all. I was just a bit disappointed with my room to be honest. It had a strong smell of chip fat and the bed was not comfortable at all I had two single beds pushed together with a mattress topper and could feel the dent where the previous person had been! I couldn't hear the planes outside but I could hear the people in the other rooms having a wee! Nice! Despite this I had a lovely hot bath which was very very welcome as it was late. The price was reasonable too. I would have complained at the time but I was so tired I just went to bed! The room was clean to be honest so I don't know why it smelt so bad! Maybe the last people ate chips in there!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank tracy h
Dear tracy h,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at Ibis London Luton Airport. Please accept my apologies that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay with us. I have asked the housekeeping manager to investigate the issues you mentioned to find the cause. Your feedback is very important to us and it will only help us to improve our service and guest experiences.

Thank you once again for your review and I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again for an improved experience.