“Very good hotel, but...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ibis London Luton Airport

Ibis London Luton Airport
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Luton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

This hotel was perfect for my airport stay last year in july 2013

rooms are amazing, so much more than i expected, comfy beds and good lighting and bathroom was large and spacious. breakfast was good and plentiful, staff where great! literally one road goes up to the aiport takes 5 -10 mins max, really good for those not wanting to pay fares for taxis. last year i paid £35 for my stay, this year it was £65 so i opted out and went somewhere cheaper. which is a shame, but shows how good it is and how much demand they have. I was only 18 and felt very safe staying here alone, free wifi too :P

would love to stay again, no doubt about it. perfect for a good nights sleep, not a bad word to say.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IbisManagerLuton, General Manager at Ibis London Luton Airport, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear megan b,

Thank you for taking the time to come back and review your experience from 2013. I am glad to see that we really provided you with a good stay and that the team not only provided you with great service, but made you feel comfortable and safe. This makes me feel that we are doing the right things. Sorry you did not have the chance to stay with us when you inquired recently and I would urge you to book as far in advance as possible to get the best prices.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I do hope to be able to welcome you back in the future very soon. Even in the past 12 months we have changed, so we hope you will be pleasantly surprised.

Best Regards
Colchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I had to fly to Scotland on business, from Luton, early in the morning which meant an overnight stay. I didn’t want to throw a lot of money at this and ended up booking the Ibis virtually next to Luton Airport. Regardless of this being my decision I wasn’t looking forward to it. Budget hotels and me don’t really mix well (having said that I stayed at a Premier Inn a few months ago and was very pleasantly surprised) but this was fine.

The room was a bit small and dingy, but at least it was clean. The service was really impressive – the lady who served me in the restaurant was excellent – and the evening meal I had was spot on. It wasn’t really my sort of menu – all pizza, burgers, nachos and the like – but I had fish and chips, which I don’t have very often and nearly always leave the chips but these were really very good.

There was also a decent wine list so I was accompanied to my room to prepare for my meeting with a decent bottle of Gavi. All in all, a pleasant surprise. And yes, I probably would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Bob W,

Thank you for your review of your experience at ibis London Luton Airport. I am happy to see that we managed to exceed your expectations with our clean rooms and excellent service. The restaurant team in particular will be proud that you have a really good evening meal and it will encourage them to keep improving.

I really do hope you will not think twice about staying with us in the future. We are always getting better and I hope to be able to welcome you back again in the future.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

A lovely modern (but basic) clean hotel as you would expect.
We paid £110 for the night to get 2 weeks free parking with Airparks.
The parking charge alone would probably have been this.

The bar doesn't serve ale or bitter which was a nuisance as I'm not keen on lager.

Food prices are very reasonable indeed. Side orders at £1.95 for example.

A great and convenient night very close to Luton airport.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Njames2000
IbisManagerLuton, General Manager at Ibis London Luton Airport, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Njames2000,

Thank you for your review of you experience at Ibis London Luton Airport. We really appreciate the positive feedback about the hotel. Sorry that we could not offer more ales or bitter at the bar. I suppose it is a consequence of the preferences of the majority of our guests. We do offer a competitive parking offer ourselves. I do hope you will at least give us a call for a quotation next time.

Thank you once again the feedback and I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Bucks- UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hotel was lower in price than others close to the airport so i wasnt sure what to expect, however although the walk is about 10-15 mins dependant on baggage and speed this hotel is easily accessible to and from the airport and we stayed here before an early flight.
The staff were friendly and welcoming the rooms were clean and enough space, tea and coffee in rooms and cafe open downstairs.
Definitely one to look at if needing a stay at the airport

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank UvulaRoc
Dear UvulaRoc,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent experience at Ibis London Luton Airport. I am very glad to hear that we managed to meet your expectations and we really appreciate all of your positive feedback.

Thank you again for your recommendation and I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

UK Lincoln
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I needed to find an overnight stay prior to flying early in the morning. This ibis was pretty much what I thought it would be for an ibis. Plain, comfortable, reasonable breakfast, steep bar prices, but 300yds from the airport .
I would say that the room prices were £20 overpriced, but all in all a reasonable experience

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank WilliamPA
IbisManagerLuton, General Manager at Ibis London Luton Airport, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear WilliamPA,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Ibis London Luton Airport. I am happy that we managed to satisfy your expectations.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I do hope to be able to welcome you back for an even better experience. Remember to take advantage of our promotional offers by booking early.

Best Regards