“Handy for Luton airport”

Ibis London Luton Airport
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Luton
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Handy for Luton airport”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This Ibis is well placed for Luton airport - catch the free bus at the airport (I seem to remember it was the one that dropped off at holiday inn) and then it is just a short walk to Ibis. The only problem was having to cross several roads at busy roundabouts with heavy cases. We had a half board offer, which meant we had a very nice meal in the evening, including a beer, and a good all-you-can-eat breakfast. There was a bit of confusion as we were not given our food vouchers when we booked in, but it was quickly sorted by our waitress. The room was well soundproofed, but our air conditioning didn't appear to be working. We would use Ibis again, should we need to fly in or out of Luton.

Room Tip: The bath had very high sides, so if you're disabled you might need to get a room with disabled a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
IbisManagerLuton, General Manager at Ibis London Luton Airport, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Jane W,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Ibis London Luton Airport. I am glad to see that you were satisfied with your stay and the F&B team will be happy that you enjoyed your evening meal. I am sorry to hear your air cooling system was not working. The maintenance team have been in the process of servicing all of the units in anticipation of summer. I'm sure it will be rectified imminently.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I do hope to be able to welcome you back again for another good stay.

Best Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

My partner and I visited on the 7th july as we had a early flight the next day, room is what you would expect really hard bed smallish room and tired looking bathroom but its good value for money and very convenient for the airport we ate in the resutant the night before and it was lovely a little expensive but nice atmosphere

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
IbisManagerLuton, General Manager at Ibis London Luton Airport, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear cleocleo11,

Thank you for writing about your recent stay at Ibis London Luton Airport. I am happy to see we met your expectations, but sorry we did not exceed them. I do appreciate the positive comments and we will continue working on improving our offer.

Thank you once again and I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back again for a better stay.

Yours Sincerely
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This hotel is ideal for Luton Airport clean pleasant and a competitive price,whilst it was virtually twice the price of my last visit it was the most competitive price I could find,so I guess supply and demand comes into play.The room allocated was better than last visit,small but you are just passing through so it doesn't matter and the bed was very comfortable,the staff were very helpful so all things considered a good choice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
IbisManagerLuton, General Manager at Ibis London Luton Airport, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Mervyncutting,

Thank you for taking the time to review your latest experience at Ibis London Luton Airport. I am happy to see that your experience has improved on the last. We really appreciate the feedback and it shows we are going in the right direction.

Thank you again for recommending us to others and I do hope to welcome you back again in the future for another improved stay.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This hotel was perfect for my airport stay last year in july 2013

rooms are amazing, so much more than i expected, comfy beds and good lighting and bathroom was large and spacious. breakfast was good and plentiful, staff where great! literally one road goes up to the aiport takes 5 -10 mins max, really good for those not wanting to pay fares for taxis. last year i paid £35 for my stay, this year it was £65 so i opted out and went somewhere cheaper. which is a shame, but shows how good it is and how much demand they have. I was only 18 and felt very safe staying here alone, free wifi too :P

would love to stay again, no doubt about it. perfect for a good nights sleep, not a bad word to say.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
IbisManagerLuton, General Manager at Ibis London Luton Airport, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear megan b,

Thank you for taking the time to come back and review your experience from 2013. I am glad to see that we really provided you with a good stay and that the team not only provided you with great service, but made you feel comfortable and safe. This makes me feel that we are doing the right things. Sorry you did not have the chance to stay with us when you inquired recently and I would urge you to book as far in advance as possible to get the best prices.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I do hope to be able to welcome you back in the future very soon. Even in the past 12 months we have changed, so we hope you will be pleasantly surprised.