“The Perfect Place To Stay”

Holiday Inn Luton - South M1, Jct 9
Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels in Luton
Reviewed 30 May 2011

What a lift to the end of a weary day, staff that could not do enough for you, and good honest great food. Rooms cosy warm and inviting, short of nothing except to have stopped longer! thankyou. We were made to feel welcome and most of all special which is what we needed that day.Breakfast rounded off one great nights B&B perfect, and a dining manager that will go far. So sorry that we were to weary to have had a swim!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
HILutonSouth, Manager at Holiday Inn Luton - South M1, Jct 9, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2011

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Luton South. Guest feedback is very important to us and it is through this that we can strive to constantly improve our service and offerings.

I was so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, al be it a brief one, and will ensure your kind comments are passed onto the team.

Operatiopns Manager

Reviewed 17 February 2011

I returned for the third time (visiting relatives nearby) and though this hotel continues to be an "excellent" when compared against it's peers I was in two minds whether to drop it a rating.

This time the rooms were their standard size, and this showed by being a little cramped but still acceptable.

Housekeeping varied from being faultless to leaving us with a few grumbles - toiletries not replaced, loo roll not replenished.

Breakfast was decent quality for a buffet, but as the stay progressed it was clear that they kept running out of things like yoghurts and at one point they seemed to be down to the last few slices of bread, with the chef coming out of the kitchen to remove half of what was sitting out next to the toaster!

At an average of £41 per night including breakfast for two for four nights, it was fantastic value for money and the main reason why it still gets the top rating.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family

I am glad to hear you have kept returning to us and would like to assure you we will be looking into the standards that had lapsed since your last stay.

Thanks you again for your comments.

Reviewed 28 January 2011

Stayed recently on business. Receptionist very polite and friendly both checking in and out, however as a priority club member I expected to be acknowledged that way. The rooms where space limiting however well utilised with the expected amenities present. The bed was very comfortable and choice of pillows was a nice touch. Looking at the restaurant menu in the room and the promises in the brochures I was looking forward to dinner. This was a big let down . I was given a limited menu where I chose ribeye steak. I asked for medium and received a very rare steak!! I can normally suffice with medium rare and in this case the ribeye was quality, the only reason not to sent it back. I left a piece to show the waitress how rare it was and got an apology. Listening to other guests most noticed that the food was cold. It is also worth noting that the menu price is premium.
The restaurants saving grace was that breakfast was good and cooked to a satisfactory level.
All the staff were extremely polite.

Not the best holiday inn by far and I will probably not stay there next time prefering the premier inn at Luton airport which is better all round.

• Stayed: January 2011
HILutonSouth, Manager at Holiday Inn Luton - South M1, Jct 9, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2011

I was very pleased to here about your experience with our reception and that you found all our team to be polite. The comments regarding your dining experience have been discussed with our food and beverge departent so we can review and make improvements in this area.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed 13 January 2011

First of all I have to say the girl at reception was excellent. But that was where the excellent service came to a grinding halt. I reserved a table in the restaurant for the evening of my stay as the hotel appeared to be busy and I didn't fancy room service. I went to the restaurant at the alloted time of 7pm and was met by a very elderly woman (although I'm not being ageist) who was very rude to me because she didn't have a note of my reservation (I later checked with reception and they said they had informed her of all the reservations earlier that evening) and made it seem as though it was my fault! She informed me that the only menu available was some sort of mexican buffet which I accepted. I quite like mexican food but other than the chicken wings (which let's face it aren't much of a challenge) the food was cold, and pretty poor. I then waited what seemed like an eternity to be served with a glass of wine, and when I had finished my meal the plate sat on my table for about 20 minutes as I was pointedly ignored by every single member of staff (there were at least 4 kicking around). It seemed as though the two females had a 'male only' policy as they only catered for the gentlemen diners. I was not offered dessert and when I asked about it I was handed a scrappy torn menu and then ignored again until I eventually decided enough was enough and left after settling my bill. I also observed that other diners were being offered the bar menu which was far more appetitising than the awful buffet. I was pretty peed off about that and mentioned it upon leaving, at which point I got an apology and the drinks removed from the bill. I don't really care about that since I was travelling on business and I wasn't paying!

The sleep was awful - the room was boiling hot and I barely slept. I didn't go for breakfast for fear of being ignored for being a woman again and couldn't wait to leave in all honesty. I've never been spoken to so rudely by someone in the so-called hospitality industry. The women in the restaurant honestly made me feel like I was putting them out for even being there! Not the nicest when you're travelling and dining alone.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
HILutonSouth, Manager at Holiday Inn Luton - South M1, Jct 9, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2011

Thank you for your feedback, we value all of our guests' comments and through these comments we continue to strive to create a positive guest experience.

I apologise that you were uphappy with your dinner experience, we try to enhance this with our theme evenings but obviously we did not achieve this on this occasion. I have discussed your concerns with all of the team here so we can put improvements in place.

Reviewed 3 January 2011

We booked this on-line. £85 including parking for 8 days and a 2 course eve meal. It was really good for one nights stay just before our flight at 745.. the spa was good, the food good, the only thing that let it down was the inexperienced staff, but to no hindrence to our stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2010

Location: - unless you have a car, you are better off at some locations closer to Luton Airport, if that's what you are aiming for.
Staff at the reception: nice.
Food: bring your own, as guests having breakfast seem to annoy the staff, while guests having dinner should prepare themselves for suprises. One night we ordered a salad and it suited the descripion in the menu, the second night it was missing the key ingredient, and another was replaced by a "similar" ingredient. Don't try complaining, because in exchange you get the waiter-turned-answering-machine with the line: "the chef run out of the ingredients".
Converter - in every other hotel I stayed at in the UK, it was possible to borrow it. Not here.
Rooms: need some refurbishment, although common areas are ok.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
HILutonSouth, Manager at Holiday Inn Luton - South M1, Jct 9, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2010

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry that you felt not all apescts of your stay were enjoyable. I would like to assure you that I will discuss these points with our team. Guest feedback is important to us so we can continally strive to improve and exceed our guests expectations.

Reviewed 14 November 2010

When we arrived lods of secure parking, recp, they had all our booking details, we went stright to our room, clean tidy, t.v. great, had a shower great,get ready for our nighht out. we went to broomhills club in markyate, disco,dancing and food all for £5.00 each, got taxia back to hotel at 01.00 am. had a great nights sleep, then at 9am. went down to help your self full english breakfast!!! well good after a night out! sets you up for the day to come.the staff were very helpfull. i then drove up the motoway back to our small village in northamptonshire.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luton
Hilton Garden Inn Luton North
Holiday Inn Express Luton Airport
Luton Hoo Hotel Golf and Spa
Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport
Icon Hotel Luton
Icon Hotel Luton
#1 of 27 in Luton
Holiday Inn Express Dunstable

Been to Holiday Inn Luton - South M1, Jct 9? Share your experiences!