“Friendly, helpful and efficient”

Holiday Inn Luton-South
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Luton
York, United Kingdom
“Friendly, helpful and efficient”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I have stayed here a few times now and I am always impressed with the quality of service provided. True, the rooms are beginning to look a little tired but given the competitive price for the quality and friendly service received I can live with that.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike7cfc
Stephanie W, Manager at Holiday Inn Luton-South, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Mike
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to read that you were impressed with the service, in particular the quality and the friendliness of the team.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Reviewed 8 March 2014

The receptionist was the only person who went the extra mile when I checked in. Room was clean and well maintained. Food in the restaurant was good, service was slow. Was only staying one night for business and yes, I would return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back of the hotel, I was on the front and there was a little bit of traffic no...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AnthonyHayllar
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Luton-South, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear AnthonyHayllar,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your stay with us. While we are pleased to hear you liked your room accommodations, we would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations in regards to the level of service you received. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and for sharing a valuable feedback.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed here for one night with my son to break a long journey up on a Friday night. The hotel is very easy to find and has ample free parking. Check in was very quick, our room was very nice too with a large flat screen tv, kettle and a very clean bathroom. We decided to order room service which was delivered quickly, the food was nice but portion size was small in relation to the price, it ended up quite expensive. We went down for. Breakfast at 7am but we're told they do not start until 0730 which I thought was late, however when we returned the breakfast was really good with a varied range of drinks and hot and cold food. If you don't pay for your breakfast as part of your room deal be warned it is very very expensive.
One thing that I found a nuisance was when you closed the bedroom door you had to pull it hard which then made it slam, this might have woken other people up in nearby rooms.
We had a look around the hotel and saw the spa/swimming pool which looked clean and quiet. We would have tried these out if we had more time. All the staff we met were very polite, friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Pay for breakfast in a room deal it will save you a fortune!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Emma,
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel after your recent stay. I am delighted to read all the positive points you made, I have passed these onto the team. I have discussed the door issue with my maintenance team who will look into this.
Thank you once again, I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Luton South in the near future, when hopefully you can take full advantage of our leisure facilities.

Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I have given the hotel very good because the staff were great the leisure facilties very good and the location for motorways very good. However ignore your sat nav as it may take you to the back of the hotel, so if coming off the motorway dont go first right before the garage carry on. I didn't have breakfast except coffee and juices but there seemed to be plenty. I had a room overlooking what is effectively a main road and that didn't help my sleep I am afraid so try to get a room elsewhere in the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank iantoes
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

We have just stayed at this hotel and it was a real letdown. We booked a 'suite' and got a basic double room termed 'Executive'. I have no idea what was executive about it.
But the real letdown is the restaurant. High prices for very basic food. We went for the £29.95 meal for two and it was not great. Even worse was the service. Despite the fact that there seemed to be 2 staff on, they kept disappearing. In the end, after waiting for 25 minutes to pay the bill, we walked out. And there were only 9 people at 4 tables!
It's such a shame when hotels like this cannot even get the basics right. And to the managers considering the cut and paste apology, please do not bother. Instead spend some time teaching your staff about SERVICE. It's not that difficult!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John L
Stephanie W, Manager at Holiday Inn Luton-South, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear John,
Thank you for taking the time to feedback following your recent visit to our hotel. We take guest feedback very seriously and I was very disappointed to read that your experience was not a positive one.
We do have a Guest Relations Manager on duty 24 hours a day and this person will do all in their power to put right any guest issues before they impact negatively on the enjoyment of your stay. I apologise that this person did not manage to catch up with you whilst you were staying with us.

Should you wish to discuss your review with me in more detail I can be contacted via the hotel switchboard on 01582 449988.

Resident Manager

Travellers are raving about these Luton hotels

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed here last week, brilliant friendly staff that knew what they were doing and could not do enough for you. Restaurant was closed when we arrived but the bar menu was more than good enough. There were no available seats in the bar, but the bar man rallied round and got two spare seats that were not being used for us. QUite a nice chilling night

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Booked a double room given a twin room, the remainder was just embarrassing:
Lorry drivers being allowed to drink their own beer in the bar, let yourself down here Kenny!
Poor communication between duty manager Chris Bennett to bar staff, restaurant and kitchen staff, easy to get it right but even easier to get it wrong in what used to be the hospitality trade.

Room Tip: Try the Holiday Inn at Luton Airport perhaps.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Macadabadoo
Dear Guest
Thank you for your valuable feedback. May I apologise for the issues you encountered, I am currently investigating your comments to ensure that this level of service and communication is improved immediately.
I hope that you give us the opportunity to make a better impression upon you and you will choose to stay with us again if you are next visiting the area. Should you have a suitable date in mind please contact me and I will deal with your booking personally.