“Our special wedding day 19th April 2014”

Holiday Inn Luton - South M1, Jct 9
Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in Luton
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We would like to say a big Thank you to all the management and staff at the Holiday Inn.
Having planed the wedding day there was the best thing we did. They waited on us hand and foot the hospitably the service the food the rooms and the welcome we received was fantastic.
The wedding service room was amazing but the main room for the wedding meal was spectacular. Our wedding day was based on the 1966 world cup with the St Georges cross with red and white flowers, they placed the tables in a way it looked like the St Georges cross.
Recommendation 100% if you are looking to stay in a hotel this is the one to book

Room Tip: Book today and do not delay the Holiday Inn
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eldridge491
Stephanie W, Manager at Holiday Inn Luton - South M1, Jct 9, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Mr and Mrs Eldridge

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the hotel after your recent wedding with us. I am so happy that we exceeded your expectations. We have had many, many weddings here at the hotel, but it was the first time we had a football themed wedding, it really was fantastic.
Mr and Mrs Eldridge, it was an absolute pleasure to be part of your special day. Thank you once again and all the very best as you start a new chapter in your lives as husband and wife.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Tired and dated, Quite a trek to the airport in early morning traffic. Breakfast was just finishing when we checked in so choice was limited. Sausage was sour and bread was stale. Very expensive in addition to the lack of choice. Pool area was good but very overcrowded and noisy as it was half term.

The one shinning light was the lady who was housekeeping unfortunately I can not remember her name but she is a tremendous asset to the hotel and went out of her way to look after us.

Room Tip: the 5 star awarded for service was solely based on the quality received from the house keeper.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Stephanie W, Manager at Holiday Inn Luton - South M1, Jct 9, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to review the hotel after your recent stay. May I firstly apologise for the issues that you encountered with breakfast, this is certainly not our usual standard and I am currently investigating the issues you mentioned.
I have passed your comments onto the housekeeping team who always go that extra mile.
I hope to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Luton South in the near future.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

The hotel is ideally located for Redbourn and Dunstable, and we stayed to attend a party at Redbourn. Parking is good, the bedrooms are well set out and comfortable, there were two conference halls down the corridor from us but despite there being a party in one of them, noise was not a problem. The only upset we had was over a taxi booking, which, despite being logged at reception, did not appear to have been made with the taxi people. Breakfast is super, and on the weekend is served until 11-00 which is great, and check out isn't until 12-00.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are probably the quietest.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Chris,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Firstly may I apologise for the issue regarding the taxi, I have discussed this with my reception team. I am however delighted to read that you had a positive experience with us.
I do hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Luton South in the near future.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I have stayed here a few times now and I am always impressed with the quality of service provided. True, the rooms are beginning to look a little tired but given the competitive price for the quality and friendly service received I can live with that.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike7cfc

Dear Mike
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to read that you were impressed with the service, in particular the quality and the friendliness of the team.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 8 March 2014

The receptionist was the only person who went the extra mile when I checked in. Room was clean and well maintained. Food in the restaurant was good, service was slow. Was only staying one night for business and yes, I would return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back of the hotel, I was on the front and there was a little bit of traffic no...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AnthonyHayllar
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Luton - South M1, Jct 9, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Dear AnthonyHayllar,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your stay with us. While we are pleased to hear you liked your room accommodations, we would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations in regards to the level of service you received. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and for sharing a valuable feedback.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed here for one night with my son to break a long journey up on a Friday night. The hotel is very easy to find and has ample free parking. Check in was very quick, our room was very nice too with a large flat screen tv, kettle and a very clean bathroom. We decided to order room service which was delivered quickly, the food was nice but portion size was small in relation to the price, it ended up quite expensive. We went down for. Breakfast at 7am but we're told they do not start until 0730 which I thought was late, however when we returned the breakfast was really good with a varied range of drinks and hot and cold food. If you don't pay for your breakfast as part of your room deal be warned it is very very expensive.
One thing that I found a nuisance was when you closed the bedroom door you had to pull it hard which then made it slam, this might have woken other people up in nearby rooms.
We had a look around the hotel and saw the spa/swimming pool which looked clean and quiet. We would have tried these out if we had more time. All the staff we met were very polite, friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Pay for breakfast in a room deal it will save you a fortune!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Emma,
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel after your recent stay. I am delighted to read all the positive points you made, I have passed these onto the team. I have discussed the door issue with my maintenance team who will look into this.
Thank you once again, I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Luton South in the near future, when hopefully you can take full advantage of our leisure facilities.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I have given the hotel very good because the staff were great the leisure facilties very good and the location for motorways very good. However ignore your sat nav as it may take you to the back of the hotel, so if coming off the motorway dont go first right before the garage carry on. I didn't have breakfast except coffee and juices but there seemed to be plenty. I had a room overlooking what is effectively a main road and that didn't help my sleep I am afraid so try to get a room elsewhere in the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo