Holiday Inn Luton - South M1, Jct 9
US$77
US$69
PremierInn.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe holiday innleisure facilitieswedding receptionsteam roomstayed for one nightmoatjunctionmotorwayairparksvenuepounds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Would like to thank all the staff and the hotel for their excellent customer service, food and attention to detail.
The staff could not be more helpful, polite,happy and the food was superb-I would recommend the hotel for any party or event.

The bedrooms were clean, spacious and very comfortable. not noisy at all considering next to the busy road!
Breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice even for gluten free customers!

Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to friends and business colleagues

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Daniela T
Stephanie W, Manager at Holiday Inn Luton - South M1, Jct 9, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Daniela
Thank you for your very kind feedback after your recent party at the hotel. I am particularly delighted that you found the staff polite, helpful and happy, I have passed your comments onto them all.
It was a pleasure to be involved with your function and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Luton South in the near future. Thank you once again for your recommendation.

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

After returning from a business trip I realised that I had left my I Phone charger plugged in the room. I immediately contacted the hotel and they said they would post it on to me. They never did do I can only assume that one of the staff took the charger rather than hand it in.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Grasiemck
Stephanie W, Manager at Holiday Inn Luton - South M1, Jct 9, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I would appreciate if you could contact me at the hotel via the main switchboard (01582449988) or email residentmanager.hiluton@qmh-hotels.com so I can discuss your missing phone charger.
I can assure you that your phone charger would not have been taken by any of my Team Members.
I look forward to speaking to you in the near future.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Truly crummy. We arrived to check in to a loud, foul-mouthed dispute between the desk clerk and a patron who had already been served far too often. The clerk was extremely patient, but the whole check-in lasted at least 15 minutes, and left us with frayed nerves. After finding our room, we called room service as instructed, and were told we'd be better-off ordering at the bar. When we reached the bar, there was a barman and (duty?) manager arguing, again in a foul-mouthed manner, and again about Mr. Drunk-too-much. Several minutes went by without acknowledgment, let alone service. A young lady came and went, then the manager said he had to take care of something else before serving us.

We finally ordered and sat down, whereupon we witnessed a discussion (foul-mouthed and fully audible) between the barman who took our order, and the person assigned to prepare it, about how there weren't to be any more food orders. Eventually the food arrived, and it was decent enough, but we left very soon after, since it was just too depressing to warrant staying.

The bar was smoky, damp and uninviting, due to the fact that the door to the smoking zone was open. There were also ample cigarette butts on the carpet, beer bottles and cans under the furniture, and large puddles on the bar. Simply nasty.

The room was clean and comfortable, and we slept well, but everything else about the visit was a grim, low-end experience. This is all too reminiscent of past times when customer service was a concept unknown to the hotel sector, and an embarrassment to the UK. Utterly desperate.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Quarterjack

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel after your recent stay with us. We certainly welcome feedback as an opportunity to improve areas for the benefit of all of our guests.
I am deeply saddened to read your comments, as I can assure you this is not typical of the customer service we provide, feedback regarding our Team Members is usually exceptional. Unfortunately Trip Advisor does not provide your contact details but I would very much like to discuss your experience in more detail. I would appreciate if you could contact me at the hotel via the main switchboard 01582449988 or email residentmanager.hiluton@qmh-hotels.com
I look forward to speaking to you.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We used this to stay overnight prior to an early flight from Luton airport. The hotel room was absolutely fine. Clean and comfortable and that was the most important part I guess.

The bar was soulless and, I never understand why they do this, fizzy, cold, tasteless, weak keg bitter - YUK!

The food in the restaurant was OK but really overpriced. Cheapest bottle of nasty wine was £18.50.

If we had a need to we would stay here again but we wouldn't eat here

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lyfted
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Luton - South M1, Jct 9, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear lyfted,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review of our property. I am pleased to know that you found our rooms clean and comfortable and that our location worked for your needs. For our products and services, we always ensure that our rates remain competitive with other hotels in the area. I sincerely apologize if you found our rates to be higher than what you have expected.

Again, thank you and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Night One

Arrived pleasant enough welcome from reception. No upgrade for Platinum member available even though online rooms were showing.

Up to room. Room clean and tidy, albeit decor a bit old fashioned. Desk chair did not work - castors stuck - no use for working at the desk.

Went to get a drink and food at the bar.

Waited over 10 mins and still no-one to serve.

Bar was freezing cold due to doors to patio being left open for the 1 smoker in residence from what I could see.

So went to restaurant instead to see if both the service and temperature was warmer.

Seated very quickly by a rude maître de and ordered a beer immediately. Then waited over 10 mins for a beer to appear but no-sign of anyone waiting to take an order.

Tables initially not ready to order before me had orders taken first.

Treated like an invisible man.

When finally my order was taken, my beer had still not arrived. Was offered a free sauce for my steak as compensation for waiting to place an order and waiting for a beer. But at least the waitress tried to be friendly and apologise for the long wait so far.

Beer finally arrived after c.15-20 mins. Food around 30 mins after sitting down at table.

I had ordered mix grill with steak cooked rare. When it came the steak was medium, although very tasty as was the rest of the meal.

The friendly waitress agreed wholeheartedly and offer to exchange. I turned this down and she said she would inform the chef.

The waitress was the only person who seemed to care.

Hopefully Night Two will be much better....

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rainhillman
Stephanie W, Manager at Holiday Inn Luton - South M1, Jct 9, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Firstly may I sincerely apologise that your experience was not a good one. We strive to ensure our customers receive the very best customer service and I am extremely disappointed that this was not the case for you. I can assure you I have discussed in detail the issues you had with my team, in particular my Food and Beverage Manager. I would like the opportunity to discuss this with you. If it is convenient for you please call me on the main switchboard on 01582 449988.

Kind Regards