All reviews the holiday inn leisure facilities airport parking business hotel steam room junction motorway venue pounds
Reviewed 17 December 2015

My wife and I checked in for an overnight stay before an early morning flight to Copenhagen. Lovely bar area where we were able to watch the rugby whilst enjoying a chilled glass of wine. Then dinner. We were shown to our table and the waitress took our orders. She was amazing, well into her 80's called Beryl. She was so accommodating and very pleasant to talk to. Food was far superior from what I expected. The only reason I have not given 5 stars is that our booked alarm call did not happen. If it was not for my mobile phone, we would have missed our flight! If I fly from Luton again, I will definately stay there again....and make sure my pohone alarm is armed!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Stephanie W, Manager at Holiday Inn Luton - South M1, Jct 9, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2016

Dear Guest
Thank you for your wonderful comments following your recent stay. Beryl really is a true gem and I have passed your comments onto her. Apologies for the alarm call we have had the issue inspected and can assure you it will not happen again. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Luton South in the near future.

Resident Manager

Reviewed 15 December 2015

Stayed here with a group of friend on 05/12/2015 adequate rooms although the bathroom was quite small. Excellent gym and pool fab breakfast but what really makes a difference here are the staff. Everyone smiles and greets you nothing is too much trouble thank you, you exceeded my expectations!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alison J

Dear Guest
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel following your stay. I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations. I have passed your kind comments onto the team, thank you once again.

Resident Manger

Reviewed 14 December 2015

The room(s) were dated with old beds furniture and shoddy bathrooms not what you expect form the brand. The room looked knocked about with poor facilities such as over bath shower not able to hold up, a lot of toilet noise when flushed, large gap under room door with light pollution from corridor and noise from events held in the hotel. The bed had the frame visible and was very uncomfortable- the whole thing felt grubby

Half hearted bar staff who were multi tasking effectively finding customers a nuisance if they required serving whilst set up for breakfast.

You left feeling that you were an inconvenience.

Room Tip: view before agreeing to the room
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Luton - South M1, Jct 9, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2015

Dear RobH567,

I ppreciate the time you took to share your experience while staying at our hotel. We value each feedback as this will allow us identify the areas that may benefit from our additional attention. It is disheartening to know that your bar experience was not as pleasant as it should have been. This is not the customer service we endeavor to deliver our guests and for that, I am truly sorry. I also regret to read about the issues you had with the room received. I would like to look into this further, thus, I have sent you a private message to help us get additional information regarding this event.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon.

Ingrid V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 13 December 2015

We booked a hotel & parking (Airparks) deal via the AA as we had a 07.40 flight on a Monday morning & could not rely on a free flowing M25 we live an hour plus away.
Found hotel easily from instructions & we were able to park right opposite main entrance over night, arriving about 18.00hr.
Room fairly basic but very clean & comfortable, it was quite some way from the lift which was good as they were staging a big Xmas party in function room opposite lift.
Wifi worked well & was FOC.
Coffee making facilities available but had to relocate tray as no power point available within reach.
Bathroom very small but functional, shower gel in container on the wall.
Staff all very friendly both at reception & in restaurant.
Food was fairly basic (as expected for type of hotel) but well prepared & presented and served hot. We ate early & whilst eating a large party of diners arrived and were seated in separate area of restaurant, they seemed a bit short of staff & it took some time to get bill, however, waitress was very apologetic.
We left the hotel approx 05.00hr leaving room 'key' with Night Porter who pointed out notice by door with car park exit code.

Room Tip: Avoid room at front if staying on a weekday during rush hour.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Cathy
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay with us. I hope you had a good holiday, and choose to stay with us again in the near future.

Resident Manager

Reviewed 5 December 2015

Just felt let down after a night in a significantly better Holiday Inn (which was also cheaper) - apart from the bar staff who were friendly and polite, everything else was just a bit dull and tired... from not being able to get a printed invoice on leaving (but they did e-mail it later), not being told the code to get out of the car park (had to go back in) and the coffee machine not working at breakfast - sorry - but at the rates charged, you have to do better. Won't be staying again.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Luton - South M1, Jct 9, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2015

Dear Jon E,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased to note that you liked the friendly and polite staff. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations with regard to the condition of the facilities, front office service and breakfast amenities. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you. We take all reviews very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

I value you as our guest and hope you will continue to choose IHG for your future travel needs.

Lera P