“unacceptable venue”

Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Luton
Málaga, Andalucia, Spain
“unacceptable venue”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I was invited to meet a friend who I had not seen for years to the Tapas restaurant at the Leaside Hotel the girl behind the bar was more interested in clearing the bar of glasses than serving us and the menu for Tapas is diabolical. I live in Spain and what was on offer did not even come close to what would be expected of a Tapas Bar. I ended up with a steak that was tough as old boots with a cook it yourself brick that everything stuck to. if you are going to serve a steak make sure it is edible and give a plate to eat it on. I do not expect to cook it myself This venue is overpriced and substandard I would never go for another meal or drink in this establishment

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bil G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here in May for a few days. We were greeted with a warm welcome and taken to our room. Narrow staircase, no elevator, but that was fine since I had my husband to carry the luggage! The room was clean with a small bathroom. We had large pieces of luggage since we were doing quite a bit of travelling, so our luggage took up a lot of space on the floor. Our room had two skylights with room darkening blinds. The weather was great while we were there and it was so nice to wake up and look at clear blue skies! I have to say the owner was such a nice guy. He was kept busy with a communion and a couple of other parties on the weekend that we were there, but always went out of his way to chat to us. The only tip I would give the owners is to have a shelf in the shower stall to put toiletries, we had to leave them on the floor or on top of the shower door. Also to have a tap that hot and cold water comes from rather than two seperate taps, since the water gets so hot. I would definitely stay there again. Was walking distance to town center with shopping and dining. The only time we ate there was for breakfast and it was delicious. There was a full English breakfast or a continental breakfast. I thought the full breakfast would be too much and the owner offered to make us sandwiches. Always willing to go out of his way.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel is a very very nice place, with lovely people working there, the service was in top and the people was very helpful , we had a lovely room up under the roof and got great great food. I can highly recommend this place

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Luton
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We had a great meal from the tapas menu. Really tasty. We would recommend the mussels. Lovely welcoming staff. We sat out on the pretty patio before going into our meal. They were happy to help with my daughters 21st birthday cake. A great evening. Definetly worth a visit.

• Stayed June 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Book this room - very well designed and a super jacuzzi in the middle of the room. Restaurant very good and very nice breakfast. Good central location. Stayed here many times and will continue to do so for weekends away.

Room Tip: Coach House Suite is the best room in the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Tiptree
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I wasn't sure when I drove to this hotel, it being in a dingy area. However, the hotel was fine. Staff friendly. Room clean and well maintained. The night porter didn't mind me knocking on the door to get in at 3 in the morning. Good breakfast. Altogether very nice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
luton
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We visited The Leaside for dinner and elected to sample the Mediterranean Tapas menu. The food was lovely, very well presented and portions a good size. Service was attentive and all in all it was a breath of fresh air to stumble on such a great menu! Will return without fail. Well done Leaside.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple