“Family birthday”

Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Luton
Dublin, Ireland
“Family birthday”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Just had a wonderful 2 night stay here for a family birthday. The staff were very pleasent and helpful. The rooms were clean and very well presented. The food was excellent. Great location for airport and shopping. Thank you for your great service and a lovely stay.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I recently held my wedding reception at the Leaside, and stayed overnight. The experience was wonderful. In particular, the event organiser, Janine, made arranging everything as simple as I could hope for. She had a "can do" attitude, discussed with me what we wanted from the reception, and offered elegant solutions when I worried that things might get complicated. The reception went off smoothly, and service was friendly at all times.

We stayed in a suite room, which absolutely blew me away. The air conditioning was also very welcome, given the heat-wave that was taking place at the time!

Overall, I would definitely book the Leaside again for future events.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew C
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

i recently stayed at the leaside hotel with my fiance as attending a family wedding in luton, we found the staff to be very welcoming and helpful, the hotel and bedrooms were nicely decorated and very clean, the breakfast which was included in our weekend deal was great, good variety and cooked to order. The outside sitting area is lovely, surrounded by flowers, it was great to sit out and have a cocktail, it felt as if we were abroad, i would definately recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in luton, great value for money and close to airport.

• Stayed July 2014
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Nice clean hotel, really enjoyed my stay, my only input is the need for a concierge to help customers with luggage or heavy luggage considering they do not have a lift in the hotel.

Also they can as well plan to provide a solution for the insects that bites which i believe the flowers in the location and a bit of bad dumping pond like gutter in front of the hotel attracts to the rooms,this insects bit me and that wasn't funny.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Doris-Nonso
Málaga, Andalucia, Spain
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I was invited to meet a friend who I had not seen for years to the Tapas restaurant at the Leaside Hotel the girl behind the bar was more interested in clearing the bar of glasses than serving us and the menu for Tapas is diabolical. I live in Spain and what was on offer did not even come close to what would be expected of a Tapas Bar. I ended up with a steak that was tough as old boots with a cook it yourself brick that everything stuck to. if you are going to serve a steak make sure it is edible and give a plate to eat it on. I do not expect to cook it myself This venue is overpriced and substandard I would never go for another meal or drink in this establishment

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bil G
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here in May for a few days. We were greeted with a warm welcome and taken to our room. Narrow staircase, no elevator, but that was fine since I had my husband to carry the luggage! The room was clean with a small bathroom. We had large pieces of luggage since we were doing quite a bit of travelling, so our luggage took up a lot of space on the floor. Our room had two skylights with room darkening blinds. The weather was great while we were there and it was so nice to wake up and look at clear blue skies! I have to say the owner was such a nice guy. He was kept busy with a communion and a couple of other parties on the weekend that we were there, but always went out of his way to chat to us. The only tip I would give the owners is to have a shelf in the shower stall to put toiletries, we had to leave them on the floor or on top of the shower door. Also to have a tap that hot and cold water comes from rather than two seperate taps, since the water gets so hot. I would definitely stay there again. Was walking distance to town center with shopping and dining. The only time we ate there was for breakfast and it was delicious. There was a full English breakfast or a continental breakfast. I thought the full breakfast would be too much and the owner offered to make us sandwiches. Always willing to go out of his way.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel is a very very nice place, with lovely people working there, the service was in top and the people was very helpful , we had a lovely room up under the roof and got great great food. I can highly recommend this place

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luton
Icon Hotel Luton
Holiday Inn Express Luton Airport
Wyboston Lakes Hotel
Wyboston Lakes Hotel
#1 of 2 in Wyboston

Been to The Leaside? Share your experiences!