“Unexpectedly great stay in Luton :)”
Review of The Leaside Hotel

The Leaside Hotel
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Luton
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I've just spent a week at the Leaside and can honestly say that I hadn't expected to find such a gem of a hotel given the reasonable price of the accommodation. The Leaside offers clean, nicely presented rooms with comfortable beds, free wi-fi and air-conditioning - a great bonus with the temperatures we're currently experiencing. The sun terrace is really lovely and has a friendly relaxed feel. There is an extensive menu and all the meals I ordered were beautifully cooked with good quality ingredients. It is possible to order dishes as tapas or Mains and everything is reasonably priced. Be warned, the mains come in very generous portions! Perhaps most importantly, the staff are great and nothing seems to be too much trouble. They create a very friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Finally, security in the hotel is high, with coded entry doors on the hallways to bedrooms which I personally welcomed as a woman staying on my own. Would have no hesitation in recommending to anyone visiting Luton.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Laura S

Reviewed 23 July 2014

On the 18th July, a busy Friday night my friend had organised a last minute 21st with the hotel and they did their very best to accommodate late arrivals, change of numbers and at times confusion around an evening with two other events. The staff managed it calmly and professionally with a smile on their faces providing us with service I haven't come across in a long time. Thank you and well done to all the girls behind the bar and the long suffering chef in the kitchen! Susan SPS Room 202 (thankfully air conditioned!)

Room Tip: We were at the top in room 202. Quiet and air conditioned. Small shower room but perfectly adequate...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Just had a wonderful 2 night stay here for a family birthday. The staff were very pleasent and helpful. The rooms were clean and very well presented. The food was excellent. Great location for airport and shopping. Thank you for your great service and a lovely stay.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I recently held my wedding reception at the Leaside, and stayed overnight. The experience was wonderful. In particular, the event organiser, Janine, made arranging everything as simple as I could hope for. She had a "can do" attitude, discussed with me what we wanted from the reception, and offered elegant solutions when I worried that things might get complicated. The reception went off smoothly, and service was friendly at all times.

We stayed in a suite room, which absolutely blew me away. The air conditioning was also very welcome, given the heat-wave that was taking place at the time!

Overall, I would definitely book the Leaside again for future events.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew C
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

i recently stayed at the leaside hotel with my fiance as attending a family wedding in luton, we found the staff to be very welcoming and helpful, the hotel and bedrooms were nicely decorated and very clean, the breakfast which was included in our weekend deal was great, good variety and cooked to order. The outside sitting area is lovely, surrounded by flowers, it was great to sit out and have a cocktail, it felt as if we were abroad, i would definately recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in luton, great value for money and close to airport.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Nice clean hotel, really enjoyed my stay, my only input is the need for a concierge to help customers with luggage or heavy luggage considering they do not have a lift in the hotel.

Also they can as well plan to provide a solution for the insects that bites which i believe the flowers in the location and a bit of bad dumping pond like gutter in front of the hotel attracts to the rooms,this insects bit me and that wasn't funny.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Doris-Nonso
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I was invited to meet a friend who I had not seen for years to the Tapas restaurant at the Leaside Hotel the girl behind the bar was more interested in clearing the bar of glasses than serving us and the menu for Tapas is diabolical. I live in Spain and what was on offer did not even come close to what would be expected of a Tapas Bar. I ended up with a steak that was tough as old boots with a cook it yourself brick that everything stuck to. if you are going to serve a steak make sure it is edible and give a plate to eat it on. I do not expect to cook it myself This venue is overpriced and substandard I would never go for another meal or drink in this establishment

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends