“Wine and Dine at Cappello's”
Review of Cappello's Restaurant Luton - CLOSED

Cappello's Restaurant Luton
Price range: US$10 - US$61
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Cappello’s is a modern restaurant with a chic design. Design and construction began in late 2008 and the grand opening took place on 28th November 2009. The area is split in half between Cappello’s restaurant and the Snug Lounge and Paino bar. In a traditional restaurant set up, Capello’s has a capacity of 60 covers and the Snug Lounge and Piano Bar seats 20 covers comfortably. The maximum seating capacity for the whole area is 120 covers. Since its opening Cappello’s has hosted a gala event for a large football team (which attracted 120 covers), three full Christmas programmes (including dinner discos in 2010 and 2011 which attracted over 1,000 guests each year), tribute nights and seasonal events such as Mothers Day and Easter lunches. To date, Cappello’s has had several menus and all have been focussed upon a Mediterranean theme. Many of the food suppliers currently used are local.Cappello’s is separated from the snug lounge by a lime green curtain. All of the chairs have been personally designed to create a matching colour scheme that runs throughout the hotel. An automatic playing grand piano sits in the corner of the lounge and creates the perfect atmosphere.In April 2011, the latest addition to the Cappello’s portfolio opened. Cappello’s opened a continental terraced area at the front side of the hotel facing Stuart Street and the town centre. The terrace contains two parasols and can hold 20 seated covers. It is accessed from both the street and also via a door in the Snug lounge.
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I have been here a few times. The food is good and the atmosphere too. To my surprise the last time I visited with my sister and husband they were holding a themed night which we told about when booking? I initially put my head in my hands as I was supposed to be giving my sister and her husband a wonderful Italian dining experience when it turned out to be a served set menu with a crooner singing away. It turned out to be a great evening though. Apparently they hold these once a month-but it would have been nice to know when booking. The only real grouse is that twice their stock of advertised drinks has run out-reasons being given that sorry there was a wedding the day before. Should I be sympathetic or think that's bad stock management? Apart from that a lovely experience overall.

There are newer reviews for Cappello's Restaurant Luton

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Well presented restaurant, lovely steak and chips but very good service. The bar manager was excellent - and recommended a very nice wine which certainly complimented the meal. Well priced and lovely evening. Would certainly return.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

food top class in a chilled out enviroment. If this was available in Glasgow I would visit for a meal with my wife.

1  Thank Garry C
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Earlier in the year we tried to book into Cappello's but were told there was a function on. Nothing strange in that, but I recently tried again and was pleased this time to get in. It was for a special occasion and two friends were travelling to see us. Imagine my surprise and disappointment to get a call just 6 hours prior to the meal to be told that there was a function on. Given that this took place on a Friday it has provided little time to book elsewhere as all the good restaurants are likely to be full up.

If it is a function venue (which is fair enough) then it shouldn't be advertised as a restaurant accepting public bookings. Given my experience with them I can't say I will be trying a third time to eat there.

So if you are booking for a special occasion be wary of last minute cancellations!

2  Thank Lutonian73
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Anyone who reads my Trip Advisor reviews will know I am a stickler for service and quality and I try to ensure a balanced summation of my experiences to the potential traveller of visitor. So to Capello's restaurant. I stayed at the Icon Hotel in Luton on business and didn't have much high hopes for this establishment which in fairness was due to my previous experiences of Luton Hotels and standards with staff speaking unintelligible English. Capello's is located in the Hotel and was a pleasant surprise and one that did exceed my expectations. Granted the menu is fairly limited and on the expensive side, the actual food was excellent, freshly made, hot and delicious, just as it should be you may say! However what really made my experience that much more pleasant was the excellent service from the Head Waiter who was very friendly, efficient and attentive without being a pain, witty and helpful when advising the diners on their menu and wine options and observing him engage with what I assume to be `regulars' it is clear he has built up a good rapport with his customers. My recommendation is for the owners to keep a hold of this guy as without him the experience may have been less positive.