“Nice room with a disappointing end..”
Review of Quality Skyline

Quality Skyline
Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in Luton
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The room I stayed in had a nice comfy bed and had contemporary furniture and a modern shower room. When I arrived the room was warm, curtains closed and I thought the window was open as I could feel a breeze and hear traffic

I decided I would keep the window open (not opening the curtains to check). In the morning I went to look out the window, pulled the curtain to the side........ No glass... Boarded up window with a huge gap around the sides...

Potentially this could have been a great stay... Im more shocked that they would even give that room to a paying guest.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank shauny1978

Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed at quality skyline hotel matter of it's location which is near to Luton airport , we walked in and no porter to help us out with our suitcases , not even to help us with it getting it on stairs as the lift is out of order , stairs carpet was dirty , room was ok mind there was no tv remote control and the bed sheet got marks on it .
I won't recommend it as I won't stay there again .

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stayed here but was not informed that there was a travellers wedding being held here the following evening and about 400 will be attending had to move car from car park and park up further as didnt want it broken into or vandalised. loads of noise bottles being broken guys fighting outside kids running around everywhere security had there hands cut out stopping alchol being taken onto premises from local off licence and fighting and constant litter picking of dissused bottles and glasses from outside of premises. Asked to speak to person incharge of security he turned up quickly and heard me voice my protest as the manager was to busy to listen and reassured me i was safe to go out and return to my room. on arrival back to hotel about 2330 there was a big fight happening outside Tazz saw me and ushered me saftey through the door i was really impressed by his customer service the manager was to be busy to listen to me again there was like 20 police cars, dogs ambulances on site apparently i was told someone had been stabbed seriously. i was highly impressed by the security but felt let down by the management of the hotel. i would like to thank Tazz and his team from swat management to making me feel safe and this also comes from other fellow customers on the night

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I booked this for the convenience and price but was disappointed upon arriving at the hotel. It is in dire need of a redocoratation on the outside and there are quite a lot of areas inside too. Saying that the staff were very helpful and friendly and the bedroom was much better than expected. It was very clean and reasonably modern. The breakfast wasn't at all bad.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Stayed here on a Saturday night and got excellent value. I dont know what hotel alot of the other reviewers stayed at but from check in, the staff were friendly, the place was well decorated and modern. The room was exceptionally clean, spacious & well decorated with modern tv's & bathroom facilities. Again at breakfast, the staff were friendly & the food good.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Well where do we start with this place ... On arrival the reception / bar area is very clean and looks modern etc .... but once you get the keycard and go up the stairs to the rooms you are greeted by a carpet that has more stains than a pebble dashed toilet. Looks like a dead body has been dragged through the landing while bleeding out all over the place, there were cracks in the walls and some filled over with pollyfilla but not painted over. I am then greeted by my room / pantry cupboard very basic and very small tv with no remote more stains on the carpet and a massive safe on a shelf the kind of safe james bond would have trouble getting into wtf do they think i have ? Gold bars / diamonds ?? Bathroom was grubby and in need or a good scrub. Only good thing was the bed was actually quite comfy!! unpacked and met work colleagues down stairs for a pint, bought a pint and had to wait for the bar guy to go the local shop and get me 50p change ha ha , we then sat down in the reception and found a remote for a large screen tv that had news on , upon trying to change the channel we managed to tune into an al qaeda generals meeting / abu hanzas clerical preachings show??? Breakfast was ok apart from being asked 3 times by two different staff what my room number was.
All in all this place is a joke and makes basil faulty and manuel seem like the ritz !!!
Needs demolishing and rebuilding !!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

For the amount of money we paid this hotel was incredibly good value (last minute.com) The room was of a good size, clean and airy. Reception was friendly. Would definitely stay here again. Good eating places nearby- mainly asian cuisine. Town centre 30 mins walk.

• Stayed: August 2013