“Prison would be better”
Review of Quality Skyline

Quality Skyline
Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in Luton
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Ive stayed in better caravans and hostels, unclean toilets, damaged furniture, overpriced food, no freeview tv reception 2 channels, no remote, stained sheets, i would recommend a prison cell to this dump

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank anonymous 20142

Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Booked a double room for business trip. Got there about 8pm staff were friendly, room was clean & spacious. Had a good night sleep. Checked out at 6.30am asked the woman on front desk if I could have a drink went into small dining room where there was a selection of hot & cold drinks and cakes. Nice budget hotel.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Alibeck123
Reviewed 15 January 2014

This hotel was booked through work for me.
After booking into this hotel ( on the second floor), I was then informed that the lift was broken. No matter, the stairs will be healthier for me.
The stairs could have done with a good hoover/wash and the walls could have done with a wipe down, but it was at the end of the day, so daily traffic up there could be a reason.
Anyway, I got to the room and noticed the road noise through the roof windows, but no matter, and then I banged my head in the bathroom, as it seemed I failed the criteria of being less than 5 foot tall to urinate safely ( the toilet was in the eaves and then lost height above).
Then I noticed the hair in the corner and the missed areas that don't get cleaned, but I thought, I'm only here 1 night so just chill out, so I looked for the TV remote, no joy!
I went down to reception, to be told the best excuse ever in my opinion, apparently, the rooms on the second floor don't have TV remotes, because they don't work at that height!?!
I did ask if the remotes had vertigo, but walked away before they asked me to explain.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank yorky_pride
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I stayed here in early December 2013 for business. It was a good price and the staff were friendly, and to be fair I did sleep well as it was quiet at the back, but the attention to detail was missing and I would summarise the hotel as grubby and tired. There were stained, dirty carpets which were never hoovered. Dodgy stains on the glass in the doors and dodgy stains on the cushions on my bed. Marks on the walls. Room and corridors were cold. The lift didn't feel safe and I took the stairs from the 2nd floor every time as a result. Peeling veneer to the furniture in the room, tired decor, and a weird fusty fruity smell drifted around (which seemed to be some sort of cheap air freshener designed to mask something else) to the point where my clothes reeked when I came home. Remote missing from the TV, spoon for the tea in the room was dirty, and wifi did not work.
The menu was limited and unappetising and was contained to a laminated white piece of paper. Due to the disgraceful condition of the hotel I never ate there during my stay as I wondered what state the kitchen was in if they couldn't keep the basics clean.
My car was scratched in the car park which I guess is not their problem, but it was a free for all when it came to bay marking - no marked bays and so people parked where they wanted, sometimes too close. I didn't feel comfortable leaving my car there at all despite their signs of CCTV etc...
On arrival at reception, which is the only thing that seems to be of a fair quality and is the main set of pictures in their online brochures (I suppose for that reason), there is a sign that points you to look at their google reviews, which are just as bad as the ones here so I don't really understand that. I have looked through the reviews and they have been bad for a while and so clearly no improvement has been made. I made the mistake of booking without reading them because of the expectation of a basic standard of hygiene etc.., and I won't be doing that again. If you want to stay here because its 'local to the airport', it will take you a good 30 minutes to drive there and is miles from the town centre so not really suitable for that either if you don't have transport of your own.
It is advertised better than it is and in my eyes is false advertising. I've seen cheaper hotels with a better level of cleanliness and facilities. I don't normally write bad reviews and I know people may be thinking that you get what you pay for, but this hotel literally is the worst I have ever stayed in in my entire life; they are clearly not learning from customer feedback and no one should have to pay at all to stay in surroundings like that.

Room Tip: The hotel is on a main road and frequently heard police sirens so stay at the back if you must. Take...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank LMR00
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Ok for business/necessary trips to luton. Basic otherwise. Clean room and warm, reception staff are friendly but breakfast was not appetising and breakfast room staff could have been nicer. Outside of hotel could do with clean up but at least the car park was free and the rooms were reasonably priced

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Stayed here on Saturday night just gone (7th Dec). And had a pleasant stay. In all honesty it is nothing special, but it does exactly what is needed for a good price. I arrived about 9pm on Saturday, leaving pretty early on Sunday, so nothing special was needed. Was greeted by a lovely lady on arrival. And she was still working hard when I left. She was very welcoming and ironed out the only slight problem, which was the chef being quite curt that we hadn't paid for breakfast prior to arrival (despite me having my card out and happy to pay). She seemingly took seniority (not sure if she was owner, or duty manager) and was happy for us to pay on check-out.

The hotel itself, room included does look quite tired - carpets, walls are stained and marked. Appeared someone had been smoking in the room I was in previously as the smoke alarm was wrapped up in the plastic bag. But a successful effort was made to cover this smell, and the room was presented well. Bed was impeccable. Good nights sleep.

Lastly after the payment issue was sorted breakfast was lovely.

Would stay again in similar circumstances. If you are looking for a plush hotel, this obviously isn't the one for you.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I can't describe in such a sort space how very bad this 'hotel' is.

Dirty carpets, unclean, door to room and furnishings damaged, sink in bathroom blocked so when you use the previous occupants shavings and hair floats to top, sink blocked for hours although the hotel does leave by the sink, a broken plastic hanger if you want to try and unblock, shower water barely warm, poor location as the road noise is so bad you cant possibly sleep. Hotel claims to be '2 minutes from M1' which would take some feat as at 1.8 miles in 30mph zones, it would be impossible - actually took 20 minutes which shouldn't be any issue but I don't like lies. Food in evening - full of water. Hotel generally 'rough', dirty and has nothing going for it.

Told staff at time about issues who smiled and asked me repeatedly for room number (again and again) but no action at all. In all fairness staff were polite and mean well but didn't do anything to resolve. In trying to give a fair review, I have to say breakfast was good, the only thing that was.

I also complained to hotel manager who emailed back with excuses (e.g. saying you can do 1.8 miles in 2 minutes and sorry hotel didn't mean my 'expectations'!!). They offered me just 20% discount - that was almost a month ago but guess what... they have never refunded it.

This hotel should be avoided at all costs....if they offered me a room and meal for free, I would not stop there. PLEASE PLEASE... avoid.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business