“Shoddy operation”

Comfort Hotel London Luton
Ranked #21 of 26 Hotels in Luton
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here whilst in a music tour as it was in route to next destination. Parking was an issue but the night worker was very helpfull in sorting us parking options. Room was dirty with cigarette ash on window ledge and dirty carpets that didn't look like they had been cleaned in a while. There were cobwebs and every corner and edge of room was dusty and dirty so cleaning is really an issue. Train line ran right next to hotel also so rest was very difficult as was the noise from squeaking doors outside room. All in all I got 3 hours sleep in this place. Never again will I book a comfort hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed in Comfort hotel in July with my husband for 5 days. We chose this hotel because it was the best value for money. Our room was very clean and comfortable, nice decorated... the staff were excellent, very helpful , and very polite... when we sat in the lounge area, were served with coffee, they also had time to talk to us every day for a few minutes. We would definitely stay there again, also will recommend this hotel for everyone...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Amalia B
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I stayed at the hotel few weeks ago. The staff were helpful and friendly. We got free upgrade to an executive double room. The room was very clean, new decorated and spacious, good location, close to train station, shops around... The hotel has the necessary that you need, free parking. I made a reservation for next week again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank JASMINE V
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 1 night due to a flight outta Luton. Train station directly outside of our room. The room wasnt ready when we arrived...perhaps because maid Wes texting on he phone instead of working. I decided to go outside for a smoke only to find a dead pigeon and a multitude of rat traps surrounding the building. The beds were horrible. Which was why i decided to knock myself out with a sleeping pill. I was able to seep dispite the noise and the bright lights shining directly in our room window. Four hours into our sleep, the phone started ringing for no reason. I called the desk and was told to unplug it wtf!! There is no smoking at this hotel but the smell of cigarette smoke would've been less offensive than the smell of this hotel. In fact im up writing this review because i was woken up with unasked for wake up call. When i called the desk they said unplug the phone. So i am now wide awake. I beg anyone thinking of saving money and booking a room here...dont. My friend booked this room and didnt check trip advisor first. Once i read the actual reviews i knew this would have not been considered as an option. Never ever again!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 17 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Stayed in this hotel 1 week ago with my sisters. we had booked this hotel as there were a lot of people from London visiting Luton the same weekend for a function. The staff were really helpful and accommodating. this hotel is only a 4 minute walk from the train station. lots of food places near by to eat. HOWEVER.........
The first room we were put in was dirty! the walls had both lipstick and foundation/power on them and when the toilet was flushed a terrible smell of sewage/drains filled the whole room! so we asked to be moved as was. however the sewage smell somehow remained in the hallway and in the morning the sewage smell was still there!. .. a total disappointment. couldn't really have the window open for long as this hotel is on a busy high street and extremely noisy. hotel pictures on the website are very misleading.
i/we would never stay her again

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank maryanne123456
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Positives first: Only 2 minutes walk from the railway station (There are 2 exits and noone at the station has heard of the comfort hotel so when you come off the platforms take the exit to the right). All the receptionists on duty were extremely pleasant and helpful although it would have been nice if someone had offered to help carry my suitcase up the stairs instead of watching me struggling on my own. Room was a nice size and clean as far as I could tell.
Negatives: When I got there on a day that the temperature was at least in the high 20s, I found the heating was on full blast. I had to immediately turn the radiators right down, then go out for the afternoon otherwise I would have perished. One small observation the toilet is right at the end of the bath and if you are not careful when you are sitting on the toilet you could get a nasty scrape from the sharp corner of the bath. I think it should at least be covered with foam or something. The price of a continental breakfast at an extra £6.50 can only be described as exorbitent. All I had was weetabix, two slices of toast, a cup of tea and a hard boiled egg that was inedible as although the yolk was cooked through, the white of the egg wasn't. The room was extremely noisy due to the volume of busy traffic all through the night but as it is so close to the station I was expecting this and it wasn't as noisy as some places I have stayed in.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo