“Overnight stay”

Comfort Hotel London Luton
Ranked #21 of 26 Hotels in Luton
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here pre early morning flight to save driving overnight .
Paid extra for 'executive' room , which in itself wAs ok but the position of room was awful .
Parallel with busy outside street where traffic was constant and stopping outside window for traffic lights .
Also noisy party of people in corridor lot of the night which staff did not reprimand so all in all no sleep so purpose of stay defeated.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy P

Reviewed 24 April 2014

In need of a budget room for an overnight stay as we were checking in 5pm and out the next morning at 4am this property was adequate in cost and location.

It amazes me that on these reviews people expect Hilton Hotel Rooms and are surprised that for £41 which is what I paid thru Expedia to have a few niggles when they check in on the day.

Yes the property I stayed in room 216 and be it clean the room was tired and in need of a lick of paint and a good spring clean as dust was apparent but it's the hotels owners that need addressing not the staff as you can tell with a bit of love & TLC this hotel could be brought back to life and could be back online with no bad reviews.

Yes I had a choice but as Easy Hotel offering a prison cell room with no windows, extra charges for WIFI and remote control for TV this property included all this and was £10 cheaper.

As I said in the start you get what you pay for and for £41 we was pleased

If you want anything nicer then pay the cost !!!!

Room Tip: Noisy traffic at front of hotel ask for rear rooms for less noise
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul S
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed in this hotel for one night & have no complaints. Reception staff were friendly & efficient. The room was fine as was the en-suite. Close to railway station, airport & the town centre facilities.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Darren K
Reviewed 21 April 2014

As soon as you stepped in from the car park there was a funny smell about the place. We had 2 rooms side by side and one of them had a really peculiar chemical smell, which we just put down to cleaning the toilet, and the window was open. But the drain smell was overwhelming by the evening, and our complaints to the staff were without result, they didn't think it had anything to do with them, we weren't offered a different room, and more bleach chucked at it was all that happened. It wasn't just our room either, at times it affected the corridors or even the dining room. Add to that the uncomfortable beds, expensive and barely adequate breakfast, windows that didn't lock, the general lack of cleanliness and the noise from the road on one side and the high speed trains on the other, and you have the worst hotel experience we have had in this country. Do yourself a favour, if you have to stay in Luton, find somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 744Deb_T
LHGManagement, General Manager at Comfort Hotel London Luton, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for posting your recent review to tripadvisor following your stay.

We truly value the opinions of our customers and I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

Our staff recall that one of our guest rooms had an issue with a sink recently. Housekeeping addressed the issue immediately, leaving the bathroom free of any drainage issues. There certainly were no car park drainage problems, nor any problems within the corridors. None of our front desk would ever make a guest feel as if they were not on hand to help.

Should a room change have been requested, our staff would certainly not ignore a guest request. A room change would have been made if the hotel was not full. On checking guest notes, no room change was requested.

Please note that all our 22 Standard rooms and 22 Executive rooms had a major refurbishment last year. So we are surprised to hear your comments in regards to the beds being uncomfortable. And the hotel is maintained to the exacting standards of the Choice Hotels Brand, so there is clearly no lack of cleanliness whatsoever.

As our mission has always been to provide our guests with the best hospitality and service, should you decide to stay with the Comfort Hotel Luton in the future we would be more than happy to offer you a free upgrade to one of our Executive Rooms.

Finally, we are most disappointed to read that you found our breakfast expensive and barely adequate. Given that the Comfort Hotel Luton offers the best value unlimited buffet breakfast amongst its peer group of hotels in Luton. We will of course review the pricing and content of the breakfast again in any case.

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel were accommodating when I had an issue with the booking.on arrival the outside of the hotel looked really nice.the male receptionist was really rude and lacks customer service skills.when entering the room it was extremely pleasant.then I noticed that anything that was hung on the walls i.e. mirror,tv etc was lob sided like a child had done the DIY.i was shocked to find that the hotel had no air con considering it is situated by the train and bus station.so if you needed some air you had to open a window which you then had the delights of hearing trains,buses,traffic and people all night.i would not recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank katmc32
LHGManagement, General Manager at Comfort Hotel London Luton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for posting your recent review to tripadvisor following your stay.

Please note that all our 22 Standard rooms and 22 Executive rooms had a major refurbishment last year. So we are surprised to hear your comments in regards to the room décor looking like "child DIY". In addition, we do have Comfort Cooling in the select Executive Rooms. Hopefully you will return, and we can accommodate you in one of these rooms.

Finally, we are most disappointed to read that our staff have not met the customer service you righty deserve at the Comfort Hotel Luton. We shall be reviewing this incident as soon as possible.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

It seems from reading other reviews that I may just have been lucky with the room I was allocated but everything was clean, tidy and in order.
This is a no-frills place, located a very short walk from Luton railway station (the town centre one, not the airport one). As such, although hotel facilites are limited - though you can get a small selection of alcoholic and soft drinks, crisps, nuts, etc - it is less than a 5 minute walk from all the facilites of the town centre (and they have no problem, on my experience, with you bringing takeaway food in).
The downside of the location is that there is no truly quiet spot. You are either on a main road, or the railway tracks, though the rooms overlooking the car park are, I think, the best of the bunch. This is what I had and, though I tend to be a light sleeper, I slept well.
I stayed here for a (short) night before an early flight out of Luton Airport. I simply wanted a cheap, comfortable place to lay my head and, on that basis, this delivered completely.
Public transport (train and bus) links to the airport are good on paper (I didn't use them) and my taxi was less than £10.
The staff I met on check in and check out were helpful and polite.
All in all, it was simple, cheap, comfortable and, for what it is, more than adequate for my needs.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I booked this hotel because of the pictures of beds that looked modern, comfy and soft with fluffy pillows, right ? WRONG !! I was staggered to find old mattresses with springs poking through and thin flattened pillows. Those pictures must have been 10 years old. If you're looking for a good night's sleep before an early morning flight, pay a few pounds more and go to a reliable chain hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank jensen22
LHGManagement, General Manager at Comfort Hotel London Luton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you for posting your recent review to tripadvisor following your stay.

Please note that all our 22 Standard rooms and 22 Executive rooms had a major refurbishment last year. We have replaced all bedroom and corridor carpets throughout along with the furniture and decor.

As our mission has always been to provide our guests with the best hospitality and service, should you decide to stay with the Comfort Hotel Luton in the future I would be more than happy to offer you a free upgrade to one of our Executive Rooms.