“Afternoon Tea”

Luton Hoo - Afternoon Tea
Reserve with OpenTable
Luton Hoo - Afternoon Tea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 358 Restaurants in Luton
Price range: US$0 - US$64
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 September 2018

Had afternoon tea here with a friend a lovely time and afternoon tea was great. A great walk in the ground very pretty.

Reviewed 1 September 2018

I had received a Gift Voucher for Luton Hoo and decided to book an Afternoon Tea for the family. We were welcomed by the doorman, however I was so disappointed that our Tea area was not in the main lounge as discussed on the phone. I was told there was a wedding on and the lounge was occupied. It was, by other Afternoon Tea customers! I let it go, but I wasn’t happy. The staff were attentive sometimes, and completely absent at others. The sofas were uncomfortable and far too deep and we ended up slumping backwards!

As to the Afternoon Tea, some of the sandwiches were bland (the wasabi & cucumber and the salmon). The cheese, chicken and beef ones were lovely, The scones were delicious, and the waiter heard us discussing we had finished the cream and jam, and he swiftly brought out more. The little cakes weren’t bad, but for £40 a head I just expected better food. Were they homemade? To be honest I’ve had a better Afternoon Tea at my local garden centre where everything is fresh and homemade.

Luton Hoo is a beautiful place and I know we are paying for the surroundings, but they really need to up their game food wise. Beautiful decor is no excuse for average food.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I must say that the atmosphere you have sitting in a grand room, with first class services from the initial greeting to the food i must say this is an existence that needs to be explored. I would love to come apart of this great hotel as have experience in customer service. I recommended the orange abd ginger tea

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Wonderful experience.. Affordable.. Sitting in a lovely garden flowers and beautiful scents. Tea and scones .. All dressed up .. It's a lovely experience and well worth the visit.
Friendly and welcoming staff and beautiful surroundings. Recommend for friends or couples. Can't beat it on a summers afternoon.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Terrible service terrible food, waited 40 mins for Frist drink then further 30 mins for sandwiches by then tea was cold! Had to ask for refill 3 times and another 45 mins wait to get refill! Didn't see any waiters again after that, food was also terrible quality, shame it's such bad service in such lovely location will not be visiting again