“Best customer service ever”

Holiday Inn Express Luton Airport
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Luton
“Best customer service ever”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We had booked hotel to stay the night before we flew from Luton airport. It is the closest hotel to the airport a mere 5 minute walk and in fact the planes are just behind the fence in the car park.
For some reason we had booked our car into the short term car park rather than park at the hotel.
Long story short we went to visit some relatives in the evening and whilst on the way back to the short term car park we had a puncture around midnight. As I have a company car I rang the lease company to arrange for a new tyre. I was informed they were closed and I would have to be recovered and then the tyre replaced the following day. I explained I was staying at Holiday Inn express, car was going to be in short stay car park and I would not be here in the morning to sort tyre as I was flying out at 5am. They were most unhelpful and said they cannot recover me or repair me in paid car parks and I must ring myself in the morning to sort tyre and I had to be there when they came as I needed to sign paperwork. I rang the hotel and spoke to Paul who was fantastic and said let them bring you back to the hotel and we will ensure they can drop you off and repair tyre without being charged to come into the car park. If you leave the key here we can arrange for the tyre to be changed in the morning and sign the paperwork so you can drive straight home when you return. True to his word this is exactly what happened and in fact they did not even charge us for leaving our car in the car park for 2 nights. What a star Paul was, thanks Paul we really appreciate it and what a great hotel and I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

1 Thank Mark S
Catherine B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Luton Airport, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review about your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express.

I am delighted to here that you were impressed by the customer service you received. All of our team try to go above and beyond customer expectations to ensure that all our guests are truly satisfied.

I am glad that everything worked out well with your car, and I will be passing on your kind comments to Paul.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

There were plenty of spaces available in the car park when we arrived on Sunday afternoon - a good start to our stay.
Check-in was friendly & efficient & we were quickly in our room overlooking the business jet ramp.
Enjoyed an evening meal in the restaurant, chunky chips feature heavily on the menu and it would be nice to see a few more vegetable/salad choices included.
Bed was extremely comfortable & the air conditioning quiet & effective, so had good nights sleep.
Breakfast was basic, but kept well stocked and tables were cleared quickly.
Very good for an overnight stay.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MLW28
Catherine B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Luton Airport, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us.

I'm delighted to hear that you found your check in experience efficient and the hotel room met your expectations. It's lovely to hear that you found our beds comfortable and you had a good nights sleep.

In regards to the evening menu, i will ensure that i pass your comments onto the relevant people but i am happy to hear that you enjoyed your evening meal.

The team here at the Holiday Inn Express hope to welcome you back here in the future.

Kind Regards

Michelle Rolt
Guest Service Manager
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We arrived at this hotel on a very busy evening. We were greeted by a lovely gentleman by the name of Lee. As soon as he started talking, we knew that we were in a good place. However, it didn't stop there. We stayed in this lovely hotel for a total of 7 nights and we were very sad to have had to leave. The hotel is based right next to the airport so there are planes taking off and landing throughout the day and occasionally at night. The owners have accommodated guests by installed double windows that sufficiently block any noise. Over the duration of our stay we met Paul, the General Manager, Paul and his brother Mark at the front desk as well as a few of the ladies whom work at the front desk. (Sorry ladies but I cannot remember everyone's names). All of the people mentioned and some that I haven't mentioned went out of their way to make our stay special. These people were passionate about their customer service roles and performed them with absolute perfection. The room that we stayed in was, as I was informed, a standard room as were all other rooms in the hotel. I can assure anyone that the rooms at this hotel are clean, reasonably sized and most comfortable. We have stayed at a number of hotels around the world but the Holiday Inn Express at Luton Airport truly would be the VERY BEST experience that we have had yet.
On a different subject, I can use the words, Location, location, location. just a short walk down the stairs to the roadway, there is a bus stop. Here, you can catch a bus, for a very small amount of money, travel to the railway station, buy a go anywhere travel card and head into London.
The attention to detail and our comfort was absolutely mindblowing!! The whole staff at this hotel are a credit to the hospitality industry. The staff are from all walks of life but come together perfectly to provide a perfect stay. I am ecstatic to be able to recommend this hotel to any travellers looking for a comfortable place to stay with access to London and its suburbs. We WILL certainly stay here again! Some of the staff are now our friends and not just staff at a hotel that we stayed at. I can't say thankyou enough!! AAAAAAAAAA++++++++

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking out to the opposite side of the airport, although I am positive that you will...
1 Thank SMFMark
Wow! What a lovely responce !

We really look forward to seeing you both again in the very near future.

England
Reviewed 6 July 2014

After big trip landed on Luton , very tired so v look Hotels near by find the Holiday Inn express .
warm welcome and immediate response and neat n tidy , am afraid of eating in the restaurant so looking for other near restaurant but i couldn't find . v r starving so went to holiday inn restaurant n took the dinner m quite happy with that ...thanks to holiday inn.

1 Thank Abdulrahman12366
Catherine B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Luton Airport, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I'm really pleased to hear that you received a warm welcome and that you were happy with our restaurant offering. Thank you again for your feedback.

Kind regards

Catherine Benham
Deputy General Manager
Marseille, France
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Ridiculously loud air conditiong. I kept thinking one of the aeroplanes was coming in.

Crumbs on the bed - I really hope that's because the maid ate a biscuit and not that we shared the sheets with the previous occupants.

That said, the staff were lovely, and it's newish and feels it.

So a bit of a mixed bag really.

Won't go back and wouldn't recommend it. I'll try the Ibis across the road next time. And in all honesty if it weren't for the crumbs I probably wouldn't even have written a review.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank rm124
Catherine B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Luton Airport, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you taking the time to review your previous stay.

I'm sorry to hear that you had some issues in your room, and have passed your comments on to the relevant departments. I can assure you that our rooms are always cleaned to a high standard, and we always change all of the linen in the rooms after each guests stay.

I'm happy to hear that you found the staff lovely, and I do hope that we can welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Express Luton Airport for you to experience our usual high standards.

Thank you again for your feedback- we will be taking it all on board.

Kind regards

Catherine Benham
Deputy General Manager
Uk
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed on a Friday night before a flight. Efficient check in, quiet room and very quick check out. For a hie it was very good and would recommend. Even found a parking space. One of the most positive things about Luton airport

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MarkMo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to right a review about your recent stay at the hotel.

I am delighted to hear that your check in and check out experience was efficient and that you found your room quiet.

I am happy to hear that you would recommend our hotels to others and we do hope to see you again in the future,

Kind Regards

Michelle Rolt
Guest Service Manager
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed here a night before an early flight. All good, and £105 (pre-paid) for a one night stay and 8 days car parking on site is very good value. Restaurant very basic but no complaints about my fish and chips! A £6 taxi ride to the terminal is infinitely preferable to walking there,since although it is only a ten minute walk the route takes you down a flight of steps, under one of the runways, and although OK with hand luggage would be a strenuous start to the holiday with suitcases.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Martin D
Catherine B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Luton Airport, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express.

I am delighted to hear that you found your park and fly package value for money.

Like you stated, there are a few different ways of getting to the airport. If you are travelling with a lot of luggage then we do suggest that you either take a taxi (which we can arrange for you) or you could make use of the airport shuttle service. Alternatively you can walk to the airport in under ten minutes.

I am glad that you enjoyed your fish and chips and I hope you will return in the near future to sample one of our other dishes.