“Staff are too Clickey”

David Lloyd Luton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Staff are too Clickey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I have been a member since the beginning and have seen a number of changes over the years. The staff used to be friendly and have time to say hello even if they did not know you, this included the gym staff.
In the recent year or so, I have found that the Staff especially certain gym staff have got clicky and think they is better than everyone else. They only talk to people who are either their PT clients or come to their classes and one day they will say hello and the next they will act as if they don’t know you which I find very unprofessional. They definitely need to be trained in Customer Services!!!!!
About the people that go there, well, there are a few that are really friendly and have time to say hello and take an interest and there are definitely a clicky bunches of people too. In the mornings, you will definitely see the same women day in and day out, like an episode of Housewives of Orange County, with their Coffee Mornings and no time in the world (been there for over three hours), whereas there are lovely genuine people out there too, who just come in and straight back out.

It will definitely make you feel like you are in some reality series

8 Thank Spoiler1213

London
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Let's see if it's worth the money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I've just joined gym signed a rolling contract so can cancel when I need to to so. I shall try out the facilities look very good the pool quiet
I do agree there with a previous comment re the pompous woman with kids bragging about school etc but each to there own I shall give it a try and if it doesn't work out I shall cancel contract
I had to pay a joining fee I get July free if I do not like I have to give a months notice then I can cancel so I shall find out if it's worth the money it if isn't I shall cancel it

1 Thank jaynie47
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“X members wanting to rejoin the club”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Rang this morning with genuine intention to rejoin the club with my wife..

Was put off straight away because the lady I spoke to would not give me a monthly charge to discuss with my wife in evening.. After pushing her for several minutes she confirmed it would be betwen £75 and £90 a month per person..Still no specific cost for x members and then it was dropped into conversation that it would cost an additional £36 one off fee to join per person..

I am not a mug and i know exactly when they are trying to push you down a particular membership.. Just wanted a monthly rolling contract ( not 3 months) with some honesty on the price with a discount for being a member in the past..

Staff need to be trained a lot better as there is so much choice out there and I am now totally put off from rejoining and i am being HONEST!!

8 Thank Huggy007
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“A lot of money for what it is.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Set in a good location just off of the M1, right by the airport, the fitness club over looks the runway which is great when your running. The facilities are good and well maintained but i think for the monthly membership cost, i would expect more from the staff and more benefits.

Worth trying but there are definitely better value gyms out there.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank SMH1990
Dunstable, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great gym but overpriced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

lovely gym with a great reputation but i cant justify 75 a month on a gym i love th epool and jaccuzis and now offer spa stuff too but the cost is too much

Visited June 2013