“Nice, clean, modern”

Holiday Inn London - Luton Airport
Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in Luton
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for one night last month due to work. Was perfectly adequate. The lady on reception was a little blunt and could have adopted a friendlier approach. Room was fine, clean, large and spacious. Comfy bed and nice wet room. Can't comment on the eating / drinking facilities as I didn't use them, I chose to go to the Beefeater Grill 5 minutes away. The hotel bar seemed busy enough though.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
ManagerEncoreLuton, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Luton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give your comments.

I am glad to see that overall you enjoyed your stay.

Next time in the Hotel try our Carvery which is great value for money along with our menu which is very popular with guests who can choose from a variety of dishes from the old favourites like beer battered Haddock and chips to our famous Homemade bean Burger,salads,or pasta.

I am sorry that you did not get the welcome that our guests have be accustomed to on arrival at the Hotel.We will take your comments up the team.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the Hotel in the not to distant future.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

This was a late booking on a business trip that over-ran and, being Luton, I wasn't expecting great things. But wow! This must be one of the best hotels I've stayed in. Very reasonable price-wise, comfortable, with spacious rooms, good food and VERY friendly staff who just seem to go the extra mile to be helpful (the restaurant as closed but they were able to find some garlic bread to go with my bar snack, I had to nip out for something - they waived the parking charge when I came back, there was a small problem with my booking "don't worry about it we can sort it out for free"). Also the WIFI in this hotel is not only free it is amazingly fast. I was so pleased with my stay I came back after checking out to finish my work off in the bar and have something else to eat. Why can't all hotels be like this?

Room Tip: As for an upstairs room overlooking the runway - it's a good distraction when you're trying...

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your post.

Thank you for your compliments regarding all aspects of you stay and what better recommendation then coming back for a snack.

I will pass your comments on to the team.

Its great to see that you found the Hotel value for money and when in Luton next, we hope the Hotel would be your first choice and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Stayed here three nights last week. A very enjoyable stay. The staff were very friendly and helpful. For a hotel near to London and airport I found the food and drinks very reasonable .
Free wifi was a bonus.

Considering how near the hotel is to the airport you could not hear any noise in the rooms.

The only thing that I didn't like was that the beds had castors on and slid around on the laminated floors.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Its great that you had an enjoyable stay and found our food and beverage prices to be value for money.

I am sorry for the problem you encountered be assured that this will be rectified and we are doing so in all rooms.

we look to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

The hotel is fine, clean with good rooms. Came in late and went out early so cannot comment of food or drink. Staff very friendly and helpful. Very convenient for airport terminal. Early morning I didn't wait for bus and it was easy walk to terminal

So the hotel was good but I booked a hotel and parking package. I thought parking would be close by not a couple of miles away. Again staff friendly and helpful which was just as well as check out machine didn't want to give several of us our car keys.

Would use hotel again but not the parking. Would pay extra for on airport parking

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
ManagerEncoreLuton, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Luton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments.

Its great that you enjoyed your short stay at the Hotel.

Unfortunately the car parking that you booked is nothing to do with the Hotel and is through a third party sight.
If you forward the details we can then speak to them about using our Hotel.

When flying from Luton next time you may want to look at the Hotels park and fly package.

I hope that when flying from Luton you will use the Hotel again

Kind Regards

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed here the night prior to flying out of Luton on business. I didn't felt to the hotel until midnight and found the night porter exceptional in the way get checked me in and explained what the hotel offered. The room was very clean and comfortable and the staff in the morning were great. They did an offer of leave the car for £5/night which was great being so close to the hotel. Upon my return I had a few phone calls to make and video conferences which I did in a quiet corner of the bar; again the staff were great ensuring I was close to a power socket and keeping me replenished with tea! Great service.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
ManagerEncoreLuton, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Luton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to see that you were given a warm welcome from our nights team and i will pass on your comments.

I will pass your comments on to the rest of the team and its good to hear that they were able to meet your needs on your return.

Thank you for your comments .

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Lovely big open reception and bar area. Had a very nice welcome at reception. The room is basic and hard laminate floors don't make the room very appealing. Bed was comfy and the air con worked well. The restaurant showed signs of promise, but the carvery wasn't all that good. Meat was over cooked, plates were cold, vegetables although well cooked but weren't all that hot. I also thought it was overpriced for what it was and no-where near the standard you'd get in a Toby Carvery. All in all the stay was ok but on a par with the Holiday Inn Express across the road.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments.

I am glad to see that you liked the lounge area and that you liked the bedroom.

I apologise for the problems you encountered at the Carvery,this is not the normally high standards that we strive for.

I hope we can welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards