“Weekend Woburn Stay”

Holiday Inn London - Luton Airport
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Luton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Wolverhampton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed at the hotel for one night as I was working in the airport, the room was lovely and the reception staff were great.

But I got in about 10pm had a shower and watched some telly and got to bed around 11:30 around 12pm there were some horrendous clicking noise from the ceiling and corner of the room and a weird noise through out the night I left the hotel at around 4:30 in the morning as I had to go to work.
Really should of said something but was too tired.

Such a shame as it was a lovely hotel

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

ManagerEncoreLuton, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Luton Airport, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

I will pass your comments on to the team and its good to hear that you had a great welcome to the Hotel.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the style of our rooms and found them to be comfortable.

I am indeed sorry that you that your sleep was disturbed and we will look into the problem and I apologise for the inconvenience that was caused to your self.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Hotel is clean, comfortable and contemporary. Rooms are a good size and open plan. There is some noise from the airport. Good is average price for a hotel. Drinks were very pricey £2.50 for a soda and lime. Carvery was a good price of £12.50 which included salad, soup starter, plenty of vegetables and carved meat.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments.

Let me start by saying its great that you enjoyed your stay and that you felt the Carvery was of good quality and value for money.

Our bar prices are in line with what you would normally pay at a pub. The £2.50 that you were charged represents a pint of lime and Soda, if this was not the case please get in touch so that I can investigate what happened.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the Hotel when your next visiting Luton.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Clean, friendly. Free parking for guests. Surprisingly busy with guests or visitors in the bar in the evening. Rooms clean and modern, exactly as expected for a 3* airport hotel. No fridge in room. Efficient reception.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is quieter with better views.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank for taking the time to post your comments.

Its great to see that you enjoyed your stay and liked the Hotel.

Hopefully we can welcome you back in the near Future.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Booked on an Amazon Woburn Safari deal for a family of 4. Room was a family room, which was basically a double with a sofa bed. When the bed was opened it left very little space at all, not a huge deal if you closed it until required, but the rooms aren't massive. They are however very modern and clean. Brilliant wet room style shower if you don't mind the mess they make. Only real problem as other reviewers have said is the terrible dinner. Carvery only (which is fine by me) but at 7pm the food looked and tasted like it had been there all day, staff appeared miserable. I have very low standards when it comes to food but none of our family enjoyed it. There was nothing for my vegetarian wife other than the 3 vegetables on offer. Breakfast on the other hand was the opposite, tons on offer, hot, tasty and friendly staff.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed the Woburn Safari Park Package that we put together and liked our rooms.

I am sorry that you did not like the carvery,and on the package it was clearly stated that the meal was a 3 course Carvery, however this should be of a good quality and I will speak to the chef as to why the meats were so dry. We would normally offer a vegetarian choice of dishes and then cook it fresh ,I am sorry on this occasion this did not happen .

I will speak to the team regarding your comments.

Whitley Bay
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Well placed for the airport which is a 10-15 minute walk.
The room was comfortable and clean. Asked for a quiet room and got just that!
Parking is on site, so really handy for a quick departure when we landed back at the airport.

One criticism. It was Sunday night and they only had a Cauvery served in the restaurant. Very strange. Also really disinterested bar staff. We ate at the hotel next door instead - Ibis - which had a good choice of decent food.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments.

I am glad to see that in general you enjoyed your stay.

I am sorry that you felt that you needed to eat else where, your comments along with other guests have been taken on board and we will be changing the menu in the near future hopefully by the end on June.

We will speak to the team regarding your comments.

I hope we can welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Worcester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Pretty good stay, room decent but not v big. Receptionist helpful and efficient. Bar staff friendly. Had steak sandwich ,not bad, but would try something else next time. Good as close to airport and could leave car at hotel for duration of trip. If flying from Luton I would use again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
ManagerEncoreLuton, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Luton Airport, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments.

Thank also for your recommendation, the fact that you say you would stay again .

I am pleased that you say that you enjoyed your stay and found the location good as well

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.