“Would Stay Again”

Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in Luton
Mayenne, France
“Would Stay Again”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Welcoming reception area, very helpful staff. Lovely room, exactly as we requested with walk-in shower. Light and airy room complete with air-conditioning. Could barely hear the planes. Fantastic evening meal. Good parking (could not spell "accessable parking" on the signs at the front of the hotel. Should of course be "accessible parking"!

Room Tip: We had room 217. At the back of the hotel with a walk-in wet room for disabled people. Absolutely...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jan661268
ManagerEncoreLuton, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Luton Airport, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your post.

I am glad to see that you had an enjoyable stay at the Hotel.

Regarding your comments on the food and that you thoroughly enjoyed your meal.

I must apologise for the incorrect spelling and we will attend to this.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Kind Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Alcala la Real, Spain
Reviewed 12 July 2014

As, I imagine, most guests do, we spent only one night here en route to more exotic parts. The double room equipment included an iron and board and tea/coffee etc. but the double bed was uncomfortably small by modern hotel standards. It's obviously a new hotel and the staff seem to be learning on the job. The wine to accompany our fairly bland dinner was 'plonked', without a word, unceremoniously on the table. All that said, for what it does it's good VFM.,

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments.

Its great to hear that you felt that your stay was value for money.

I am sorry that your stay was marred by poor service in the restaurant and I will ensure that our team are retrained In the art of wine service.

Our double beds are a standard double bed that you would find standard double bedded room in a Hotel and I apologise that you found this not to your liking.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel when next flying from Luton.

Durham
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights as part of a tour and was pleasantly surprised after initial disappointment. The hotel doesn't look very inviting from the exterior, and the room was rather basic. But after having a delicious steak in the restaurant and a comfortable nights sleep with no noise, I can say I was impressed by the standard of the hotel. The staff were very helpful and very efficient. The breakfast on both mornings were delicious. So on the whole, a pleasant stay all round.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments.

Its good to hear that you were impressed with the standards we strive for at the Hotel.

I will pass your comments on to the team and its great that your overall stay was enjoyable and importantly you had a good nights sleep.

I will pass your comments on to the chef about your steak and the quality of breakfast.

Thank you once again for your comments

Gillingham
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean and spacious room with excellent ensuite shower. Breakfast was good value (£5 with the voucher given by staff on our arrival) with a buffet offering a nice choice of hot and cold food. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

Its great to see that you would recommend the Hotel and importantly that you had an enjoyable stay.

I will pass your comments on to the team regarding the cleanliness of the rooms and them being friendly and helpful.

Its to hear that you found the breakfast value for money and that you enjoyed the choice of hot and cold items that were available.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future.

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I found myself staying at this hotel as I could not find anything in the locality, however it looked good on paper, so with the Ramada name I booked it.

On first impressions it is a pleasant modern design with a clean airy reception area, combined with the very efficient reception staff, I thought great a good place to stay. Dropped the bags in the room and noticed the wood style flooring which I thought how much more hygienic it would be..

Not having transport I decided to eat in the restaurant and the meal was fine for a budget type hotel and the Staff could not be any more friendly, Apart from a thumb in my ice cream?

Retired to my room for an early night as been travelling for 16 hours,but needed to complete some work, however the desk was on the small side and the chair was quite basic but managed to get on line, send some mails, and retire for the night.

I was woken abruptly at 12.30 am when my neighbour let the door slam shut, my phone fell off the bed side table! She then continued to walk up and down in her heels for about an hour, I kept thinking she will get in to bed shortly but it was about an hour before it went quiet!

I obviously got off to sleep at some point only to be woken again at 6 am with the clash of the wooden coat hangers banging on the wall and being dropped on the floor, then the shoes were back on while she took some time to get ready finally ending with another slamming of the door which once again rattled all the fittings in my room!

I understand that the hotel can not be responsible for the behaver of there guest , but the rooms should be designed and finished in such a way that this type of noise can not transfer as it clearly did during my stay.

The Bathroom in my room was also of a modern wet room design, but the lime scale on the floor is not a good look, nor were the poor lights that illuminate the mirror, I spent all day with a patch of stubble on my face that I had missed due to the poor lighting!

Upon departure I was asked my opinions of my stay and to be fair the pleasant receptionist did actuality take notes of my comments which was a pleasant surprise. Whilst I was disappointed with the stay but I believe with a bit of carpet and some better lighting this could be a good stay.

Room Tip: Away from the lift area.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
ManagerEncoreLuton, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Luton Airport, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments.

I am indeed sorry that your stay was marred by the noise from another guest.

We have not had a problem like this before, and certainly I would question that all the fittings rattled. All the rooms have been checked for noise, being so close to the Airport this was important .We have a number of Airline Businesses that use the Hotel for their crew and pilots, and we do not get complaints about noise when we speak to the account holders..

As you say we cannot be responsible for guests behaviour ,however we do try to address , if it arises, any issues a guest may have regarding being inconsiderate towards another or might affect another guests stay.

Please do give me a call so that we can discuss the matter.

I hope we can welcome you back to the Hotel in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Not a bad hotel, close to the airport, clean. Breakfast bad, horrible coffee and juices, really couldn t find anything good to eat. Ibis has a much better breakfast and is near this hotel. better off going there for breakfast. The rooms at Ibis are not as nice. Get a room at Ramada and have breakfast at Ibis :)

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

I am pleased to see that overall you enjoyed your stay and liked the Hotel.

I am sorry that it was marred by your dislike to our breakfast,of which we have had nothing but positive comments and like the coffee.

Please give me a call so that I can discuss you specific issues that you had with the breakfast.

Ireland
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Comfortable stay, room had tea/coffee making facilities, wifi, modern bathroom, no airport noise. Hotel is within walking distance to the airport, signposted "Hotels" from the terminal with a path and street lights, was ok to walk at night. It is also within walking distance to the train station (Luton Airport Parkway) but no signposts so check this route in advance. Hotel was fine for a short overnight stay before/after a flight. I would stay here again.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

Good to hear that you found the Hotel to be in a good location both for the Airport and Luton Parkway train station that has trains running into St Pancreas ,London.

We look forward to welcoming you back