“Almost Best in Class”

Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Luton
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Stayed here on business for three nights in early December. Although the hotel incorporates the Hilton brand name it is essentially a Holiday Inn Express type of accommodation. As such it compares very well with this standard and surpassed my expectation. The rooms are a good size and have plenty of sockets to plug in devices as well as ample room to work. Although next to the airport and railway line the hotel is well soundproofed and I slept well on a very comfortable bed.
The staff were very attentive and I was made to feel welcome throughout my stay. The breakfast buffet is excellent being of good quality and with plenty of choice of both hot and cold food. The one down side which has been mentioned on other posts is the standard and choice of food in the evening. On two nights my choice was not available and with the menu being quite limited this left me with very little to choose from and I am not a fussy eater!
I would certainly recommend this hotel as very good value for money and would have given it an excellent rating if it wasn't for the choice of food in the evening. Get that right and this hotel would be "best in class".

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Kashif R, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Martex,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a comfortable sleep. We strive to provide each and every guest of ours with the very best service and accommodation.
Regarding your comments, I am sorry to hear that your choice of dinner was not available upon your stay; our menus are set as per our Brand standards; however I am pleased to inform you that we have a variety of Menus filled with a wider selection of delicious high-quality food choices ready to be launched for the winter.

I therefore hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future to be a part of our continuous improvements.

Wishing you a Happy Christmas and Prosperous New Year,

Reviewed 3 December 2013

How to spoil a very good new modern hotel. Excellent rooms and location within walking of direct train to London. The lack of a basic restaurant turns this into a hotel where we would not return. The substitute bar food is poor, expensive and English hotel food at its very basic.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank david b
Kashif R, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear david b,

Thank you for filling out our questionnaire regarding your stay with us here at the Hampton by Hilton Luton Airport. Your feedback is appreciated and we ensure to take action where we can to improve our services based on the comments we receive.

Overall, I am extremely pleased to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Regarding your comments, our menus are set as per our Brand standards; however I am pleased to inform you that we have a variety of Menus filled with a wider selection of delicious high-quality food choices ready to be launched for the winter.

I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future to be a part of our continuous improvements

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for business in the past couple of weeks. The rooms are well sized and everything in the hotel is nice - gym, lobby, rooms, etc. You would expect this as it's a brand new hotel. The location is great: near the Luton airport and right next to the Airport Parkway rail station - we didn't have to worry about parking either, as there is plenty.

Breakfast is excellent, but dinner is overpriced and your money is better spent at nearby restaurants in Hitchin and Harpenden (short drives away). The local area offers great ethnic food, but be cautious as the vibe is a bit seedy.

This is certainly a fine hotel if you're in the area for business, or need to stay close to the airport to catch a flight.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Kashif R, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear SoCalSailor,

Thank you for your review.

I am extremely pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We strive to ensure that each and every guest of ours is 100% satisfied and if not we ensure to enforce resolutions where possible to restore your satisfaction. It is guests such as you that continue to motivate us to provide the very best services and accommodation.

I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Located 100m from platform 4 of the train station, and with an airport shuttle bus stop right outside (and plenty of parking), this hotel is in a great location for travellers.

It is a modern, well laid out hotel, and the Accomodation is very nice. The rooms have thoughtful touches such as power sockets at each bedside table to plug your phone into ( many hotels could follow this lead), and cleverly designed bathroom cum wardrobe (common door to save space).

Also, as it serves the airport, breakfast starts at 04:30 which I thought was brilliant, and saved me taking what the airport had to offer.

Everything is top marks, but for the droning noise all night. The rooms are not well sound insulated. As a result you hear everything from surrounding rooms (showers, toilets, bathroom fans), and the train station is audible, even though I was on the side facing away from the station. What drove me crazy however was a low pitched drone all night, which seemed to come from the forced vent system, that could not be turned off. Consequently, not much sleep, which kind of defeated the purpose of staying prior to an early morning flight.

I would still book again however, but taking ear plugs next time!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Hawthorn37,

Thank you for your review.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, however I hope you can accept my apologise regarding the complications you experienced at night with the ventilation system. These systems can switched off, however if you encountered any issues in doing this, you could have called reception, we would have been more than happy to assist you however I do understand it must have been quite late at night. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Here at the Hampton by Hilton Luton Airport Hotel we strive to ensure that each and every guest of ours is 100% satisfied.

I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future, and will ensure on the next occasion that your stay meets your 100% satisfaction!

On Behalf of GM,

Reviewed 30 November 2013

wonderful staff, quality food, clean room and amenities (even had a gym) other than a major confusion with preauthorisation fee and Hampton deducting twice the room rate fee rather than one off payment, helpful staff to resolve issue (IT glitch) room could have been cheaper though

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Momodou S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

I was delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.
I am pleased that you found our staff helpful and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Hilton's slightly cheaper brand - by Hampton

The rooms are good and quiet although the airport is very close. The stand out thing for me here is the staff. The guys and girls on reception are knowledgable, helpful and good at their jobs. The hotel is fairly new (2012, I think) and the fixtures and fittings are still in good nick.

The food is very average, eat out! The breakfast equally so. It's not that it's bad, it's just not that good. Hey, it's an airport hotel that doesn't cost an arm and a leg - if you want more, pay more

Room Tip: I have no idea what to put here. The train station is at the back, the road at the front. I've s...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Chris O,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Regarding your comments, our menus are currently set for a take of as the introduction of our new Winter Menus are about to be launched, not only that but we have a special Christmas Menu on its way filled with little delicious surprises. We aim to raise our standards based on the feedback we receive from our guests and therefore will continue to strive in perfecting the Hampton Experience for every Guest.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed for one night at the new Hampton Hilton in Luton, excellent rate and you have free breakfast which was delicious. staff were very helpful and the room was stunning. Good facilities which provided good hairdryer, plenty of towels and accessories for the bathroom. Really comfy bed as you would expect! Will stay here again for a longer stay, hopefully in January!

Don't be put off just because its by the airport... we never heard anything! :)

Easy to find and parking was easy (£5 charge on your bill)

Room Tip: We stayed in 106 overlooking the car park!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear zumba_11,

Thank you for your review. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We endeavour to provide the very best services, and are continuously motivated by guests such as you to further deliver beyond expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.