“new hotel with poor service” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport

Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Luton
Luton, United Kingdom
“new hotel with poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

spent a night for a christmas party very noise at 4am as pepole were getting up for what must have been the early flights there was no breakfast left at 9 when we went down poor customer service was told to email my complants to head office

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Kashif R, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Stephen P,

Thank you for bringing these points to my attention. I hope you can accept my apologies regarding the complications you encountered upon your stay with us. Here at the Hampton by Hilton, we endeavour to provide the very best service and accommodation for all our guests. It would be very beneficial if you could please provide your confirmation number, name and room number or alternatively contact me directly so that we could discuss the issues you had and possibly rectify your satisfaction. My contact details are provided below. Thank you.

(01582)798450

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

The food, cleanliness, location was perfect however the service was poor at best. The staff were rude and unwelcoming. Prior to service us the lady seemed pleasant to the older gentlemen, so I presume the problem was having a couple of a younger age staying in the hotel, however I paid for the same service the previous customer received. Not one bit impressed. Will not return

• Stayed March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear uffolk1995,

Thank you for your review. I hope you can accept my apologies on behalf of the staff you interacted with upon your arrival. Here at the Hampton by Hilton Luton Airport, we strive to ensure that every guest of ours is 100% satisfied, our staff are friendly and welcoming, they are trained to deliver only the best service for ensure you have a pleasant stay. Could you please provide further details (confirmation number, name and room number) so that I can open an investigation and resolve the issues you had? You can contact me directly via the details provided below.

Once again I hope you can accept my apologies and I hope we can come to a conclusion in ensuring your satisfaction is restored.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very nice and obviously recently opened,Everywhere is very clean and the rooms are modern and spacious.
Complimentary breakfast set us up well for our 10 am flight.
Only negative was having to pay for car park when resident in hotel.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Mal2303,

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your review. Regarding your comments our Euro car park is 3rd party, secure, and further aids to the train station as well as the Luton London Airport. I hope you can accept my apologies if this had caused any inconvenience, however the car parking charge is made clear to all guests before you confirm your booking and after your booking has been made.

I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

Stayed here on business for three nights in early December. Although the hotel incorporates the Hilton brand name it is essentially a Holiday Inn Express type of accommodation. As such it compares very well with this standard and surpassed my expectation. The rooms are a good size and have plenty of sockets to plug in devices as well as ample room to work. Although next to the airport and railway line the hotel is well soundproofed and I slept well on a very comfortable bed.
The staff were very attentive and I was made to feel welcome throughout my stay. The breakfast buffet is excellent being of good quality and with plenty of choice of both hot and cold food. The one down side which has been mentioned on other posts is the standard and choice of food in the evening. On two nights my choice was not available and with the menu being quite limited this left me with very little to choose from and I am not a fussy eater!
I would certainly recommend this hotel as very good value for money and would have given it an excellent rating if it wasn't for the choice of food in the evening. Get that right and this hotel would be "best in class".

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kashif R, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Martex,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a comfortable sleep. We strive to provide each and every guest of ours with the very best service and accommodation.
Regarding your comments, I am sorry to hear that your choice of dinner was not available upon your stay; our menus are set as per our Brand standards; however I am pleased to inform you that we have a variety of Menus filled with a wider selection of delicious high-quality food choices ready to be launched for the winter.

I therefore hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future to be a part of our continuous improvements.

Wishing you a Happy Christmas and Prosperous New Year,

annemasse
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

How to spoil a very good new modern hotel. Excellent rooms and location within walking of direct train to London. The lack of a basic restaurant turns this into a hotel where we would not return. The substitute bar food is poor, expensive and English hotel food at its very basic.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank david b
Kashif R, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear david b,

Thank you for filling out our questionnaire regarding your stay with us here at the Hampton by Hilton Luton Airport. Your feedback is appreciated and we ensure to take action where we can to improve our services based on the comments we receive.

Overall, I am extremely pleased to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Regarding your comments, our menus are set as per our Brand standards; however I am pleased to inform you that we have a variety of Menus filled with a wider selection of delicious high-quality food choices ready to be launched for the winter.

I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future to be a part of our continuous improvements

Huntington Beach, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for business in the past couple of weeks. The rooms are well sized and everything in the hotel is nice - gym, lobby, rooms, etc. You would expect this as it's a brand new hotel. The location is great: near the Luton airport and right next to the Airport Parkway rail station - we didn't have to worry about parking either, as there is plenty.

Breakfast is excellent, but dinner is overpriced and your money is better spent at nearby restaurants in Hitchin and Harpenden (short drives away). The local area offers great ethnic food, but be cautious as the vibe is a bit seedy.

This is certainly a fine hotel if you're in the area for business, or need to stay close to the airport to catch a flight.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Kashif R, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear SoCalSailor,

Thank you for your review.

I am extremely pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We strive to ensure that each and every guest of ours is 100% satisfied and if not we ensure to enforce resolutions where possible to restore your satisfaction. It is guests such as you that continue to motivate us to provide the very best services and accommodation.

I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Located 100m from platform 4 of the train station, and with an airport shuttle bus stop right outside (and plenty of parking), this hotel is in a great location for travellers.

It is a modern, well laid out hotel, and the Accomodation is very nice. The rooms have thoughtful touches such as power sockets at each bedside table to plug your phone into ( many hotels could follow this lead), and cleverly designed bathroom cum wardrobe (common door to save space).

Also, as it serves the airport, breakfast starts at 04:30 which I thought was brilliant, and saved me taking what the airport had to offer.

Everything is top marks, but for the droning noise all night. The rooms are not well sound insulated. As a result you hear everything from surrounding rooms (showers, toilets, bathroom fans), and the train station is audible, even though I was on the side facing away from the station. What drove me crazy however was a low pitched drone all night, which seemed to come from the forced vent system, that could not be turned off. Consequently, not much sleep, which kind of defeated the purpose of staying prior to an early morning flight.

I would still book again however, but taking ear plugs next time!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Hawthorn37,

Thank you for your review.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, however I hope you can accept my apologise regarding the complications you experienced at night with the ventilation system. These systems can switched off, however if you encountered any issues in doing this, you could have called reception, we would have been more than happy to assist you however I do understand it must have been quite late at night. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Here at the Hampton by Hilton Luton Airport Hotel we strive to ensure that each and every guest of ours is 100% satisfied.

I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future, and will ensure on the next occasion that your stay meets your 100% satisfaction!

On Behalf of GM,