“Fantastic service and accommodation ”

Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Luton
“Fantastic service and accommodation ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

This was a gem for a night over before local flight from Luton Airport to Inverness. It was surprisingly good value with excellent beds clean rooms and great complimentary breakfast . We asked for interconnecting rooms for kids aged 15 and 11. I would highly recommend it

Stayed January 2014
Kashif R, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Jonoclarkhoward,

Thank you for your review.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

(01582)798450

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

Booked a one night stay not really knowing what to expect. Hampton by Hilton is not a brand we were familiar with. Having hired a car from the airport, we discovered the hotel is actually closer to the terminal than the car hire center. Check in was quick an efficient with friendly service. For what we paid, the room was nothing short of amazing. I would place it in the category of a good 4 star city hotel, probably more similar to a main brand Hilton. Couldn't be more pleased in value for money. Only slight downside is the lack of somewhere to have dinner. Hot breakfast is really good, but restaurant not open at other times. Bar Snacks equivalent to a Travelodge or Premier Inn available, but not that's not really dinner. Luton poorly served for restaurants, frankly not the nicest place to be out after dark, so difficult to see a stay of more than 2 nights being satisfying from a food perspective. Otherwise, top marks. Good Job Hampton,

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Kashif R, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear HospitalityMan2013,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.
I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our services including check-in/out to be efficient.

Regarding your comments our Restaurant is open 24/7 serving from 11am to 10pm and thereafter we cater for a snack menu serving both hot and cold food. I am sorry that this did not benefit you and I have taken all comments on board. We aim to provide the best services for all guests and if not we take actions where we take to ensure your staisfaction is met.

I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you to the hotel I the future.

West Midlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

We booked a room for three adults for the night prior to an early morning flight. The hotel is modern and has a lovely clean and new feel with nothing tired and shabby. The staff were polite, helpful and friendly at all times.
The room rate was extremely reasonable and saved us the cost of booking two rooms.
Our room was large, modern and well furnished, the bathroom is fabulous with a shower to die for and lots of fluffy towels! My son slept on the sofa bed and had a good night's sleep. Our double was a good size with crisp, clean linen and was extremely comfortable. As the hotel is so new the power points are all handily positioned for laptops etc. Our room was on the side facing the airport and station and we really enjoyed watching the planes take off. The windows are however well insulated so noise wasn't a problem.
Previous reviewers disliked the casual dining arrangements but we found that they suited us. We had a baked potato with cheese and salad for £5.95 and Soup and bread for £4.95. We were travelling early the next day and really didn't want heavy, over priced restaurant dining. The food was tasty and good value and lots of people seemed to be enjoying the paninis, burgers and pizzas that were also on offer.
We were also really impressed with the breakfast arrangements as we had thought that our early flight would prevent us enjoying the complementary breakfast. The breakfast buffet opens at 4 am and whilst there was no hot, cooked food at this time (it is served a little later in the day) the self service choice of toast, croissants, muffins, cereals, fruit and yoghurt was all we required at that time of the morning.
The airport is a short drive away from the hotel. There is also an airport bus that stops just outside the hotel or the hotel has a discount rate with a local taxi firm.
We enjoyed our stay and have decided to revisit at another time so that we can enjoy a lie-in and then use the nearby station facilities to visit London for the day.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Kashif R, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Libbyfc,

Thank you for your review. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Here at the Hampton by Hilton Luton Airport we strive to ensure that every guest of ours is 100% satisfied. It is guests like you that continue to motivate us in providing the very best service and accommodation.

I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Weston Super Mare, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

I stayed here on business in early December and was very surprised that a prestige brand like Hilton allowed hotels under their umbrella to operate as such a poor standard.

When I arrived (having been told by the duty manager that I couldn't park in the VIP parking area despite the car park barrier being broken) there were three staff in reception (including the manager) but only one person dealing with the guests. It appeared that the receptionist deliberately 'played' at not being able to understand the foreign guest in front of me - who ended up leaving for another hotel!

As other reviews have said, the rooms are very comfortable and spacious, in fact they are very nice compared to other hotels in the area. However, the bar area was very 'bland', no atmosphere and not conducive to eating (just as well because the menu is equally poor).

To my mind, the biggest challenge to the Hotel Management is getting the customer service standards raised! Reviewers would, I'm sure, be a whole lot more forgiving if the staff acted in a more professional and service orientated manner.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Paul W,

Thank you for your review. I hope you can accept my sincere apologies regarding the complications you encountered upon your arrival and stay with us. I would like to possibly talk to you directly and discuss the points you raised. Please could you contact me via the details provided below so that I can resolve any issues and further restore your 100% satisfaction.

Luton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

spent a night for a christmas party very noise at 4am as pepole were getting up for what must have been the early flights there was no breakfast left at 9 when we went down poor customer service was told to email my complants to head office

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Stephen P,

Thank you for bringing these points to my attention. I hope you can accept my apologies regarding the complications you encountered upon your stay with us. Here at the Hampton by Hilton, we endeavour to provide the very best service and accommodation for all our guests. It would be very beneficial if you could please provide your confirmation number, name and room number or alternatively contact me directly so that we could discuss the issues you had and possibly rectify your satisfaction. My contact details are provided below. Thank you.

Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

The food, cleanliness, location was perfect however the service was poor at best. The staff were rude and unwelcoming. Prior to service us the lady seemed pleasant to the older gentlemen, so I presume the problem was having a couple of a younger age staying in the hotel, however I paid for the same service the previous customer received. Not one bit impressed. Will not return

• Stayed March 2013
Dear uffolk1995,

Thank you for your review. I hope you can accept my apologies on behalf of the staff you interacted with upon your arrival. Here at the Hampton by Hilton Luton Airport, we strive to ensure that every guest of ours is 100% satisfied, our staff are friendly and welcoming, they are trained to deliver only the best service for ensure you have a pleasant stay. Could you please provide further details (confirmation number, name and room number) so that I can open an investigation and resolve the issues you had? You can contact me directly via the details provided below.

Once again I hope you can accept my apologies and I hope we can come to a conclusion in ensuring your satisfaction is restored.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very nice and obviously recently opened,Everywhere is very clean and the rooms are modern and spacious.
Complimentary breakfast set us up well for our 10 am flight.
Only negative was having to pay for car park when resident in hotel.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Mal2303,

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your review. Regarding your comments our Euro car park is 3rd party, secure, and further aids to the train station as well as the Luton London Airport. I hope you can accept my apologies if this had caused any inconvenience, however the car parking charge is made clear to all guests before you confirm your booking and after your booking has been made.

I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.