“Very well equipped hotel with personal service”

Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Luton
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I stay at this hotel very frequently for business trips. The location is reasonable for the airport and it's attached to the Luton Airport Parkway train station, so it's good for onward travel; the downside is that it's a car ride away from the town centre or anywhere to eat, so expect to eat in the hotel if you don't have transport.

On every trip I have found the hotel to be spotlessly clean and well presented. The rooms are very well presented and designed, with some of the best hotel bathrooms I have experienced (though beware that they all have walk-in showers, so if you're into baths you may be disappointed).

The only big drawback to this hotel is the noise from flights and trains - if you're a light sleeper, ask for a room that's facing away from the train tracks, as the trains are actually noisier than the planes. Given the price I usually pay for the hotel, the noise appears to be priced in.

Despite this bring one of the more budget-oriented Hilton properties, I actually prefer it to the nearby Garden Inn; the Hampton is considerably newer and is much closer to the town, airport and train.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank largebrick
Rupesh G, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear largebrick,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

At the Hampton by Hilton Luton Hotel you can expect outstanding service and modern, newly renovated accommodations. The hotel is indeed located conveniently close to Luton Town Center, the train station and London Luton airport.

Additionally, our rooms are fully insulated however we will definitely investigate into reducing external sounds further.

It is truly an honor that you would choose our hotel for your future stays in Luton. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Larisha.garrib@hilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,221)

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Close to Airport was the main advantage. Very impressed with the decor and cleanliness - will use again. Dinner and breakfast were efficient and good quality of food. Bedroom was clean and impressive.

Dear AragonPreston,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

You can always expect outstanding service and modern, newly renovated accommodations at the Hampton by Hilton Luton Airport hotel

We strive to ensure that we uphold a customer focussed approach, especially as you are our Number 1 Priority! We work very hard to make sure that every guest departs from our hotel feeling content and stress-free; your comments will therefore be of great encouragement to the team.

It was a pleasure having you stay at our hotel, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

This is the second time I have stayed at an airport recently - and I should have learnt the lesson !
Yes it was convenient . Yes it was convenient. Yes it was convenient . Yes it was convenient. But that was just about it - for this money you need a steam room or a jacuzzi if not a pool. Did I say it was convenient ? Yes it was convenient - and I guess next time I fly through Luton I will stay further away and lament the inconvenience ! Hey ho .....
Room more than smart enough - but with it being an airport hotel a bath would have been nice as an option
It was convenient though .... Especially for a train into town ...
And the late supper was good

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear BruceHunter,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review regarding your recent stay with us.

I was pleased to read that you liked the room and found our hotel and location to be convenient. The convenience of the hotel's location at Luton Airport is matched by friendly service and comfortable surroundings.

All our rooms are newly renovated and feature brand new furnishings, including flat-screen TVs, coffee and tea facilities and comfy Hampton beds. Further, additional amenities and facilities included in the price at the hotel include a modern 24-hour fitness center, complimentary hot buffet breakfast, courtesy luggage storage and free high speed internet access.

Regarding your comments, we have large sized showers in our rooms that have proven to be of popular choice. We believe the prices we offer our guests based on the services, amenities, rooms and hospitality are the best value.

I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

This hotel has excellent sized bed rooms, spacious bathroom, quality furnishings, a great bed, smashing location but, the service is dire and this is from the top right down to the bottom.

The check in was regimented, faceless and cold. A girl who had more attitude than Madonna served dinner in the restaurant, I almost apologised for being there. The 0430am early morning call did not materialise, remember I am staying in an airport hotel and it is important that I get to the airport on time hence paying to stay here.

No manager on site day or night.

I get an email from the office administrator to please call “we would like to hear about your stay with us”, I tired to call three times no reply. I emailed and asked for the managers details and tried to call her 3 times today and guess what - no response. So from the top to the bottom the service is desperate - poor management I would say.

The vibrations and noise of the trains passing through Luton Parkway railway station was terrible.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not back on to the railway station
1  Thank Ian P
Rupesh G, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Ian P,

I hope you can accept my apologies regarding the complications you encountered upon your stay with us. I have to admit your comments have taken me by quite a surprise. We are committed to giving our guests the very best hospitality. I will definitely investigate into this matter to ensure it does not occur again.

Please be advised that I have taken all your comments very seriously and will discuss them with the team in hope that we can meet your needs in the future. Guest satisfaction is our Priority!

It would be very beneficial if you could please contact me vis the details provided below so that we could try to rectify yur satisfaction.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel for 2 working weeks. The rooms are very nice and comfortable.

However, one of the 2 elevators was out of use for the whole period resulting in regular queues. At checkout today, the manager told me they had orderd a spare from overseas. If we fixed our aircraft the way they fix their lifts, ...

The printer in the "business centre" was out of ink for the full 2 weeks. I raised the matter with reception; they told me that they had ordered a replacement cartridge and there was nothing more that they could do. At checkout, the manager told me that he didn't know. Well, he should have a system to tell him when there are deficiencies in his hotel. There is a PCWorld in Luton!

The restaurant is OK. The scrambled eggs at breakfast are best avoided. The evening meals give the impression that the kitchen has a good microwave and deep fat frier. There is nowhere else to eat within reasonable walking distance.

Overall, I paid over £100 per night. For that price, I expect better.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear DWMcC,

I hope you can accept my apologies regarding the elevators. Unfortunately it was under maintenance to ensure the safety of our guests. Our elevators are in full working order now. There are times in every business where these circumstances arise however we tried our very best to resolve the issue promptly.

Regarding your comments about the printer, our business rooms are generally fully equipped but thank you for bringing this to my attention; I will ensure that it does not happen again.
Should you have wanted to eat else where we could have arranged a taxi for you as the town center is a less than 5 minute journey from the hotel.

I can assure you that we strive to give our guests the very best experiences upon their stay, I hope you can accept my apologies regarding all the complications you encountered and I hope you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future; we would appreciate having the chance to rectify your satisfaction.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We found the hotel was perfect as we were catching a flight from Luton the next morning at 7.30am - so we were up early. We took the train from London and walked for 2 mins outside the station to the hotel - all so easy. Clean, friendly and quiet. perfect.

1  Thank Paul D
Rupesh G, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Paul D.

I was very pleased to read that you found our services and accommodation met your expectations.

We try in every way to exceed our guest’s expectations and provide the hospitality service that you they deserve, it is even more reassuring when they want to come back.

On Behalf of GM,

Reviewed 9 April 2014

stayed here for one night with my wife and 2 kids , hotel very nice , room spotless and had everything we needed . Had the continental breakfast at 4.30 in the morning , very good choice which really set us up fot the flight ahead . It was a 1 night stay with 4 days car parking and for what we got for the price was well worth it . Would definately stay here again

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear j7ck6rm

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

Here at the Hampton by Hilton Luton Airport, we strive to ensure that we uphold a customer focussed approach, especially as you are our Number 1 Priority! We work very hard to make sure that every guest departs from our hotel feeling content and stress-free; your comments will therefore be of great encouragement to the team.

On Behalf of GM,