“Perfect start to holidays, nice cocktails!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport

Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Luton
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Perfect start to holidays, nice cocktails!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We were made very welcome and the room was perfect for our stay. A lovely relaxing bar to relax in with either light meals or restaurant dining. Staff were very attentive very early in the morning for early flight. It was slight rain on the morning we left. Bus stop to airport just across the road. Receptionist offered to walk across with an umbrella, very good. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Very close to the airport, on site parking. Bus every half hour going and returning. Bustop just o...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Rupesh G, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear VivienneNottingham,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hampton by Hilton Luton Airport.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always motivating when we exceed our guest’s expectations and even more inspiring when they want to come back.
We strive to ensure that we uphold a customer focussed approach, especially as you are our Number 1 Priority! We work very hard to make sure that every guest departs from our hotel feeling content and stress-free; your comments will therefore be of great encouragement to the team.
It was a pleasure having you stay at our hotel, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

+44 (0) 1582 798450

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Jerusalem, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

A very basic motel style lodging house. The staff are very friendly and helpful but the hotel is furnished to a pretty low standard. It is a way out from Luton Airport with no shuttle. I heard that it compares well to the other hotels in the airport area so if I had to I guess I might stay there again as it was considerably cheaper and I got my Hilton points. No upgrades though, although I was told that I had "one of the best rooms", whatever that means as there are no executive rooms or lounge. I guess I was taken in by the name Hilton.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Nati1836,

Thank you for sharing your comments.

You can always expect outstanding service and modern, newly renovated accommodations at the Hampton by Hilton Luton Airport hotel, all guest and accessible rooms are newly renovated and feature brand new furnishings which include flat-screen TVs, coffee and tea facilities and comfy Hampton beds. In addition to comfortable guest rooms at an incredible value, this hotel at Luton Airport features a well-equipped business center, fitness room and a friendly bar, and onsite meeting rooms.

Regarding your comments, there is a bus service provided by Arriva which operates between the Hampton by Hilton Hotel and the Luton Airport with a journey time of approximately five minutes. The buses depart from outside the hotel every 15 minutes, 24 hours a day.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel I the future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

The hotel offers a haven of peace and tranquility making early morning departures or late evening arrivals a bit more bearable. Particularly convenient if arriving by train (nb take the side exit not the one for the airport shuttle) and the hotel is only a stones throw away. Spotlessly clean, staff friendly and efficient. Tasty bar food. Complimentary continental breakfast from 4.30 is v helpful.

Dear Paul R

Thank you for taking the tie to provide your feedback.

I was very pleased that you found our accommodation to be peaceful and tranquil, which is intentionally our aim, to create a calm, relaxed atmosphere.

We strive to ensure that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay, it is most encouraging to read that we have exceeded your expectations and I look forward to having the opportunity f welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed here one night prior to an early morning flight. The hotel is quite new. We found our room spacious, extremely clean and very comfortable. The bed was comfy and the wifi worked perfectly! Staff were helpful and pleasant. We did not stay for breakfast, but noted that a continental breakfast is available from 4.30am and full breakfast from 6.30am.
Reception staff offered to call us a taxi, but we preferred to take the public bus to the airport. It stops just outside the hotel and had us at the airport within ten minutes of a fare of £1.50. Easy!
This hotel is not expensive. We would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank julietheoracle
Rupesh G, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear julietheoracle,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

Here at the Hampton by Hilton Luton Airport, we strive to ensure that we uphold a customer focussed approach, especially as you are our Number 1 Priority! We work very hard to make sure that every guest departs from our hotel feeling content and stress-free; your comments will therefore be of great encouragement to the team.

Oxford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I booked this hotel as it was near a station that I could use during my stay. the hotel told me i could access the hotel directly from the station as it lies alongside the station. HOWEVER the gates to that path were not working and it took me ages to walk around the varius platforms - with my luggage to find staff to help. I had tried the help phone but that went to an outside support service that did not know the station. turns out there is a rather obzcure button you can press and then the staff can see you and let you out. the next morning I was told I would not be able to access the station from the hotel UNLESS I had an advance ticket for a train so instead I caught a taxi to my destination in Luton.
the hotel seems very new and has all the neatness and cleanliness of a new hotel. but not much atmosphere - and while the staff are adequate I did not find them particularly memorable in terms of service or approach. It is evidently a hotel much used for conferences. The breakfast area is very conveyer belt like in approach AND the cooked breakfast parts were either cold or luke warm. There is a staff member who stands there - not sure why - perhaps only to walk about and clear tables - but does not offer any help when you are looking to find things or how it all works. Given the problem with the station access and the distance from the town - though I was told it was walking distance but from my taxi ride I realised it was a bit more complicated than that perhaps. In future I may rather look for accommodation nearer the venue I was working at. Mind you the first hotel I tried to book into had closed down a few months before so perhaps this WAS the safer bet. In terms of quiet - it is next to the station and near an airport - I heard a few planes take off but not really troublesome and did not hear the trains despite their closeness - see picture.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Safaria,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

I was pleased to read that you found our hotel to be convenient for your stay.

We aim to provide a relaxed/calm atmosphere as we want our guests to depart from the hotel feeling content and stress free.

We do have staff members available during breakfast hours, if you had required any assistance; our staff are very friendly and approachable.

The town centre is within walking distance and not complicated at all, if you had required directions, we would have been more than happy to help.
I hope you can accept my apologies for any inconveniences caused during your stay and I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Useful for early flights out of London-Luton Airport. Located at the station Luton Airport Parkway (don't take a taxi - it's walkable in 2 minutes!). Exceptionally clean rooms, great breakfast and pleasant staff. Much recommended.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Rupesh G, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear lewisstruppi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review regarding your recent stay with us.

I was very pleased to read that you found our accommodation to meet your expectations.
We try in every way to exceed our guest’s expectations and provide the hospitality service that you deserve; it is even more encouraging when they want to come back.

I certainly look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Arrived very late for an early flight, checked in fine, went to the room, by this time it was 11pm, decided to have a bath, thought "better draw the curtains as my room can be seen from the station platforms" guess what NO Curtains\Blinds, so what do you do, re pack and ask for a change of room and lose sleep for an early flight, or turn the lights off so you can get out of the bath and go to bed, so thats what we did.

Next morning at about 6 am, the train platform was quite busy, so we sneaked around the room trying to get dressed, as we were leaving the room to check out an official looking woman was there with a clipboard so mentioned it to her, the reply "yes its broke and been taken away to be fixed" so they knew about it, just thought "never mind still let it out to one of our Honours customers" is the way that a customer should be treated?

There was no privacy in the room which was open to public view, quite simply shocking, thank god for Marriotts, travelodges, premier Inn, Ibis, they are all considerably better than this "check em in, chuck em out" hotel

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank hallchr
Dear hallchr,

Thank you for sharing your review.

I hope you can accept my sincerest apologies for the issues you encountered upon your stay with us. I was shocked to read that your room was given to you without blinds; I investigated the situation and found that there was a room without blinds; however a sheer net was in place.

It would be very beneficial if you could please confirm the room you were in and provide your confirmation number. You can contact me directly via the details provided below. I do sincerely apologise and I will try my best to rectify your satisfaction.