“Nice room and helpful staff”

Luton Hotel Residence
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Luton
“Nice room and helpful staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

Booked to stay one week at this hotel whilst on business so the ability to use the kitchenette in the room saved me a lot of money instead of eating out all week.
For the same price I would of got a normal hotel room of simular quality without cooking facilities so this is a real plus for the hotel.
Staff are friendly and very helpful, the room was clean and well furnished which made the time away from home a lot easier.

Would recommend this hotel in Luton and if you are staying longer than a few days then the self catering facilities can save you a lot of money!

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank specialistsecurity
LHR2011, Manager at Luton Hotel Residence, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your thoughts on our hotel. It is always nice to have positive feedback from guests. We hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

my son and i had to stay overnight before flying from luton airport. the twin room was immaculate and the staff were very helpful and i have no hesitation in recommending friends and family staying there in the future thanks again especially to the member of staff who carried my heavy suitcase up the flight of stairs.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Mary A
Cannock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

Though I haven't actually stayed in the hotel myself I have had a weekly dealing with them over the last 7 months as I have book this accommdation for some of our workforce. The staff are always friendly & helpful. All bookings/transaction have been pleasant!!

Thank you very much for the service we have received and if we are ever working in Luton again we certainly contact you first.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Amy S
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

I needed somewhere to stay between a flight arriving at Luton Airport at 9pm and another leaving at 6am. So I wanted somewhere cheap and near the airport. The reviews for this hotel where good and the price was excellent. I cannot fault it in any way - for my purpose it was perfect. It was a very easy taxi ride – less than 10 minutes (late evening / early morning). I received a lovely welcome at the hotel and help with my suitcase to my room. The room had all I needed and more. As well as the usual, bed and desk and chair and plenty of storage, telly, fridge and ensuite shower –room, it also had a small kitchenette with all that was necessary to cook a meal and make tea and coffee. (Tea coffee and milk provided). I just wanted to sleep. The bed was comfortable. I was woken at the time requested and the taxi they ordered for me arrived punctually. I would definitely stay again

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank fredinburgh
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

A friendly, if somewhat puzzling, welcome (as in, who are you? when I had already booked).
Beware the extra charges-£39 per night ended up as £54 per night, with parking, although £10 was a refundable deposit for a parking badge. So, £39=£44.
The room was tiny. The bed was very hard. I ended up with a ricked neck in the morning, from which I have not recovered yet. If you are over 6 foot-avoid. Seriously.
On entering my room, I thought I'd have a shower. Stripped off and got into the shower. No soap. I have never had to shower using washing up liquid before-so the self catering side had some uses-otherwise, it had no benefit to me.
The room was reasonably clean but there were gaps in tiling and in the walls etc.
Reception was unable to give me any guidance about places to eat, bar "walk into town and you can find anything". I noticed that the tourist guidance related to London attractions-weird-if I wanted to visit Windsor Castle, I would not stay in Luton. (Okay, Windsor is not exactly in London, but I hope you get my drift).
Sleep. I didn't do much more than doze between police sirens and hearing people fighting a few yards away. The window was titchy but somehow managed to let huge amounts of light in-tip to proprietor, roller blinds do not keep the yellow glow of street lights out. The other residents were pretty quiet but the neighbourhood is not.
It would have been helpful to have been able to turn my light off whilst in bed, not having to get out of bed and then turn it off. The room was slightly smaller than a modern prison cell.
In the morning, reception tersely demanded that I return my TV remote. I had not realised that this was a rule of the hotel. I suspect that the look on my face suggested him to go and get it-although I was severely admonished not to leave before he had returned. I do not expect to be treated as a thief by hoteliers.
Did I get the complimentary coffeee and croisant the hotel brochure offered (or was I even offered them)? You must be kidding.
This hotel fails on many levels. The start to turn things around would be to ensure that "guests" (or is that inmates?) are given good, accurate information and that rooms are properly prepared before arrival.
NEVER AGAIN.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank James504221
LHR2011, Staff Member, Front of House at Luton Hotel Residence, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
I am really sorry if we didn't meet up to your expectations. We do surname of every guest so that we should know who we are checking in and also we request a vaild ID like a driving licence or passport. It's a purpose keep everybody in house safe & secure. A nominal £10.00 refundable deposit is for the room & T.V remote. We have spent quite a good amount of money to provide parking facility for our guests. No company in & around luton offers a 24 hours parking facility in just £5.
There are numerous takeaways, restuarants, pubs & bars on every nook & corner of Luton Town Centre and we are very sorry if you couldn't find any upto your standard. We provide shampoo, shower gel & soap bar. I remember that you came to reception asking for it and I provided everything. I bed your apologies if I couldn't satisfied you with my service. Your complementary tea & coffee stuff was already in your room on the kitchen cabinet as well.

We are a budgeted hotel & if you compare the facilties with room cost, it is a great deal. We are ranked 8.5 in staff, 7.9 in cleanliness & 7.8 in value for money on major booking sites despite being a small accomodation.

However, we value our customer comments & feed back & we thank for your stay and we assrue you that we will try our level best to bring improvements in our services in future.

Travellers are raving about these Luton hotels

Aberta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Were there for couple of nights. It was among one of the best stays. They gave their help & support to my ailing wife. The staff was very helpful & smiling all the time. Rooms were neat & clean & equipped with all facilities they promised. It was a marvellous stay & we would like to stay there again & also would like to recommend this hotel to our friends.

Room Tip: All rooms are same and neat & clean. Most of the double rooms are on the other side of the stree...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Aarau, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

Stayed there for one night; staff was very friendly and helpful with any inquiries. The rooms are nice and clean, selfcatering possible due to little kitchen and equipment. The bathroom very modern and nice,unfortunately the shower-power didn´t work but the shower itself got fixed in a very short time.. Great location for shopping. And close to public bus for the airport. Good to stay on short terms

Room Tip: stayed in room 32 which is on side road, Carbage was emtpied at 7.15 a.m not realy ideal if you´d li...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
LHR2011, Front Office Manager at Luton Hotel Residence, responded to this review, 15 December 2011
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Sorry that you found the shower faulty and that we couldn't change rooms for you, but we were full during your recent stay. As you mentioned, we quickly got our maintence supervisor to pop back to the workplace and repair the shower with-in an hour or so.

One morning a week the bins are emptied on our street and they typically empty them between 7am and 8am. At the moment this happens on Tuesday mornings.