“What a great spa break after Christmas”

Luton Hoo Hotel Golf and Spa
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Luton
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Luton hoo on a dinner bed and breakfast deal. Absolutely fantastic really beautiful hotel and grounds. The Adams brasserie restaraunt was very good but the service was poor. But overall we had a great time.

• Stayed: December 2013

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Eleven of us attended for afternoon tea to celebrate a family birthday. It is a beautiful house in lovely grounds, but it was let down by slow and poor service. We enjoyed the sandwiches, but felt the scones were rather dry and we had to ask twice for more supplies of cream for the scones as the quantity supplied was so meagre that there was insufficient for everyone. There was a long wait each time before it arrived. The staff were friendly, but perhaps not very organised. Certainly didn't feel it represented value for money!! Plenty of room for improvemen!!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The Luton Hoo has 5 Star pretensions.Sadly this is not matched by its front office service and quality of rooms. Despite elaborate arrangements being made by my relatives to for me to enjoy the Luton Hoo experience for my 60th birthday(including dinner for a large contingent), the treatment accorded was shabby.
I was assigned a room in the Flower Garden wing and not in the Mansion itself.I informed the receptionist on checking in that my prior research in Tripadvisor indicated that the Garden rooms did not provide the ambience, views and experience of the Mansion rooms. I was told that these comments were " unfair" and that the Garden rooms were beautiful, etc. I was assured that I would be able to get a Mansion room if the Garden rooms were unsatisfactory.As it turned out the Tripadvisor reviews were accurate as the Garden room assigned had a bush barely covering a car park as the ONLY view.The furnishings were rather dated and basic.When I phoned the reception to ask for a change, I was asked to justify my request and then curtly informed that no better rooms were available. We therefore walked up to the Mansion and informed the original receptionist that the room was not up to standard. We were promised that a change would be made but this promise was not kept.Later on I found out that champagne/ fruit basket ( really basic stuff) were planned as surprise birthday offerings but these were provided only after complaints were made by my relatives later that evening.Front Office Staff integrity and competency is fundamental to attaining 5 star status. Furnishings and fittings should also be refurbished periodically.These attributes are clearly lacking at the Luton Hoo.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Intrepidation
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Celebrated my brother's 50th birthday here with ~40 of his closest friends. Absolutely fabulous. We got a great room rate due to the group booking. The rooms are about the size of the average London flat - enormous. I wish I could have stayed longer, there was so much to do - spa, afternoon tea, the bar (The 19th), golf and so much more. The staff went out of their way to accommodate us, moving luggage back and forth, directing us when we got lost in the labyrinth of corridors and buildings - so much fun. I would love to stay here again. The fire places in the lobby were lit during our stay and the aroma of the wood was very english country - loved it.

Room Tip: Better views with higher floor at the back of the mansion house. The lowest floor had a patio just o...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I have had the pleasure and privilege to visit Luton Hoo on a number of occasions and each visit has been outstanding.
My first occasion was a Wedding Reception, my second was my mother 80th Birthday for afternoon tea, my third was for my birthday and wedding anniversary,another my friends birthday and my husband has for the past 2 years hosted his company's "Christmas Do" there.
All faultless and i would highly recommended Adam's Brasserie.

On a personal note - slippers/footwear are not provided when visiting the spa , so in hindsight best to take your own.

Room Tip: I have only had the pleasure of staying in the Mansion rooms so i cannot comment on the rooms locate...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BKerr65
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Nothing can prepare you for the reception that you receive even before you walk through the Grand Entrance to Luton Hoo. The staff are attentive, gracious, helpful, friendly and take pride in what they do. I felt like a VIP throughout the whole stay, especially after being upgraded to a suite which was a fantastic surprise. The bathroom was huge, which incorporated two sinks and a beautiful bath, with Molton Brown toiletries, and made even more special with a lovely fireplace. We had a fantastic view of the Gardens from the Living Area....perfect, whilst having a lovely cup of Earl Grey. But I would particularly like to thank Greg, whose attentiveness in sorting out my rather fussy room service requirements was second to none!
And what about breakfast? Beautiful surroundings, roaring fireplace, the tastiest food and the BEST coffee that I have ever tasted, after which, we had a great game of Snooker in the Games Room, before we reluctantly left.
Staying at Luton Hoo is an experience not to be missed.....we only wished we had stayed here for our Wedding Anniversary instead of the Bedford Swan Hotel which was awful, and who need to learn some basic rules of hospitality and customer service from Luton Hoo.
We are recommending the hotel to all our friends and we will certainly be back to enjoy the experience again.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a suite when we booked a room in the Mansion House.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

We took the decision to dine out on Boxing Day this year. Something our family have never done as we always celebrate at home. I wanted our family dinner to be perfect...and it was!

We were greeted beautifully and shown to our table. The restaurant had a lovely ambience and live music played in the background. The options on the set menu were varied and exciting. The children's menu was more limited but I asked if our children could choose a Roast beef option - was not a problem at all. Champagne and wine all delicious.

The roast beef main course was exceptional as was the Bailey's creme brûlée with gingerbread shortcake.

We wouldn't hesitate in making this our new tradition..we had an amazing afternoon. Thank you.

Stayed: December 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luton
Sopwell House
#1 of 1 in Chandler's Cross
The Waterfront Hotel, Spa & Golf
Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8
Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport

Been to Luton Hoo Hotel Golf and Spa? Share your experiences!